ESPN: Why We Didn't Broadcast | Syracusefan.com

ESPN: Why We Didn't Broadcast

MaxwellCuse

All Conference
the Bernie Fine Story in 2003.

We saw the well written story in the Syracuse Post-Standard yesterday about why they came to the conclusion they could not ethically print the Bobby Davis story in 2003. But what about ESPN? They also investigated in 2003. They also chose not to go with the story. Have they produced a response to questions that have been asked of them? I frankly thought they would have done so by now, particularly with the P-S leading the way.

Now, I might have missed something since I never watch ESPN except when games are on. I did listen to 3 hours of ESPN radio when I drove my mother-in-law to the airport in CT this morning, however, and not a word was mentioned about Schwarz's big "scoop."

We saw the well written story in the Syracuse Post-Standard yesterday about why they came to the conclusion they could not ethically print the Bobby Davis story in 2003. But what about ESPN? They also investigated in 2003. They also chose not to go with the story. Have they produced a response to questions that have been asked of them? I frankly thought they would have done so by now, particularly with the P-S leading the way.

Now, I might have missed something since I never watch ESPN except when games are on. I did listen to 3 hours of ESPN radio when I drove my mother-in-law to the airport in CT this morning, however, and not a word was mentioned about Schwarz's big "scoop."

Exactly. They should be forced to answer that question.
I hoped someone would've mentioned it on Sports Reporters yesterday, but it didn't even come up.

In fairness, they did mention the 2003 invetigations on OTL (Ley was involved at that time)- the issue in 2003 was that they didn't have a second person coorborate the story. ESPN has a legal right to broadcast the story with a second person, but they have an ethical responsibility to report the full story, including the fact that a person changed their version of the events to get to this point. In short, ESPN is on firm legal ground, but their ethics are clearly shaky. This is why Whitlock equates ESPN with PSU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom