Everyone should read the Daily orange article on SS | Syracusefan.com

Everyone should read the Daily orange article on SS

kcsu

Living Legend
After you read this article ask yourself if you think Doc made a solid choice in HCSS

“He’s a guru on defense,” Brown said. “If (he) turns into head coach we’re going to be a defensive-minded team. It’s going to be perfect.”

After you read this article ask yourself if you think Doc made a solid choice in HCSS
just went to the DO and read a bunch of complimentary articles on him. which one?

"Shafer said he would like to be a head coach someday, but in his mind there’s no rush. He’s got a good thing going at SU. It was the first time in years he has a defense with many of his own recruits."
From the article.
It's great to see how far Shafter has come, settling down and enjoying his time here.

ok read it, and yes, TGD has made a VERY solid choice.

Very grateful that this happened.

Maybe the move inspires Shu mungwa to lace up the cleats againnn

No coach is perfect and we will always have our WTH moments with Shafer just like any coach that has ever coached the game. I'm excited to get this thing going and I believe Dr. Gross made the correct call.

Very good article...thank you for to the OP for referencing it and to whomever for posting the link...nice teamwork!

Anyways, after reading that article I believe Syracuse and TGD made the right choice. I would imagine that HCSS should be to keep most if not all of this recruiting class together. Also, it seems as if Hackett is gonna stay as well. Hopefully HCSS will give Hackett the reigns to the offense and he will keep the defensive side. Should this happen, I think the only thing Syracuse loses is Dougie, continuity stays.

A big thanks to DM for put SU back on track, here's to hoping that HCSS and Hackett continue and push the Orange to TOP 25, 10 status in the future!!

I was "Meh" about promoting Shafer w/o interviewing any outsiders, but after reading that, I'm in the all in camp. Kindaexcited to see what he does differently compared to HCDM.

Does anyone think C.Loeb gets put on the back burner and one of the pups gets thrown into the fire next season?

As much as I enjoyed this seasons offense, your team is always in a game if they have a strong defense. It was the defense and the defense alone that allowed us to be successful 2 years ago. Moving to the ACC I would rather have a great defense.

I was "Meh" about promoting Shafer w/o interviewing any outsiders, but after reading that, I'm in the all in camp. Kindaexcited to see what he does differently compared to HCDM.

Does anyone think C.Loeb gets put on the back burner and one of the pups gets thrown into the fire next season?

I'd assume Leob knows the playbook quite well and since we are not changing OC's (From what I've read) he still has the advantage. Add to this the running game should be solid and it would give the young pups (including Hunt) more time to learn. Unless, the young guys and again including Hunt (who I hope doesn't leave) are head and shoulders above Leob. I see Leob as being solid and I think we'll be in good hands qb wise for a while. If I'm a first year coach I might play it safe with a senior qb but again that's not having the whole group strutting their stuff and evaluating vs college players.

I'd assume Leob knows the playbook quite well and since we are not changing OC's (From what I've read) he still has the advantage. Add to this the running game should be solid and it would give the young pups (including Hunt) more time to learn. Unless, the young guys and again including Hunt (who I hope doesn't leave) are head and shoulders above Leob. I see Leob as being solid and I think we'll be in good hands qb wise for a while. If I'm a first year coach I might play it safe with a senior qb but again that's not having the whole group strutting their stuff and evaluating vs college players.

Hunt has been in the system for a few years too though. I'm just sad we have to wait until April for more football

Hunt has been in the system for a few years too though. I'm just sad we have to wait until April for more football

True but the more reps the better and he's up to #2 right now. It's only 3 months away and we have the fun of signing day in February to look forward too!

Based on the read,I hope he turns me into a Cuse Football Fan !!!

Uh... so what are you now? Potential fan? Potential troll? C'mon--don't be bashful!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom