Everyone needs to take a second... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Everyone needs to take a second...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can’t help ourselves. Always slow sloppy early season games for us and Big Bang finish in tourney.

UConn beats any team shooting like that.
Once upon a time it was a given that we’d roll through November and December with 0 or 1 loss. Igor used to call JB “Mr November” for crying out loud.

And btw, any team can “shoot like that” when they start making a few and get their swagger. Today’s kids wanna be the next curry. They can make the NBA 3s if the zone isn’t instructed to extend and run them off their spots. It’s a victim mentality to say the other team shot a birthd and there was nothing we can do.

Morning after - Hurley is a good coach and UConn is much better than projected. They rebounded, distributed, shot and defended well.

The good news for SU - Carey and Hughes showed they can play. For much of the game, those two were our best guys. When Frank is back, we will be ok - as expected. We have some flaws, but we knew that. Win today, get better.

I just found cheesesteak on the bathroom floor. 4:30 tip tonight JackBauer44 and I figure we gotta be at the Blarney by 11. It’s november folks, the only W that matters is tomorrow

That's fine. The bet still stands for you or anyone else.

I’ll PM you. Should be interesting to see. 20 is a fair O/U. Could see anywhere from 18-22 range. We are what we are. A historically bad and worst offense in the P5 last year. Need a lot of work to make the offense respectable. This team doesn’t have lottery picks or a bunch of great players and the offensive scheme sucks. No inside game. Ohio State won @ Creighton and @ Cincinnati already and dropped 107 on somebody else. We play like we did last night (which isn’t even that big of an outlier-at least offensively-it’s how we roll) against better teams than UConn and you would have a very ugly result.

I’ll PM you. Should be interesting to see. 20 is a fair O/U. Could see anywhere from 18-22 range. We are what we are. A historically bad and worst offense in the P5 last year. Need a lot of work to make the offense respectable. This team doesn’t have lottery picks or a bunch of great players and the offensive scheme sucks. No inside game. Ohio State won @ Creighton and @ Cincinnati already and dropped 107 on somebody else. We play like we did last night (which isn’t even that big of an outlier-at least offensively-it’s how we roll) against better teams than UConn and you would have a very ugly result.

I expect to see your wager then.

Don't worry. He stopped posting on the football board as soon as we went on a 4 game winning streak.
You must be a hoot at the polls in November. I can hear you cussing out everyone who only shows up to vote when there is political turmoil.

You must be a hoot at the polls in November. I can hear you cussing out everyone who only shows up to vote when there is political turmoil.

This has zero to do with SU sports. The trolls belong on Syracuse.com.

With the UCONN loss fresh, I was thinking doom and gloom like many others here.

But, with a little time to ruminate, I begin to think differently.

1. Yes, Frank will make a huge difference, not just because he's good in his own right. He is, but he's also going to help TB, OB, EH, JC, and MD be better, too.

2. Carey gained some invaluable experience, and showed flashes of what he can become. And, I think he can do more THIS YEAR, than we previously thought.

3. UCONN played their collective hearts out. They obviously wanted it more than our guys did, and I think that may well bring about some much needed soul searching, especially for OB and TB.

4. I think from a coaching standpoint, last night helped focus the staff on some very correctable deficiencies, particularly on offense. Getting Marek back into some kind of sync and correcting Chukwu and Sidibe are two. JB is very much aware of what's not working, and he has the experience and (other than needing Frank back, about which he can do nothing) knowledge to fix it.

5. He also knows, as we all should, that this team is not what it's going to be. Outside of a handful of teams, like Duke, few teams are at this point in a very long season.

I'm still bullish on the 2018-19 campaign.

With the UCONN loss fresh, I was thinking doom and gloom like many others here.

But, with a little time to ruminate, I begin to think differently.

1. Yes, Frank will make a huge difference, not just because he's good in his own right. He is, but he's also going to help TB, OB, EH, JC, and MD be better, too.

2. Carey gained some invaluable experience, and showed flashes of what he can become. And, I think he can do more THIS YEAR, than we previously thought.

3. UCONN played their collective hearts out. They obviously wanted it more than our guys did, and I think that may well bring about some much needed soul searching, especially for OB and TB.

