Every time we're 1 seed good | Syracusefan.com

Every time we're 1 seed good

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
The basketball gods won't let us be at full strength in March.

What. So sick of this.

oh yea, and who is going to get it? give me 4 more deserving teams.

I could see them throwing Duke ahead of us, maybe Kansas too. Heck maybe the media will convince the NCAA that Wichita State is worthy of a 1 seed. Then there's Florida. When it's all said and done I think they give us a 2 seed in the West.

LOL, UVa for one.

UF, UA, WSU, UVa, KU, and probably the winner of the Big 10 have better shots at 1 seeds than us right now. Unfortunate reality of the situation.

We only have three losses. win the next two, and get at least one win in the acct and we are in good shape

LOL, UVa for one.

UF, UA, WSU, UVa, KU, and probably the winner of the Big 10 have better shots at 1 seeds than us right now. Unfortunate reality of the situation.
Uva has no shot of getting one

We only have three losses. win the next two, and get at least one win in the acct and we are in good shape
I think we have to win out to be assured of a 1 seed. Make the ACC finals and we are likely a 1 seed. Lose to FSU and before the ACC finals and we are definitely not a 1 seed.

The basketball gods won't let us be at full strength in March.

What. So sick of this.
It's very disheartening. We've already had 2 championship level teams derailed at the start of the tourney. If Grant doesn't come back healthy, that will be 3 times in 5 years we've been screwed by missing players. And we've already lost DC this year so that's already a blow. Only reason I can post right now is cuz my gf is here. If she wasn't, this laptop would have already been shattered

LOL, UVa for one.

UF, UA and WSU are the only 3 you could seriously make an arguement for.

The committee has said about 90000000 times that they take the whole body of work, not how teams play at the end. Virginias whole body of work is significantly worse than ours. Kansas has 6 loses, we have 3.

Uva has no shot of getting one

I think they absolutely have a shot of getting the 4th 1 seed if they win out and get a little bit of help (e.g. Kansas/SU, etc. lose another game).

Cuse117 said:

This reminds me of a particular quote in this board from a few years ago:

"We're making the tournament. You are a bunch of Nancy's."

From a generally respected poster on this board.

44cuse

I think they absolutely have a shot of getting the 4th 1 seed if they win out and get a little bit of help (e.g. Kansas/SU, etc. lose another game).
No they don't.

This reminds me of a particular quote in this board from a few years ago:

"We're making the tournament. You are a bunch of Nancy's."

From a generally respected poster on this board.

44cuse

I literally have no idea what you are trying to say...

The committee has said about 90000000 times that they take the whole body of work, not how teams play at the end. Virginias whole body of work is significantly worse than ours. Kansas has 6 loses, we have 3.

every committee is different, but there have been some that seriously overvalued conference tourney results, like 2006 when SU went from likely out to a 5 seed based on 4 wins.

Name 4 teams better than UVa since January 1st? The "whole body of work" comes into play, but also how a team has played during the end of their season. UVa struggled in December but they've been one of the best teams in the country since New Year's. They just waxed us by 19. What more do you want out of them to prove that they are a good team???

No way to say we are or are not a 1 seed right now - way too much basketball to go - WSU loses one game and they're out - Ville losing today was huge - but we need to worry about ourselves - need to win the remaining 2 games and get to the ACCT finals - then we should be a 1 seed unless we were to lose to UVA in the finals and it would be a toss up

Reactions: MGP
Name 4 teams better than UVa since January 1st? The "whole body of work" comes into play, but also how a team has played during the end of their season. UVa struggled in December but they've been one of the best teams in the country since New Year's. They just waxed us by 19. What more do you want out of them to prove that they are a good team???

Did i say 1 time that they aren't better than us right now? The fact still remains thats that our early season work gives us the advantage over them. Are they better than us right now... probably. Do they have a better season long resume than us, no... and its not even close.

SU's hold on a #1 seed is exceptionally shaky right now. They absolutely can't futz around with GT or FSU.

SU's hold on a #1 seed is exceptionally shaky right now. They absolutely can't futz around with GT or FSU.
No way we get a #1 seed. We will get a two and if grant doesn't come back big risk of losing. We are not the same without him.

it would be just as disheartening if we made the title game last year and lost in a close one.

Really this is one of the great things about college basketball. A few teams can click like virginia did today shooting around 65% while others only shoot 35%, and blow the other team out come march. We did that to indiana last year.

Our jumpshooting has to get better. Plain and simple. I love grant and he would have helped on defense at full strength and gave us a few more inside baskets I think. But, with the way virginia was executing they were just hot at home.

Cooney knocks down 2-3 threes in the second half then it simmers out.
Gbinije and Ennis couldn't get a good three point look in the second half. Thats a issue with any teams chemistry, especially with grant not being able to attack from the high post to aid Fair when he does come back.

I love Ennis, but he could either really use a second year to learn to shoot 4-5 threes off the kickout pass against some good D. Ennis Gbinije and Cooney need to become a three headed outside shooting beast.

Their body of work in the non conference schedule is awful, plus they didn't play any of the top acc teams twice.

Their body of work in the non conference schedule is awful, plus they didn't play any of the top acc teams twice.
Sometimes it just comes down to how good a team is on the court, not just on paper, especially if that paper goes back to 2013. I don't see 4 teams better than UVa right now. We certainly are not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom