Everyone knew this was coming | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Everyone knew this was coming

The florida state players are freaks. I mean trying to bring down their WR was like being at the rodeo. These kids are so strong and so fast that it was kind of odd watching them. They just seemed to be playing a different game. I mean the qb is a child and he is breaking tackles from our guys like nothing. Monsters each and every one of them i say they win the National Championship easily
Their WRs could freaking block downfield too.

One quibble: fsu isn't the best team. Bama is, and it isn't close.

It's absurd. They will be, at minimum, in the national championship game. I confidently think they are the best team in the country.

I don't take a single thing from this game. I actually enjoyed watching the game. Why? Because I like good football players, and watching some of the athletes on FSU was incredible. It's too bad it happened against my Orange, but sometimes that happens.

I'll be rooting for FSU the rest of the way. I like Jimbo, and I like the ACC.

really? not even close?

you watching bama struggle with Miss St? I'd take FSU in a heart beat

this whole thread was a bunch of hand wringing about how nobody can understand how anyone would be upset with the result, yet i don't see a single post in the whole entire thread saying they were pi$$ed about the outcome? strange

If your expectations were even remotely aligned with reality, then you probably would be a lot less miserable poster.
Yours is the attitude I find miserable.

You can't go into a football game thinking you are going to lose. It may be tough but you have to believe.

Expectations aligned with reality as a fan are that you are going to win and especially play respectfully, we did neither. Doesn't mean after the fact we just say oh well, they are better and we never had a shot. Upsets happen all the time.

How our fans right now can just say "oh well" after a loss like that, I don't understand. It's not even that we lost, it's how we did right out of the gate.

Am I upset we lost, sure I always am, but I can live with a loss to a national title contender on the road when our needed wins are still ahead of us. Am I upset at how we played, absolutely, that was pathetic for most of the game. How others aren't I don't understand.

This, "bigger, stronger, more talented, better recruit, etc" garbage is an embarrassing cop out.

this whole thread was a bunch of hand wringing about how nobody can understand how anyone would be upset with the result, yet i don't see a single post in the whole entire thread saying they were pi$$ed about the outcome? strange
First off, bnoro's post is spot on but his thread title is a joke. Vegas had it 38 points. If "everyone knew THIS was coming" they would have bet the spread from 38 up to 50.

If you're just trying to say we knew a blowout was coming, I agree. But I really didn't think THIS was coming

And the one dude who said he he had it 78-0? Lol. I missed that post in writing

Last edited:

You can't go into a football game thinking you are going to lose. It may be tough but you have to believe.

Expectations aligned with reality as a fan are that you are going to win and especially play respectfully, we did neither. Doesn't mean after the fact we just say oh well, they are better and we never had a shot. Upsets happen all the time.

How our fans right now can just say "oh well" after a loss like that, I don't understand. It's not even that we lost, it's how we did right out of the gate.

Am I upset we lost, sure I always am, but I can live with a loss to a national title contender on the road when our needed wins are still ahead of us. Am I upset at how we played, absolutely, that was pathetic for most of the game. How others aren't I don't understand.

This, "bigger, stronger, more talented, better recruit, etc" garbage is an embarrassing cop out.

I'm typically optimistic. But honestly - it's not a cop out - they are bigger and faster. That's plain to anyone watching the game. And it's the reason we didn't play well - they were so superior that we couldn't play well. The effort was there.

On to the next two, where we will play well - because the talent is roughly the same.

Ah, no it's not. Not acknowledging the talent disparity between these teams, forget about the coaching, facilities, funding, etc...is just plain delusional.

When you are a 35 dog, you're probably going to lose.

I guess I don't understand why it bothers you so much. It's just to each his own apparently, but I would rather be realistic with expectations than anything else.

44cuse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just because "we knew it was coming" doesn't mean it is OK and we has fans should accept it.

I don't have any issue calling Bama the best until someone beats them. But the "isn't close" part is something I'll have to see to believe. And hopefully I'll get the chance to. This FSU team is loaded. They can run, they can pass, they can play D. Stars everywhere, seems very focused.

I hope our coaches and players have this attitude, though it is kind of unnecessary to expect fans to think the team can win every game especially against a team that is so much better than us in every aspect. I think you hold out some hope for a miracle but if you've watched FSU at all you would know that we had no chance and it would be ugly.

I get equally frustrated with the people who didn't think we had much of a chance against NCSU, WF and Maryland. And it seems those same people don't think we have much of a chance to beat Pitt and BC. Those people are far too negative, but those teams are not on the same planet as FSU.

Ah, no it's not. Not acknowledging the talent disparity between these teams, forget about the coaching, facilities, funding, etc...is just plain delusional.

When you are a 35 dog, you're probably going to lose.

Of course I acknowledge the talent discrepancy.

Wouldn't you agree that each one of the disparities you list existed between Colgate and Syracuse on the basketball court today?

I'm watching the first half now, Colgate playing tough and we know we are in a game. That's what I want to see on the field, not getting the doors blown off from the jump, where is the unreasonable expectation there?

Wouldn't you agree that each one of the disparities you list existed between Colgate and Syracuse on the basketball court today?

I'm watching the first half now, Colgate playing tough and we know we are in a game. That's what I want to see on the field, not getting the doors blown off from the jump, where is the unreasonable expectation there?

You're comparing two different sports for one. A team can kill the clock in hoops. And for that matter it's never been JB's m-o to go out and kick the crap outta teams by a huge number in these games.

People are overreacting because some are just born drama queens...
I'm not well versed on how things work for the royals, but I believe they're actually born drama princesses, and then later ascend to become drama queens.

But that's not what you said. You said: "Expectations aligned with reality as a fan are that you are going to win..."

I had no expectation we were going to win this game and anyone who came into it thinking we would is delusional. I totally disagree with the assertion that you have to go into the game thinking you are going to win.

44cuse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not well versed on how things work for the royals, but I believe they're actually born drama princesses, and then later ascend to become drama queens.
I stand corrected. :)

The sheer fact that you expect a 5-4 team that's been blown out twice already to win every game they play, regardless of opponent, tells me all I need to know about you.

There's a big difference to be pleasantly surprised when a 5-4 unranked team that's a 35 point dog on the road beats the #2 team in the country and to expect that to happen. You have wildly unrealistic expectations.

You and your band of miserable men can return to being miserable and I'll focus on the next two games where we have a realistic chance of actually winning and becoming bowl eligible.

I'm typically optimistic. But honestly - it's not a cop out - they are bigger and faster. That's plain to anyone watching the game. And it's the reason we didn't play well - they were so superior that we couldn't play well. The effort was there.

On to the next two, where we will play well - because the talent is roughly the same.

They're friggen 3rd string converted from safety RB was running through our D like we had 5 guys on the field. That guy was ridiculous, and he's the third stringer! Again, it's all expectations - seeing talent and depth like that and just discarding it as a cop out again shows how wildly unrealistic some of these expectations are.

They're friggen 3rd string converted from safety RB was running through our D like we had 5 guys on the field. That guy was ridiculous, and he's the third stringer! Again, it's all expectations - seeing talent and depth like that and just discarding it as a cop out again shows how wildly unrealistic some of these expectations are.

Exactly. And this idea that we should be ticked off at that loss cracks me up. Waste of time and energy.

I hope we are learning from the game, getting young guys time, and putting effort into recruiting. Miami owned us for a while in a similar manner - and McNabbs last game happened.

SU was an express and FSU was the starship enterprise. In honer of JFK we will have a team on the moon (BCS) by 2016!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom