ESPN UniWatch preview for College Football | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN UniWatch preview for College Football

Our uniforms have very little Orange in them. Taking away the helmet our Orange only comes in the pants the tops are overwhelming blue and white. We are the Syracuse Orangemen with one official color which is Orange not Blue, and Orange is behind White and Blue on the tops. The only official color is the 3rd most seen color on the tops of our uniforms. I don't want ugly uniforms all I want is for the team to wear Orange tops since we are the ORANGE. We don't need radical change to the uniforms to get improvement, but the status quo wing of the fanbase irks me as you always strive to improve. When Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State which are staples of tradition make subtle changes to their uniforms for recruiting because recruits care about this stuff why can't Syracuse. It seems like people against change are like this
images

Hey, I understand that our "official" color is orange, but the stark reality is that a uniform dominated by orange is just not that attractive.

I don't like the all orange Clemson look or the all orange Oklahoma State look.

I think our Coach Mac era uniforms - what we essentially have now - is a great look with just enough orange but not too much orange.

Indeed, the blue numbers on the jersey is a better look in my opinon than the orange numbers.

Take away the "S" on the helmet and our uniforms are as attractive as any in the USA.

So, in my opinion we should not do what Dr. Gross did in 2005. We should leave alone what is a great uniform.

maybe some day tenn texas clemson will have some unis they dont want and nike will be kind enough to sell them to us-
im always amazed that with orange OUR color we dont do it crazy once in a while like the kids today want-
do some kind of dark grey almost black with orange- heck orange with green and pink stripes

I do think the court is a little odd. We basically traded blue highlights for white. Maybe they are trying to phase in a Texas-like look for us.

These gloves are sick:

BQXOFgQCQAEO3tb.jpg

Might buy a pair for mowing the lawn. ;)

I love it.

Love. It.

Too bad our fanbase will never, ever do it.
2Q==

We would be copying these guys. However, I wouldn't mind the 44 yd being marked off in honor of its history at SU.

2Q==

We would be copying these guys. However, I wouldn't mind the 44 yd being marked off in honor of its history at SU.

It already is. There is a Orange "44" on the field.

2Q==

Nah. Doing 'hook 'em horns' would be copying. Doing a "44" would be our's, because "44" is our's.

It's not worth debating though, our fans are too friggin' lame to ever do it.

Here's an story that relates to this phenomenon. In design circles, we always joke that the 1st thing a new client requests is to "make the logo bigger" ... It's not understanding that what makes great design is the balance between elements, the weight things have vs other things, location, etc. I always retort, "Are you saying 'Make it more important?'" ...

Here's why I like the level of orange in the current uni's - it's balanced. The most important element of a uni is the helmet. Ours are all orange - and with the block "S" - important for marketing and a welcome change from the plain orange helmets of the McNabb era (and before).

I hate the removal of the blue from the Bball court. Removing it from the uni's removes the contrast. In other words - the blue makes the orange brighter and more important. Lose it and the orange gets washed out by white. Make everything orange and you risk "making the logo bigger."

Lastly - I can guarantee you that the good Dr. had Nike designers whip up an orange top and decided it didn't look as good. In this case, I'd trust Nike - they are the best at what they do. I'm all for a throwback uni as an alternative. Maybe the old McNabb jerseys when he is inducted to the HoF? : )

Best uniform post ever, please copy and paste this in every uniform thread going forward. Thanks.