ESPN UniWatch preview for College Football | Syracusefan.com

ESPN UniWatch preview for College Football

http://espn.go.com/college-football...st-college-football-uni-watch-preview-history

We can all stop posting about changes to the uniforms because same old conservative Syracuse is going to be wearing the same freaking jerseys with our BIG CHANGE being 44s glove OH BOY that is greatest addition to our uniforms. My wish for an Orange jersey I guess will have to wait.

1. There isn't any really wrong with the uniforms. If they do go with an Orange Jersey, need White or Blue pants, all Orange is just bad.

2. Those gloves are pretty cool. I like the incorporation of the touchstone number that the kids can flash as a team symbol.

1. There isn't any really wrong with the uniforms. If they do go with an Orange Jersey, need Orange or Blue pants, all Orange is just bad.

2. Those gloves are pretty cool. I like the incorporation of the touchstone number that the kids can flash as a team symbol.
Syracuse has very little Orange in the jerseys outside of the pants and we are the freaking Orangeman. I would change the blue numbering to orange numbering and their is nothing wrong with having New York Giant gray pants with Orange and Blue where the Giants Red and White is and having an Orange jersey with Grey pants. The gloves are good but I hate the fact they are considered the flashy additions to the jerseys. The gloves are nothing to recruits they want flash not boring.

Syracuse has very little Orange in the jerseys outside of the pants and we are the freaking Orangeman. I would change the blue numbering to orange numbering and their is nothing wrong with having New York Giant gray pants with Orange and Blue where the Giants Red and White is and having an Orange jersey with Grey pants. The gloves are good but I hate the fact they are considered the flashy additions to the jerseys. The gloves are nothing to recruits they want flash not boring.

I keep hearing that the Giants uni's should be copied. That is the single worst idea, ever. Talk about boring. Grey face masks and grey pants? That's the big recruiting pitch? No thanks you.

I'll assume that when you say "gray" that you really mean "platinum".

I haven't seen an Orange football jersey yet that I've liked.

Sweet. Another uniform thread. This will certainly end different than the other 4,444. Can one of the admins tack it.

I keep hearing that the Giants uni's should be copied. That is the single worst idea, ever. Talk about boring. Grey face masks and grey pants? That's the big recruiting pitch? No thanks you.
I don't want to copy the Giants uniforms jeez I said COPY THEIR PANTS. I don't care if we have silver, grey, platinum any color pants with Orange and Blue in stripes and wear Orange Jerseys. We are the freaking Orange NOT the Blue. We have very little Orange in the uniforms why the hell are the numbers Blue in our road jerseys and not Orange? I don't want to become Oregon or Maryland and have a different uniform each week, but wanting an Orange home jersey is not much to ask for.

Sweet. Another uniform thread. This will certainly end different than the other 4,444. Can one of the admins tack it.
Yeah, thank you for being so smug in your message it contributes greatly to the discourse on this board. If your not interested I would recommend you not reading the link. As I posted an article documenting ALL uniform changes so my advice is if you don't care about other college football teams changes to their uniforms don't read this thread as my title was obvious as to what this thread was about.

I don't want to copy the Giants uniforms jeez I said COPY THEIR PANTS. I don't care if we have silver, grey, platinum any color pants with Orange and Blue in stripes and wear Orange Jerseys. We are the freaking Orange NOT the Blue. We have very little Orange in the uniforms why the hell are the numbers Blue in our road jerseys and not Orange? I don't want to become Oregon or Maryland and have a different uniform each week, but wanting an Orange home jersey is not much to ask for.

You keep saying this, but I'm not in agreement. We wear orange pants and have an orange helmet, home and away. It's a lot of orange, just not dominant on the jersey.

rp_primary_Smith.jpg

IMHO, we spent the better part of 5 years dedicated to ruining the great uniform we had. Now that we've finally fixed those mistakes I'm perfectly content to let what we have now ride for a little while. I mean...

rp_primary_williamsweb.jpg

rp_primary_PattersonPerryWVU05241WEB.jpg

:bang:

Yeah, thank you for being so smug in your message it contributes greatly to the discourse on this board. If your not interested I would recommend you not reading the link. As I posted an article documenting ALL uniform changes so my advice is if you don't care about other college football teams changes to their uniforms don't read this thread as my title was obvious as to what this thread was about.

Look I am on your side. I think we could do better with some alternate uni's. My point is it has been beaten down. Our "discourse" here wont change anything and it has been discussed...again and again and again and again...etc

I'll assume that when you say "gray" that you really mean "platinum".

I haven't seen an Orange football jersey yet that I've liked.
You didnt like the Mcnabb years?

