et tu Jay | Syracusefan.com

et tu Jay

dasher

Hoops Inside Info Guru
Jay B just said that he would be surprised if Duke didn't beat us by double figures

Beware the zone of Boeheim

596f4147606da55242bcd21bc01c4f4d.jpg

60 points on us at theyre home. Time always tells and sometimes that is rewarding. Beware of cuse sneaky fast breaks here and they're against those bigs. Take our guards all day everyday over them.

It takes a superior ball player to carry a team. They're is not anybody even close to that from limited games I have seen. This will be a game all the way.

Jay B just said that he would be surprised if Duke didn't beat us by double figures

He's not wrong. Maybe.

You've gotta think JB is going to tweak things so Bagley doesn't get 15 dunks this time.
I think we take our chances with them hitting the foul line J, and protect the rim, and the 3pt line.

And as it was, we held them to 60, at home.
We make this another ugly rockfight in the 50's to low 60's, and you hafta like our chances.

Plus - we have 2 secret weapons they didn't experience last time:
Marek unleashing the Dole-J's from all over, without hesitation
Braeden Bayer

I think Duke is the best team left in the tourney and they are led by the best player in the tourney who plays a position tailor made to beat us... that's a tough combo to overcome.

As a radio guy said, MSU got all the rebounds but weren’t good enough to put many of them back in. The Duke guys getting those rebounds will two two lottery picks.

It might not be what we want to hear, but I mean, they've already done it. I don't think that's a crazy thing to expect given that the only two coaches that might know ur zone better than Coach K are Boeheim himself and Hop. Maybe Rob Murphy. But as someone else said, I wouldn't be shocked either if it's a tight game.

ooooo way to go out on a limb there Jay. The spread is double figures and they are already beat us by double figures.

I don't care if Duke had loads of tough games all season. They still have a young team, coming off two easy wins traveling now a long way from home vs a Cuse team that is Battle ready and hungry for more. UNC was a far worse matchup for us than Duke league wise. If we can get a full game from our two centers bad knees and all, we can make this game a war just like the others.

He’s just mad his tobaccy road buddies lost. Has to really hope Duke wins.

Not to worry. I've been Back to The Future . . . it's Cuse by 3, 62-59

And in a bizarre twist, Biff's Sports Almanac also notes Jay Bilas almost choked to death on a hot dog at the buzzer and was saved at the last moment when Braedon Bayer walked by and performed the Heimlich Maneuver

upload_2018-3-19_18-21-39.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom