Everyone knew this was coming | Syracusefan.com

Everyone knew this was coming

bnoro

Lurker
I don't understand how people are overreacting to this. FSU is the best team in the country. No team held them under 40 points this year. Our offense was never going to move the ball, and our defense was never going to stop them. They will win the national championship. No idea why people are getting angry.

We never had a chance in this game.

I don't understand how people are overreacting to this. FSU is the best team in the country. No team held them under 40 points this year. Our offense was never going to move the ball, and our defense was never going to stop them. They will win the national championship. No idea why people are getting angry.

I tried to say this as well. It is what is is. That was the best football team we have played in 15 years. Maybe more

Well I'm not upset and the score doesn't surprise me much, but FSt not having a 3rd down until halfway thru the 2nd qtr was pretty bad. And the first 10 passes to guys who were wide open was disappointing. Seemed like it was man against boy at every position. SU's non-tackling made all of them seem like Superman. Just thought they would have to work a little harder for it.

It's the cumulative effect. I'm not upset about the FSU outcome but combine that with the fact every single team we've played this year that is more talented than us hasn't just beat us, they've taken our souls.

We're not a bad team, we should go bowling and our defense is lights out against teams not in or around the top 25. Yet we have 4 bloodbaths against more talented teams. Teams that teams we've beaten have managed not to get eviscerated Every. Single. Time.

I tried to say this as well. It is what is is. That was the best football team we have played in 15 years. Maybe more
This team is scary good. I think Bama is toast..that is if they can get by Auburn.

You are right. I predicted we'd lose by 60. But actually seeing it was kind of jarring.

You are right. I predicted we'd lose by 60. But actually seeing it was kind of jarring.
I agree. It was hard to watch for sure. But it made it easier being realistic before hand. This team killed everyone, and seeing them play 3 or 4 times this year I didn't think there was a chance in hell we stopped them.

I agree. It was hard to watch for sure. But it made it easier being realistic before hand. This team killed everyone, and seeing them play 3 or 4 times this year I didn't think there was a chance in hell we stopped them.

First game I probably ever stopped watching in the 1st quarter. It might have gotten out of hand a little quicker than I expected, but the end result was what I expected. As someone who loves this program as much as I do, it was just too hard to watch. I think right after the Whigham injury, I could take no more. I peeked in here and there, but was watching other games.

I knew we wouldn't do anything on offense, and I knew eventually Fl St would put up 40+, but I guess I thought we'd make them work for it a little more. Oh well...need one of the next two. Also BC is going to be a very tough game - they have 4 losses - at USC, Fl St 48-34, at Clemson 24-14, and at UNC when they laid an egg. They aren't unbeatable by any means but their running game is the real deal

First game I probably ever stopped watching in the 1st quarter. It might have gotten out of hand a little quicker than I expected, but the end result was what I expected. As someone who loves this program as much as I do, it was just too hard to watch. I think right after the Whigham injury, I could take no more. I peeked in here and there, but was watching other games.

And that was exactly how their game against Clemson went.

I'm worried about Whigham and that's all. Not even losing him as a player I just hope the guy is alright. Everything else that happened was just a game.
You wonder if he should play again (assuming he is ok which is obviously the most important thing).

I knew we wouldn't do anything on offense, and I knew eventually Fl St would put up 40+, but I guess I thought we'd make them work for it a little more. Oh well...need one of the next two. Also BC is going to be a very tough game - they have 4 losses - at USC, Fl St 48-34, at Clemson 24-14, and at UNC when they laid an egg. They aren't unbeatable by any means but their running game is the real deal

BC is a totally different team on the road. I believe they got their 1st road win in 2 years last week despite giving up 34 to a 1-8 New Mexico St. I think BC will be the best chance to win

This was a top 5 SU basketball team playing St.Johns in the dome on Senior day. A once proud and improving team gets streamrolled by a talented, disciplined, deep team on a roll with NC title hopes.

The florida state players are freaks. I mean trying to bring down their WR was like being at the rodeo. These kids are so strong and so fast that it was kind of odd watching them. They just seemed to be playing a different game. I mean the qb is a child and he is breaking tackles from our guys like nothing. Monsters each and every one of them i say they win the National Championship easily

BC is a totally different team on the road. I believe they got their 1st road win in 2 years last week despite giving up 34 to a 1-8 New Mexico St. I think BC will be the best chance to win
Yeah they have sucked on the road, but in fairness their road games were USC, Clemson (led in 4th quarter), UNC, and NM St (which they won). And overall they are playing much better.

[quote="BostonOrange, post: 807998, member]You wonder if he should play again (assuming he is ok which is obviously the most important thing).[/quote]

Waiting to hear what exactly happened. I couldnt tell much from the replay and wondered if he started spitting up blood or something.

[quote="BostonOrange, post: 807998, member]You wonder if he should play again (assuming he is ok which is obviously the most important thing).

Waiting to hear what exactly happened. I couldnt tell much from the replay and wondered if he started spitting up blood or something.[/quote]

I'm just guessing which probably isn't a good idea, but it seems like he's had a lot of physical issues that aren't to be taken lightly.

It has to be related to that. I was thinking he might have been spitting blood but reports were that Wilkes was looking right at his stomach. Added to the fact that abc deemed it too bad to show I wonder if his scar didn't tear open from the hit.

This game was the worst part of college ball. SU never, ever, ever, ever, ever had a chance. And it kinda sucks since we're in the same division as these guys. But this is what college ball is, every year a handful of teams operate on a crazy elite level, and then there's everyone else.

How anyone could be remotely upset is beyond me. Don't even compare it to college hoops, it's not the same game. College football is the most competitively imbalanced major sport in America.

Yup.

The only thing that upsets me is the condition of Julian.

I hope and pray he makes a full recovery.

Actually, I'm pleasantly surprised (sort of) by this outcome. I had Florida St winning 78-0. Better result. My greatest concern was injuries in this game, and that concern turned out to be well founded. I do half seriously consider if we should have just forfeited this game and not taken the hits. Was thinking this before the game, right after the MD game. Still thinking it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom