Espn's Early Acc Predictions | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Espn's Early Acc Predictions

Victory against Maryland and Notre Dame isn't enough. I want their pride.

When I'm an old man on my death bed, I will consider my life a disappointment if College Gameday was never once on the SU campus for a football game. If we started 5-0, there's a legitimate chance it could be that game.

If that happens, hopefully we will have a much showing than we've had playing College Gameday away games. It hasn't been pretty.

Talk of 5-0 just got me all fired up, I'm about to light up our company picnic this afternoon. Juices are flowing.

If that happens, hopefully we will have a much showing than we've had playing College Gameday away games. It hasn't been pretty.

Whoa now, are you saying that our combined Gameday score of 121-0 (VT 62-0, Miami 59-0) isn't respectable?

How incredible would it be to be 5-0 going into the FSU game at home? Ranked? Sellout? College Game Day? One can dream...

Probably the same as last years Md team that was 4-0 when they played FSU. Given that we will have beaten MD, ND and Ville and FSU is the defending nat champion, maybe there would be a bit more hype, but I am not sure it would be gameday worthy.

Notice that NC State, after going winless in conference last year, is predicted to go 6-6 like us. Why? OOC is an absolute joke. 4-0 right there. Sometimes I wish we would just do the same, we would probably be riding a 5 year bowl streak if we scheduled like NC State does! But, nice not being wimps like them(and RU!) :0

NC? They haven't done squat lately. Finished 7-6 same as us but he gives them the 2nd highest change of winning the conference? Credibility = lost.

Is there a reason you took a shot at UNC? Could it be that you haven't been paying attention if you don't see any reasons UNC might be hyped?

That said, I think we are a year away from being "favorites" in the coastal. So the expectations have me a little leery, as I know how some of our idiot fans will melt down if we aren't playing FSU for the title. Also, even though we got the "pick", everyone has the coastal as a big cluster of evenly matched teams. Just seems UNC is getting the benefit of the doubt, not a "they are that much better".

Is there a reason you took a shot at UNC? Could it be that you haven't been paying attention if you don't see any reasons UNC might be hyped?

That said, I think we are a year away from being "favorites" in the coastal. So the expectations have me a little leery, as I know how some of our idiot fans will melt down if we aren't playing FSU for the title. Also, even though we got the "pick", everyone has the coastal as a big cluster of evenly matched teams. Just seems UNC is getting the benefit of the doubt, not a "they are that much better".

To be fair, that wasn't much of a shot at you other than the credibility part. Despite the talent you guys have had throughout your roster the last 5ish seasons, there is not a lot to show for it. And last year did not look so great considering you didn't meet expectations as far as I'm concerned, especially with that ECU disaster. Will you guys improve this upcoming year? I sure hope so but it's not unreasonable to expect UNC to have another average year this year in the Atlantic.

anomander said:
Count me in the camp that thinks Pitt will be one of our toughest games this season. I have them pegged as 1 of our 4 losses. Tyler Boyd is going to be an absolute stud this year. He will probably be one of the 5 best WR's in the country. Plus they return both of their leading RB's, and Chad Voytik is a highly rated QB who they are really excited about. They always have strong OL and DL. Plus they get a break being in the Atlantic, or at least that's how I see it.

I'm not as high on them - but I do love Boyd. Kid is Fitzgerald-like.

Their OL last season got shredded by everyone. I think I read that they just lost a DL for the season.

We'll see I guess. I hope by the time we play them that they are hobbled and worn out.

I'd think losing Donald would have been the biggest loss because if that dude isn't on the field last year SU wins.