Fair enough your message just seemed to be a slight towards me if not I apologize.

You keep saying this, but I'm not in agreement. We wear orange pants and have an orange helmet, home and away. It's a lot of orange, just not dominant on the jersey.

rp_primary_Smith.jpg

IMHO, we spent the better part of 5 years dedicated to ruining the great uniform we had. Now that we've finally fixed those mistakes I'm perfectly content to let what we have now ride for a little while. I mean...

rp_primary_williamsweb.jpg

rp_primary_PattersonPerryWVU05241WEB.jpg

:bang:
If they used Orange numbering surrounded by white instead of the other way around I would be happy with that. I liked the white jerseys we wore during the last 3 years of the Donovan McNabb era through 2004. They were white jerseys with Orange numbering, Orange pants, and a solid Orange helmet. The home jerseys have never had enough Orange IMO. The blue is overwhelming in our current jerseys the tops are blue with white numbers surrounded by Orange and an Orange S on the front and the Nike swoosh is white. If we had an Orange top with White, Gray, Platinum, Silver pants I would and be happy but we can't get that done.

You didnt like the Mcnabb years?
I was living on another continent during the McNabb years. I just googled the web for pictures of Donovan. The only ones with him wearing an Orange jersey were taken on a court not a field.

My bad..when you said Orange jersey i thought you meant the program..not the particular color orange...haha McNabb def never wore an orange jersey.

If they used Orange numbering surrounded by white instead of the other way around I would be happy with that. I liked the white jerseys we wore during the last 3 years of the Donovan McNabb era through 2004. They were white jerseys with Orange numbering, Orange pants, and a solid Orange helmet. The home jerseys have never had enough Orange IMO. The blue is overwhelming in our current jerseys the tops are blue with white numbers surrounded by Orange and an Orange S on the front and the Nike swoosh is white. If we had an Orange top with White, Gray, Platinum, Silver pants I would and be happy but we can't get that done.

I'll agree to disagree on 2 counts. If you rocked the orange jersey with an orange helmet - but removed the orange pants - It's going to look really off. Too much orange up top. If you went with orange # on white jerseys and stuck with the official orange - it wouldn't be readable. You could throw some blue piping around the letters or a blue dropshadow - but yuck.

I'm a graphic designer / illustrator - so I know of what I speak.

I'll agree to disagree on 2 counts. If you rocked the orange jersey with an orange helmet - but removed the orange pants - It's going to look really off. Too much orange up top. If you went with orange # on white jerseys and stuck with the official orange - it wouldn't be readable. You could throw some blue piping around the letters or a blue dropshadow - but yuck.

I was going to say that I usually dislike the same color jersey/helmet treatment, but I'm no designer so I refrained.

Glad to see my uniform sensibilities aren't too bad.

;)

images

These are the jerseys I referenced from the last three years of the McNabb era thru 2004. The blue piping of Orange numbers was good. These uniforms had way more ORANGE than BLUE. The only problem was when they added the Orange tops in 2003 they didn't look good because we wore Orange tops on Orange pants but if we had white, grey, platinum, or blue pants those Orange tops would be fine. We wore Orange tops two times during the Coach P era 2003? vs WVU and 2004 vs. Pitt the 3 OT game and Coach P's last home game.

Id like to see a new alternate this year - with possibly a chrome or blue helmet.

I also think we should go back to blue facemasks

images

These are the jerseys I referenced from the last three years of the McNabb era thru 2004. The blue piping of Orange numbers was good. These uniforms had way more ORANGE than BLUE. The only problem was when they added the Orange tops in 2003 they didn't look good because we wore Orange tops on Orange pants but if we had white, grey, platinum, or blue pants those Orange tops would be fine. We wore Orange tops two times during the Coach P era 2003? vs WVU and 2004 vs. Pitt the 3 OT game and Coach P's last home game.

So you're hung up on the color of the numbers? Because aside from that, what we wear now on the road is the same as then...

rp_primary_LemonAlec_WinningTD_photo.jpg

So you're hung up on the color of the numbers? Because aside from that, what we wear now on the road is the same as then...

I think i do like the orange numerals better. and the facemasks as i mentioned before

Blue numbers are a lot easier to see than orange numbers.

1. There isn't any really wrong with the uniforms. If they do go with an Orange Jersey, need White or Blue pants, all Orange is just bad.

So, since Texas has the horns symbol, and Oregon has the O, should SU fans hold up four fingers on each hand to signify the number 44?

images

Our road uniforms are not like the McNabb era they look like the University of Illinois with Orange pants.