4. I think from a coaching standpoint, last night helped focus the staff on some very correctable deficiencies, particularly on offense. Getting Marek back into some kind of sync and correcting Chukwu and Sidibe are two. JB is very much aware of what's not working, and he has the experience and (other than needing Frank back, about which he can do nothing) knowledge to fix it.

5. He also knows, as we all should, that this team is not what it's going to be. Outside of a handful of teams, like Duke, few teams are at this point in a very long season.

I'm still bullish on the 2018-19 campaign.

Some good stuff here. I don’t really buy UConn played “their collective hearts out.” They just played. Played harder early on. They did commit 20 turnovers and many were unforced. They had more energy, seemed like they had more fans on TV, while JB and the players looked confused and in a malaise all game.

Our bigs look like fawns who are taking their first steps. No fluidity to their motion which causes them to take very bad layup attempts. Stinks to watch but it is what it is. At the end of the day we cannot have OB shooting 3-15 from the floor and we cannot have our starting PG, whoever that may be, committing 6 turnovers a game. Year is still early, and the team may look raw in a few places, but there is lots of potential on this team. We will be ok :cool:

Frank isn't Pearl. But you don't think there is a huge difference between a 5th year senior PG and a true freshman scoring guard? Jalen got buckets, but probably to the detriment of the rest of the offense. Thank god he did, but this game swings 20 points in the other direction with Frank on the court.

I dont disagree on the world of difference there.

I still think it’s ridiculous that for a team that has been practicing weeks with the reality of the situation, we had two future NBA players be ineffective in a half court set. One-pass or no pass possessions and a series of rushed, ill-advised shots all game.

Insane to me.

You know what? Im sick of hearing that. I'm sick of being out hustled and outplayed. Its on JB and its BS. year after year same crap
We get outhustled and outplayed by ASU, TCU, MSU & Duke?
We get outhustled and outplayed by Dayton, MTSU, Gonzaga & Virginia?

Just checking with the expert cuz you obviously know your when it comes to the state of our hoops program...

I’d be able to handle these “welp, opponent just shot well” excuses a lot easier if we attempted to throw m2m at the opponent for like 3-4 possessions to change their rhythm.

We really have to start giving out awards for this stuff...

We had our first "Boeheim must go" post last night.
Now, we have our first "Need to throw in some MTM" post...

Now waiting on the obligatory JB not using his bench post...although that may be tricky because if Buddy is one of the guys off the bench, we'll then get the nepotism posts - have to think that nepotism is a new category that will be around for the next four years...

and, of course, there is the always-popular "Why no _____"...think we already had one of those also...

and the "This game is must-win" thread even though it is before Thanksgiving...

And we have also already had our "Boeheim press conference" thread...

It also appears that we have transitioned nicely from we're going to Minneapolis for sure to I'm sick of us always being a bubble team...

Next in line will undoubtedly be the ubrupt switch from 'Frank will be our savior...really need him back" to "Franks sucks" after his first bad game...

Once upon a time it was a given that we’d roll through November and December with 0 or 1 loss. Igor used to call JB “Mr November” for crying out loud.

And btw, any team can “shoot like that” when they start making a few and get their swagger. Today’s kids wanna be the next curry. They can make the NBA 3s if the zone isn’t instructed to extend and run them off their spots. It’s a victim mentality to say the other team shot a birthd and there was nothing we can do.

And we got two players who can't shoot who have a foot out the door and are just here to 'prep for the NBA'.

I don't care that Battle is struggling he'll play through it but I was furious with him when he celebrated an and 1 that cut the lead to like 7. You can't celebrate when you are down 3 possessions late like that.

We get outhustled and outplayed by ASU, TCU, MSU & Duke?
We get outhustled and outplayed by Dayton, MTSU, Gonzaga & Virginia?

Just checking with the expert cuz you obviously know your when it comes to the state of our hoops program...
I can throw out every loss if you'd like instead of wins like you . take it down a notch bruh

We lost you Rutgers the year we won the National Title and we lost to a terrible Villanova team when we went to the FF in 2013. This board is overreacting like usual.
Didn't we get destroyed by Georgetown that year also? Or am I thinking of a different season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom