even with under 5 to go | Syracusefan.com

even with under 5 to go

upperdeck

Living Legend
on the road against solid teams and lost.. nothing bad about that.. if we could sign up for that all year on the road games we should take it against every team in the ACC. we wont lose them all..

upperdeck said:
on the road against solid teams and lost.. nothing bad about that.. if we could sign up for that all year on the road games we should take it against every team in the ACC. we wont lose them all..
come on. That just ignores the fact that Miami had probably played its worst game all year...we are a shooting reliant team that cannot shoot. Should have been up big...

That just ignores the fact that Miami had probably played its worst game all year
And our defense had nothing to do with that, did it? Come on.

pearl31 said:
And our defense had nothing to do with that, did it? Come on.
it had something to do with it for 20 min or so. But Miami just shot a bunch of bricks and made some horrible turnovers. We pretty much couldn't stop them in the second half.

it had something to do with it for 20 min or so. But Miami just shot a bunch of bricks and made some horrible turnovers. We pretty much couldn't stop them in the second half.
And our best player played horrendously, and our second best player played marginally better than that, and our starting PF played like a scared girl most of the game...

orange79 said:
[QUOTE="AZOrange, post: 1611403, member: 278"But Miami just shot a bunch of bricks and made some horrible turnovers.
So did we. Works both ways.[/QUOTE] Miami played a bad game. We've been bad for about a month now.

You weren't talking about a month. You were talking about today's game.
I think we played poorly today. I think we've played poorly (for the most part) since the Bahamas. Our shooting was atrocious. Frankly the whole offense was just bad again. We turned it over. Had only 1 block. Had a few steals (but a few were just really bad Miami plays in the first half. The second half was plain gross. I'm not sure over the last month or so what we do well. We play decent defense at times, although we still have interior problems and close out problems. Our rebounding (aside from today) has been awful. Our shooting from 3 and FTs is inconsistent at best and bad at worst. We've been pretty good not turning it over (although today was bad). It's frustrating because we played well in the Bahamas, but at this point that's the anomaly. And if you watch the offense it just doesn't look right. We just don't have the personnel to run our stuff (which is really limited now anyway).

miami didnt play any better the 2nd half.. nothing but some layups and ft's. they played better on D. but still we miss so many around the basket for a team that needs to take advantage of the easy stuff and we just cant do it.

the last 2 min of the first half changed the game. we turned and easy 12-15 pt lead into a game miami thought they could win..

Chino, Roberson, Patterson, Johnson, Joseph.
All questionable recruitments...

And our best player played horrendously, and our second best player played marginally better than that, and our starting PF played like a scared girl most of the game...

and our freshman had the game of the century...and Miami was shooing 3's like Elvir Ovcina

and our freshman had the game of the century...and Miami was shooing 3's like Elvir Ovcina
That freshman could be a combination of Carmelo Anthony and Magic Johnson, but if he's the only guy to show up, you're not going to beat a top 15 team on the road very often.

AZOrange said:
I think we played poorly today. I think we've played poorly (for the most part) since the Bahamas. Our shooting was atrocious. Frankly the whole offense was just bad again. We turned it over. Had only 1 block. Had a few steals (but a few were just really bad Miami plays in the first half. The second half was plain gross. I'm not sure over the last month or so what we do well. We play decent defense at times, although we still have interior problems and close out problems. Our rebounding (aside from today) has been awful. Our shooting from 3 and FTs is inconsistent at best and bad at worst. We've been pretty good not turning it over (although today was bad). It's frustrating because we played well in the Bahamas, but at this point that's the anomaly. And if you watch the offense it just doesn't look right. We just don't have the personnel to run our stuff (which is really limited now anyway).

Who left all of those Doritos in the back seat of the Bentley?!

I hope JB rested up. This reclamation project will be like turning the Titanic.

And our power forward missed 7 bunnies and our center 2 in the 1st half and we still had an 8 point lead. You wanna go on?

Who left all of those Doritos in the back seat of the Bentley?!

I hope JB rested up. This reclamation project will be like turning the Titanic.
If anyone can do it, he can. If Howard isn't getting serious minutes going forward...well...then we've just given up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom