ESPN UniWatch preview for College Football | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN UniWatch preview for College Football

medium_Donovan_McNabb.JPG

rp_primary_LemonAlec_WinningTD_photo.jpg
C'mon read my posts I have said the entire thread the last 3 years of the McNabb era. The first year of the McNabb era we had the blue numbers, I know your smart enough to know what I was saying.

C'mon read my posts I have said the entire thread the last 3 years of the McNabb era. The first year of the McNabb era we had the blue numbers, I know your smart enough to know what I was saying.

I still like these better. :)

I still like these better. :)
Fair enough I don't think anybody is necessarily right or wrong when it comes down to personal preference I just wish we wore a good looking Orange home jersey, but realize it isn't happening.

I'm a graphic designer, too, and this works. :p (and I HATE the Giants)

7042411823_4739d6b7e8_b.jpg

The grey facemask (which we already have) ties in with the grey pants. Just change everything thats blue into orange. The red highlights would be blue for us.

Look at Oregon State's uniform in the center. Same chrome orange helmet, that many of us like. Change everything that's black here into blue, swap grey pants for the orange, and change the facemask to grey.

12373461-essay.jpg

Probably 90+% of us like the current unis, but it wouldn't hurt to have a "simple" alternate.

everyone always says how were not Bama, LSU, or ND, so screw the traditional uniforms, just one time a year do something crazy. The kids love it

So you're hung up on the color of the numbers? Because aside from that, what we wear now on the road is the same as then...

rp_primary_LemonAlec_WinningTD_photo.jpg

That's a damn good lookin' uniform. The block S has grown on me.

So, since Texas has the horns symbol, and Oregon has the O, should SU fans hold up four fingers on each hand to signify the number 44?

Now we're cooking with gas.

Our uniforms look great. They're sharp. I hope we keep them like this for a long time.

So, since Texas has the horns symbol, and Oregon has the O, should SU fans hold up four fingers on each hand to signify the number 44?

I love it.

Love. It.

Too bad our fanbase will never, ever do it.

The grey facemask (which we already have) ties in with the grey pants. Just change everything thats blue into orange. The red highlights would be blue for us.

Look at Oregon State's uniform in the center. Same chrome orange helmet, that many of us like. Change everything that's black here into blue, swap grey pants for the orange, and change the facemask to grey.

12373461-essay.jpg

Probably 90+% of us like the current unis, but it wouldn't hurt to have a "simple" alternate.

I can see where you're coming from - but I'm not a fan of the orange for the O state jersey and helmet combo. I could see it as an alt uniform with some work.

I do like the all white version. That could be cool.

(Side note - good to know I'm not the lone designer around here...)

I love it.

Love. It.

Ok Scooch. Let's start a campaign.

God almighty just can the uniform talk. I love the traditional look that SU has and I got comfortable with the block S on the helmets. Tradition means something. Besides, our uniforms look cool especially with those under shirts.

12373461-essay.jpg

Those are hideous...

Ok Scooch. Let's start a campaign.

Our fanbase won't even do a cheer other than "Let's Go Orange".

I'm through tilting at those windmills.

Yea but with the 44 gloves... thumbs in, pinkys dead horizontal, fingers fanned, wrists crossed

COME ON WHO IS IN OTTOS ARMY LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!

I do like the all white version. That could be cool.

(Side note - good to know I'm not the lone designer around here...)

Personally not a fan of anything white, besides jerseys (maybe PSU or Texas are okay). I always wondered if a lot of this taste in uniforms comes down to which teams you grew up liking. I grew up a 49ers fan, so maybe that's why I'm okay with the grey facemasks.

Have always preferred that the helmets match the pants, so for me to like the Giants it must really work. Perhaps the reason it doesn't look like "too much" is because their helmets are a different blue than the jerseys. Which is the same thing we'd accomplish if our alt helmet were the orange chrome.

Personally not a fan of anything white, besides jerseys (maybe PSU or Texas are okay). I always wondered if a lot of this taste in uniforms comes down to which teams you grew up liking. I grew up a 49ers fan, so maybe that's why I'm okay with the grey facemasks.

Have always preferred that the helmets match the pants, so for me to like the Giants it must really work. Perhaps the reason it doesn't look like "too much" is because their helmets are a different blue than the jerseys. Which is the same thing we'd accomplish if our alt helmet were the orange chrome.

