ESPN Watch...USER Not Authorized | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Watch...USER Not Authorized

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
I get this occasionally (in fact tonight). It is an irritant but I can fix it by:

Signing out of your account (in my case Youtube TV) and going to espn.com/activate and signing back in with a code provided.

Hope this helps some of you that have this problem.

Thanks man! It worked for me. You literally saved me from probably throwing a brick through my TV

Yeah it happens to me about every 6-8 weeks for some reason. I posted it because I figure it would save someone the call to some customer service run around.

It’s intentional. ESPN knows that people share accounts so they think by giving you the error every few months making you sign in will deter sharing logins.

It’s intentional. ESPN knows that people share accounts so they think by giving you the error every few months making you sign in will deter sharing logins.

Bunch of apps do it. HBO go, discovery etc. doesn’t deter sharing trust me lol

Directvnow actually stopped being an eligible provider back in November, apparently a contract dispute. Fortunately spectrum internet gave me a fall back provider.

Went to my go to bar; not playing. Had to watch on my phone. Awful

you couldn't ask them to turn the game on or it just wasn't on locally?

Had this happen to me tonight as well. And I also have YouTubeTV. Also worked for me to sign out and then go through the activation process again, only to have it then tell me it was blacked out (one of the local "extra" digital channels carries the SU games on Raycom sports which YouTubeTV doesn't carry). I'm too far out in the boonies for a digital TV antenna to work unfortunately.
Ended up having to watch on my laptop using a VPN to trick it into thinking I was watching from somewhere else in the country where it wasn't blacked out.

Awful is right. ACC team getting blacked out in its prime viewing area in the dead of winter ... wow. SU needs to fix this.

Awful is right. ACC team getting blacked out in its prime viewing area in the dead of winter ... wow. SU needs to fix this.

I think he’s in Vegas.

Had this happen to me tonight as well. And I also have YouTubeTV. Also worked for me to sign out and then go through the activation process again, only to have it then tell me it was blacked out (one of the local "extra" digital channels carries the SU games on Raycom sports which YouTubeTV doesn't carry). I'm too far out in the boonies for a digital TV antenna to work unfortunately.
Ended up having to watch on my laptop using a VPN to trick it into thinking I was watching from somewhere else in the country where it wasn't blacked out.

Almost every game has been blacked out for me lately.

I’m barely invested anymore. They’re killing my interest by making the games so hard to watch.

I think he’s in Vegas.
This is the second "blacked out" game in the last 2 weeks - for a ROAD game in Boston. What is the deal? If ESPN doesn't want the game, and Raycom isn't interested, then we should be allowed to produce it ourselves and run it on Cuse.com. The program needs all the exposure it can get right about now.

Last edited:

I’m barely invested anymore. They’re killing my interest by making the games so hard to watch.
I have Cox TV. A few weeks ago I noticed that the ESPN app games are streaming live on my TV. I can’t stop pause or rewind them but I’m getting the same feed as I get on the app. I have no idea why.

VPN

Nord VPN 3yrs for $99

Directvnow actually stopped being an eligible provider back in November, apparently a contract dispute. Fortunately spectrum internet gave me a fall back provider.
Does your spectrum/Time warner log in give you access to Watch ESPN. Im very close to cancelling my directv now account because I cant get into the espn app for lots of games.

I used to get the Raycom broadcasts on one of the "extra" digital channels for the local Albany, NY NBC affiliate when I had Spectrum for TV. The channel was called MyTV 51. I lost them when I cut the cord and went with YouTube TV. As long as Raycom sports isn't carrying the games, I can watch via the ESPN app on my Roku, but when it's on Raycom and technically being broadcast locally, ESPN blacks it out which sucks.
No way I'm going back to Spectrum though - I cut my monthly TV bill to less than half what it used to be. Using a VPN on my laptop to get around the ESPN blackout is a decent work-around for now. Hopefully once the ACC Network is up and running, this won't be an issue.

Does your spectrum/Time warner log in give you access to Watch ESPN. Im very close to cancelling my directv now account because I cant get into the espn app for lots of games.

I dropped Directv and went with directnow streaming (which I like) I was pretty irate to find out that directv now dropped out as a WatchESPN provider after there was a fee dispute. I was pleasantly surprised my Charter spectrum account was also an eligible provider and that I didn’t have to switch to Hulu, YouTube tv, or the the like

Last night was odd. I'm a Direct TV subscriber in Raleigh. The game was listed on 789 (788-792 is free on my plan and sort of like the old ESPN Full Court) and it showed blacked out when I went to it. Usually never any issues with these channels. Naturally I thought it would be on another channel but it wasn't. I checked 790 and it had the WF and Louisville game on fine too.

VPN

Nord VPN 3yrs for $99

Yep, great advice. I have Ipvanish VPN. I'm in Orlando and the game wasn't being showed on ESPN+ because it was blacked out here. WHY??? So, I went to ipvanish and made it look like I was in Atlanta and it worked. Very strange stuff.

Wondered why I couldn’t log into the app through my Directv account. Now I’m stuck in the south with no way to watch the games. Ugh

YouTube TV
Just as long as ESPN doesn't have the game blacked out in your area. They black out in the Albany, NY area because a local channel that's not included in my YoutTube TV package carries the games broadcast by Raycom Sports. I use a VPN to trick them into thinking I'm watching from another area of the country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom