etan thomas tweet | Syracusefan.com

etan thomas tweet

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
Rep. Michele Bachman actually said she is thankful that no Americans died in the Sikh shootings ? Wow http://t.co/8QLqx2cG

http://twitter.com/#!/etanthomas36/status/232666696656232449

He linked the onion, seriously... and then deleted it and acted as if nothing happened.

I want to like the guy so much, he does so much good - but What is his deal?

I am no michelle bachman fan btw. This just seemed crazy to me.

I couldn't get the ET link to work. But as far as Bachmann's racist/inane statments go, they're carefully crafted for her 'white christian nation' (xenophobe) demographic.

I couldn't get the ET link to work. But as far as Bachmann's racist/inane statments go, they're carefully crafted for her 'white christian nation' (xenophobe) demographic.

I think we have an example here of what happened to Etan. He saw something attributed to her that didn't sound all that far fetched and didn't check the source before tweeting it out.

And just maybe he has more of a life than us losers who peruse boards like this all day long and actually doesn't know that the Onion is a satire.

I think you need to re-read the OP. Bachman obviously did not make those statements.

link doesn't work because he deleted it. I copied and pasted the tweet and it automatically copies the link (much like SI articles).

I think we have an example here of what happened to Etan. He saw something attributed to her that didn't sound all that far fetched and didn't check the source before tweeting it out.

And just maybe he has more of a life than us losers who peruse boards like this all day long and actually doesn't know that the Onion is a satire.

I am no fan of Bachman, so I dont care what she thinks.

But the Onion has been around for 10-15 years that i know of. And he deleted it for a reason... you would expect some sort of apology or something. That was more my point.

I am no fan of Bachman, so I dont care what she thinks.

But the Onion has been around for 10-15 years that i know of. And he deleted it for a reason... you would expect some sort of apology or something. That was more my point.

Fair point to be sure. Clearly someone clued him in to the reality of the Onion and that's why he deleted.

It was pretty dumb of him to do that.

But I think the larger point is that not only did he think it was possible she could have said that, I'd bet that 90% of people on this board who pay attention to her had the initial reaction of 'yeah, she actually could have said that.'

It was pretty dumb of him to do that.

But I think the larger point is that not only did he think it was possible she could have said that, I'd bet that 90% of people on this board who pay attention to her had the initial reaction of 'yeah, she actually could have said that.'

which is probably true.

however, she didnt say it. and he just deleted like it was no big deal.

imagine if the tables were turned and some rightwinged quasi celeb tweeted something from the onion about jesse jackson talking about the trayvon martin case. ET would have a conniption.

I think you need to re-read the OP. Bachman obviously did not make those statements.

The onion is full of it, no doubt, but this appears to be a direct quote:

In response to the shooting death of six Sikh worshippers at a temple in Oak Creek, WI yesterday, Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) offered a public expression of her thankfulness that no Americans had been killed in the rampage. "It's a relief and a blessing that not a single American died in this event," Bachmann said of the incident that claimed the lives of six Americans who practice the Sikh faith.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/michele-bachmann-thankful-no-americans-died-in-sik,29071/?ref=auto (emphasis added).

In response to the shooting death of six Sikh worshippers at a temple in Oak Creek, WI yesterday, Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) offered a public expression of her thankfulness that no Americans had been killed in the rampage. "It's a relief and a blessing that not a single American died in this event," Bachmann said of the incident that claimed the lives of six Americans who practice the Sikh faith.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/michele-bachmann-thankful-no-americans-died-in-sik,29071/?ref=auto (emphasis added).
I can't tell if you're serious or not.

Either way, the only reason this has any traction is that it fits Bachmann's 'real american' schtick to a tee. It may be unfair to her, but that's the price for her rhetoric (in my book).

the onion adds 'quotes' to probably every article.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/just-illegalize-us-already-nations-assault-weapons,29081/

"Every day we have to live with the overwhelming guilt and sorrow of knowing we've been used to brutally and senselessly murder people," said an M16, who read from a prepared statement while flanked by more than a dozen fellow assault weapons. "How many more human beings do we have to kill before lawmakers finally prohibit private citizens from buying us? Enough is enough already."

My point is that he realized that it was fake at somepoint... and he just deleted it like it wasnt a big deal that he made that mistake.

the onion adds 'quotes' to probably every article.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/just-illegalize-us-already-nations-assault-weapons,29081/

"Every day we have to live with the overwhelming guilt and sorrow of knowing we've been used to brutally and senselessly murder people," said an M16, who read from a prepared statement while flanked by more than a dozen fellow assault weapons. "How many more human beings do we have to kill before lawmakers finally prohibit private citizens from buying us? Enough is enough already."

My point is that he realized that it was fake at somepoint... and he just deleted it like it wasnt a big deal that he made that mistake.

Good point ... I don't read the Onion but have heard the reputation (parody/spoof satire). And as you indicate, they throw around quotation marks like confetti (said the Glock 9 automatic).

I was wrong

as funny as the onion is, it's funniest when idiots link to it thinking that it's real, then it's pointed out that it's not real, but then someone says "surely the quote must be real - the onion used quotation marks!"

You missed the point Reed...Etan is as big a moron on the left as Bachman is on the right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom