Duke 8-4; 1.8%
GT 6-6; 1%
Lou 7-5; 0.3%
UVA 4-8; 0.2%
Cuse 6-6; 0.1%
BC 5-7; 0%
NC St 6-6; 0%
WF 4-8; 0%

So Virginia has a better chance at winning an ACC title with a projected 4-8 record than we do with a projected 6-6. Makes total sense.

I'm just shocked our SoS is that low. ND, Clemson, FSU, Duke...I guess 47 SoS is about right?

So Virginia has a better chance at winning an ACC title with a projected 4-8 record than we do with a projected 6-6. Makes total sense.
I guess because they don't have to battle to get past both FSU and Clempson, just to get to the ACCT game.

I'm just shocked our SoS is that low. ND, Clemson, FSU, Duke...I guess 47 SoS is about right?

Phil Steele has our SoS at 21. Probably much more accurate, and PS is much more accurate when it comes to A LOT of football prognostications. 47 is laughable. Did anyone bother to do research here?

I don't get the love affair with Pitt. They've had an awful O-line for years now, breaking in a new QB, and Chryst seems to get a pass for being a so-so coach.

9 of the conference members combine for 5.3% of the odds of winning the ACC title.

I understand that Florida State will probably win the conference, but mathematically, this is absurd. Particularly since the next highest in their division, Clemson, is 5.1%.

After Clemson, Pitt is the next highest probability at 1.9%. This means that if the schedule goes chalk, then it comes down to an FSU vs. Clemson matchup for the division title and a berth in the ACC championship game. I can't account for the odds of the result in the ACC title game of FSU or Clemson versus their opponent in the other division, but the only team Clemson would in theory be an underdog to is UNC, and that's assuming that UNC's 10% odds are not inflated by being in the weaker division.

All that said, does FSU have a 14x better chance than Clemson? I don't think so.

I think offense is better this year and we pull off at least 8 wins. I like how the schedule sets up as far as home vs. away. Only two games I for sure see as almost unwinnable are FSU and at Clemson. Notre Dame just doesn't scare me, think it will be close, and we get the Ville at home. They don't do well in the dome. Also playing Maryland at home helps because they have their two AA type wideouts healthy. If we somehow don't get bowl eligible this year, it would be IMO a huge disappointment.

I don't get the love affair with Pitt. They've had an awful O-line for years now, breaking in a new QB, and Chryst seems to get a pass for being a so-so coach.

Count me in the camp that thinks Pitt will be one of our toughest games this season. I have them pegged as 1 of our 4 losses. Tyler Boyd is going to be an absolute stud this year. He will probably be one of the 5 best WR's in the country. Plus they return both of their leading RB's, and Chad Voytik is a highly rated QB who they are really excited about. They always have strong OL and DL.

Plus they get a break being in the Atlantic, or at least that's how I see it.

Pitt is worrisome based on all the skill talent they have. I think our D holds up though, and rattles their new QB with blitzes coming from all over the field. I'm also in the group that thinks we got single-handedly beat by Aaron Donald last year. He is a huge loss for their D. They have been recruiting very good lineman in recent years, so that unit could be greatly improved.

How incredible would it be to be 5-0 going into the FSU game at home? Ranked? Sellout? College Game Day? One can dream...

Not nearly as good as 14-0 going into the national title game against Alabama.

I wrote in another post and I can't remember the exact details but we have only beat Pitt 3 times since 2001 (played every year) and our last win at Pitt was also that game in 2001. In 2006 and 2012 we won at home. Not to say things haven't changed but they have had our number. Last years a perfect example, should have never lost that game.

weird that under the 5-0 scenario, being ranked would probably be the least likely #conspiracy
How incredible would it be to be 5-0 going into the FSU game at home? Ranked? Sellout? College Game Day? One can dream...

Pitt is worrisome based on all the skill talent they have. I think our D holds up though, and rattles their new QB with blitzes coming from all over the field. I'm also in the group that thinks we got single-handedly beat by Aaron Donald last year. He is a huge loss for their D. They have been recruiting very good lineman in recent years, so that unit could be greatly improved.

Maybe our kicker can hit some chipshot field goals this time.

When I'm an old man on my death bed, I will consider my life a disappointment if College Gameday was never once on the SU campus for a football game. If we started 5-0, there's a legitimate chance it could be that game.