Yep - that I completely agree with. The problem with the all orange uni's from the dark days, was that they tried to match the oranges, got close - but it was slightly off. Making it look awful. You have to go in knowing that they won't match - and make it a noticeable deviation, like you mentioned with the Giants.

I love it.

Love. It.

This would be awesome. Lot's of fans already hold up 4 fingers for the fourth quarter. It would be awesome if Syracuse did this X2. Get it going students!

Wrong.

We have great uniforms.

No need to go with the ugly nonsense that too many schools have adopted.
Our uniforms have very little Orange in them. Taking away the helmet our Orange only comes in the pants the tops are overwhelming blue and white. We are the Syracuse Orangemen with one official color which is Orange not Blue, and Orange is behind White and Blue on the tops. The only official color is the 3rd most seen color on the tops of our uniforms. I don't want ugly uniforms all I want is for the team to wear Orange tops since we are the ORANGE. We don't need radical change to the uniforms to get improvement, but the status quo wing of the fanbase irks me as you always strive to improve. When Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State which are staples of tradition make subtle changes to their uniforms for recruiting because recruits care about this stuff why can't Syracuse. It seems like people against change are like this
images

For someone who doesn't care if people disagree with you, you seem to care a lot.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

For someone who doesn't care if people disagree with you, you seem to care a lot.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
LOL that is hilarious so basically you don't have debates with your friends. You confuse having a discussion with taking offensive. I could give a crap if somebody disagrees with me, but that doesn't mean I won't have a conservation with them. My god what a statement who cares if you disagree with me I am going to tell you what I think and as long as it doesn't get personal that should be fine so I don't get the meaning of your statement except to try and start something where their is nothing.

edit: Also, my statement of people against change are like Clint Eastwood listed absolutely nobody by name so it doesn't get personal.

Just because most SU fans don't know (and don't care about) the words to the fight song, and don't know (and don't care about) the words to the Alma Mater, you're just going to give up?

I would too. At least they're not booing when the marching band plays yet. Right? Or are they now.

And hey, didn't Donte Green get a bunch of people to make diamond shapes for the dynasty? So there's that.

Just because most SU fans don't know (and don't care about) the words to the fight song, and don't know (and don't care about) the words to the Alma Mater, you're just going to give up?

I would too. At least they're not booing when the marching band plays yet. Right? Or are they now.

And hey, didn't Donte Green get a bunch of people to make diamond shapes for the dynasty? So there's that.

Yes. I gave up.

My trip to the Final Four was such a stark reminder of how utterly lame our fans are in terms of maintaining the slightest semblance of tradition. Hell, Wichita State had more cheers and chants than we did (which means all they needed was freakin' 2).

It's comical that every Boston pro sports team I follow has more in-stadium fan traditions than my alma mater. But it is what it is.

Our uniforms have very little Orange in them. Taking away the helmet our Orange only comes in the pants the tops are overwhelming blue and white. We are the Syracuse Orangemen with one official color which is Orange not Blue, and Orange is behind White and Blue on the tops. The only official color is the 3rd most seen color on the tops of our uniforms. I don't want ugly uniforms all I want is for the team to wear Orange tops since we are the ORANGE. We don't need radical change to the uniforms to get improvement, but the status quo wing of the fanbase irks me as you always strive to improve. When Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State which are staples of tradition make subtle changes to their uniforms for recruiting because recruits care about this stuff why can't Syracuse. It seems like people against change are like this
images

Here's an story that relates to this phenomenon. In design circles, we always joke that the 1st thing a new client requests is to "make the logo bigger" ... It's not understanding that what makes great design is the balance between elements, the weight things have vs other things, location, etc. I always retort, "Are you saying 'Make it more important?'" ...

Here's why I like the level of orange in the current uni's - it's balanced. The most important element of a uni is the helmet. Ours are all orange - and with the block "S" - important for marketing and a welcome change from the plain orange helmets of the McNabb era (and before).

I hate the removal of the blue from the Bball court. Removing it from the uni's removes the contrast. In other words - the blue makes the orange brighter and more important. Lose it and the orange gets washed out by white. Make everything orange and you risk "making the logo bigger."

Lastly - I can guarantee you that the good Dr. had Nike designers whip up an orange top and decided it didn't look as good. In this case, I'd trust Nike - they are the best at what they do. I'm all for a throwback uni as an alternative. Maybe the old McNabb jerseys when he is inducted to the HoF? : )