ESPN Watch...USER Not Authorized | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Watch...USER Not Authorized

Need a smart tv?
Depends on the Smart TV - not sure if all support YouTube TV app (I think only Samsung and LG). However you can get a Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Android TV, Xbox One which all support YouTube TV.
YoutTube TV is a supported provider for the WatchESPN app, so you can watch games that are streamed via ESPN

Depends on the Smart TV - not sure if all support YouTube TV app (I think only Samsung and LG). However you can get a Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Android TV, Xbox One which all support YouTube TV.
YoutTube TV is a supported provider for the WatchESPN app, so you can watch games that are streamed via ESPN
Just signed up for YouTube tv. It’s main device is my iPad. So, now I can log into Watchespn and see the basketball games? As you can see, I’m totally inept with these things

Just signed up for YouTube tv. It’s main device is my iPad. So, now I can log into Watchespn and see the basketball games? As you can see, I’m totally inept with these things
Yes, you should be able to. You'll just need to authorize/activate the WatchESPN app using your YouTube TV account the first time you try to watch a game via WatchESPN

Yeah, the ESPN app seems to require re-authorization once a month. It's fairly annoying.

On top of that, I have YoutubeTV as my TV provider and also subscribe to ESPN+ for $5/month through the ESPN app on my Roku... but any SU game that is ACC Network/Raycom is balcked out in the ESPN app here in Albany.

They even blacked out the away @BC game. I think channel 4 (myTV4) is the local Raycom station in albany is getting the feed - but it's not in YoutubeTV and has blackout rights for the region - completely ridiculous. Not like living 2:15 minutes from syracuse should earmark you for a blackout.

I wind up having to use my laptop with VPN connecting from Texas, then load the game from the ESPN website in chrome browser to circumvent the blackout... and then cast it to my TV using my chromecast stick plugged into one of the HDMI ports on my TV...

Lot's hoops to jump through I don't like... but at least I have a method to circumvent this utter horsesheet...

Yeah, the ESPN app seems to require re-authorization once a month. It's fairly annoying.

On top of that, I have YoutubeTV as my TV provider and also subscribe to ESPN+ for $5/month through the ESPN app on my Roku... but any SU game that is ACC Network/Raycom is balcked out in the ESPN app here in Albany.

They even blacked out the away @BC game. I think channel 4 (myTV4) is the local Raycom station in albany is getting the feed - but it's not in YoutubeTV and has blackout rights for the region - completely ridiculous. Not like living 2:15 minutes from syracuse should earmark you for a blackout.

I wind up having to use my laptop with VPN connecting from Texas, then load the game from the ESPN website in chrome browser to circumvent the blackout... and then cast it to my TV using my chromecast stick plugged into one of the HDMI ports on my TV...

Lot's hoops to jump through I don't like... but at least I have a method to circumvent this utter horsesheet...
Yup, pretty much the same thing I have to do up here in Saratoga Springs, although I don't have a way to cast to my Roku, so I just hook up an HDMI cable from my laptop to my TV

Yup, pretty much the same thing I have to do up here in Saratoga Springs, although I don't have a way to cast to my Roku, so I just hook up an HDMI cable from my laptop to my TV

Yeah - I am actually in b-spa...

Need a smart tv?
No...I have older "dumb" LED TVs and you can access YoutubeTV with a Roku, etc...

As others have said the ACC Extra games will have to be access through the ESPN app (used to be called Watch ESPN). If you have a google chromecast you can cast the game from your computer to TV too. A VPN might be necessary too in some cases to fight a blackout game...essentially you access the game through your computer and then cast it from the computer to your TV if you like. You would need a Google Chromecast to do that.

The best thing I like about YoutubeTV is I get local channels (in about 100 markets now) and I can log in from anywhere. I don't have cable TV at my lakehouse but I do get Internet and watch TV through YoutubeTV and local over the air antenna.

Last edited:
Id love to switch to that but it is missing channels "I have to have" discovery/History + HGTV for my wife...
Here is a definitive look at all the streaming options in the link below. It is written for the sports fan.

An Analysis of TV OTT Platforms

There are ways around not getting certain channels like Hulu.

How to Watch HGTV Without Cable - Frugal Rules

Another option is Sling. I think they have History, HGTV, etc... They have an Orange package, a blue package and a combined Orange and Blue package.

ICG

Last edited:
Here is a definitive look at all the streaming options in the link below. It is written for the sports fan.

Another option is Sling. I think they have History, HGTV, etc... They have an Orange package, a blue package and a combined Orange and Blue package.

ICG
Suppose TV is another good way to check streaming packages as you select the channels you want and it gives you all available options to compare what is in which package it even includes Cable and Satellite options...

Several of the games have not been working for me recently on Sling. I'm in Albany. Not sure what the deal is.

ICG

A good combo with Youtube TV is adding Philo for $16/mo.

Philo - Your favorite shows have a new home

My brother had to have HGTV for the wife as well and their $16 package includes HGTV, Discovery, History, etc. that YolutubeTV doesn't have...

Several of the games have not been working for me recently on Sling. I'm in Albany. Not sure what the deal is.

Anything that Raycom has rights to and is broadcasting on spectrum channel 4 (MyTV4 - the Albany Raycom station) is typically being blacked out here in capital district on the streaming services...

That's what's going on...

Anything that Raycom has rights to and is broadcasting on spectrum channel 4 (MyTV4 - the Albany Raycom station) is typically being blacked out here in capital district on the streaming services...

Thanks, my apartment is in a dead zone for signals, so I don't get many of the local over the air channels. I know that some of the games have been on locally over the air in the Syracuse area.

Why don't you just get an HD Antenna?

I have one, it's not very good, sadly... or it's positioned in a bad spot... or I'm too far from the right tower to get good reception... or whatever combination of all that leads to poor signal.

I have one as well; my apartment is just in a bad spot and almost nothing comes in. I do get to watch Jeopardy, however :)

Antennas Direct | TV Transmitter Locator and Mapping Tool

You might need to get a better antenna. Location in the house is very important. The higher the better and away from trees too.

Yeah I know... The antenna has 4-1/2 stars on amazon and it's mounted just below the ceiling near the front door. I haver the antenna set for long range as well and that does give me a few more stations, but I get nothing close to what that range locator site says I could get under zip 12020.

I didn't buy extension wires or try it in various spots... as the spaces I had to put it are pretty limited with the current wire length.

I get crappy cell signal in my house too from verizon... I think I'm in one of those spots... iron ore and magnetite in the bedrock beneath the house messing with air signals...

I have Directv Now and Google Fiber is my network provider. For WatchESPN, I authenticate through Google Fiber--not Directv Now. Carriers often have their own arrangements for WatchESPN content.

Question for anyone who knows, When the acc network starts up next year games being blacked out will no longer be an issue right? How will it work?

Question for anyone who knows, When the acc network starts up next year games being blacked out will no longer be an issue right? How will it work?
They should be on most streaming services. The only issue I see is will the ACC have alternate channels for when more than one game is on at the same time

Probably not... may be included with an ESPN+ streaming subscription... or sold as a separate ESPN streaming subscription.

If Raycom still has direct rights, can't see what all the buzz would be about...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom