Everything was absolutely great but... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Everything was absolutely great but...

I don't buy them but I do look at them. Uniforms are part of the pageantry and the spectacle of football. They do matter to the fans - and it's the fans who foot the bill for the programs when all is said and done.

Better turn off that TV set I guess. I'll let you know in January who we beat in the college football playoff.

GIVE ME A BREAK.

my fault for opening this stupid thing.

why are people offended by the uniform threads? That's my bigger question. It's certainly subjective what people consider to be snazzy but it's a legit outreach to the fans how the team looks. It is a huge factor that the fans find the uniforms and the branding to be approved by the fan base. Not sure why that would be offensive to some.

My subjective opinion is the uniforms look "try hardish". The traditional stuff we had in the 90s (no S on the helmet, a color scheme that screamed "Syracuse" to me, etc) worked for me and i was 18 at the time.

This is a message board. It's a suitable topic for a message board.

Joan Rivers would be so proud of this thread.

267c5ca0-1160-0132-082b-0eae5eefacd9.jpeg

Better turn off that TV set I guess. I'll let you know in January who we beat in the college football playoff.
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

why are people offended by the uniform threads? That's my bigger question. It's certainly subjective what people consider to be snazzy but it's a legit outreach to the fans how the team looks. It is a huge factor that the fans find the uniforms and the branding to be approved by the fan base. Not sure why that would be offensive to some.

My subjective opinion is the uniforms look "try hardish". The traditional stuff we had in the 90s (no S on the helmet, a color scheme that screamed "Syracuse" to me, etc) worked for me and i was 18 at the time.

This is a message board. It's a suitable topic for a message board.

dead_horse.jpg

Thats why

The uniforms are part of the appeal of the game. There are there because somebody decided they looked good. It's OK for fans to have opinions on that subject.

I like the notion that when players go to a school, they are becoming part of something that has a history to it they would like to be part of and uniforms can symbolize that. Teams that constantly change their look leave the impression of searching for an identity.
Yes. And I also like the fact that alot of traditional powers don't see a need to constantly change unis.
Bama, OSU, Michigan, PSU, USC, Okla, Texas, FSU, have all maintained relatively the same "look" and color scheme over decades, and they don't seem to be doing too badly.
The Oregon's and Maryland's of the world seem to be trying too hard, IMO. Of course the money is there to be made from the sponsors, and you can't begrudge them for wanting some of that. But, something needs to be said for keeping the traditional look and kicking butt at the same time- "old-fashioned" unis or not.

At this point, I don't really care anymore about what colors they use. Nike is horrific and they aren't going to change.

Just give me uniforms with readable numbers. That should be something even Nike can handle.

At this point, I don't really care anymore about what colors they use. Nike is horrific and they aren't going to change.

Just give me uniforms with readable numbers. That should be something even Nike can handle.

I've pointed out before that there is a certain sameness to the Nike uniforms, especially the white one, such that the uniforms seem to be branding Nike more than the schools wearing them.
white Nike football uniforms - Google Search

dead_horse.jpg

Thats why

There are many subjects we have multiple or annual threads on. And our uniforms have changed like a hologram the last few years so opinions on our latest duds are obviously going to be posted.

The lamest thing in these threads are the assertions that "I don't care what uniforms we wear and that proves I'm a real fan of the sport." No it doesn't. And why post in threads on subjects you profess not to care about?

The lamest thing in these threads are the assertions that "I don't care what uniforms we wear and that proves I'm a real fan of the sport." No it doesn't. And why post in threads on subjects you profess not to care about?
It's not about fandom and being a better fan. It's about accepting reality.

The lame thing about these threads is that people are pining for the "Good Ole Days"- when the uniforms were bland and fullbacks led the way and players trained using Schwartzwalder's paratrooper school experiences.

I've pointed out before that there is a certain sameness to the Nike uniforms, especially the white one, such that the uniforms seem to be branding Nike more than the schools wearing them.
white Nike football uniforms - Google Search
Every single apparel provider has similar uniforms. They are all branding themselves and you can tell pretty quickly who supplies who. This is 2016, everything is about branding.

It's not about fandom and being a better fan. It's about accepting reality.

The lame thing about these threads is that people are pining for the "Good Ole Days"- when the uniforms were bland and fullbacks led the way and players trained using Schwartzwalder's paratrooper school experiences.

If people "accepted reality", things would never change. Changes can be evaluated on their own merits. Some of them will not have merit. It's OK to say so.

Every single apparel provider has similar uniforms. They are all branding themselves and you can tell pretty quickly who supplies who. This is 2016, everything is about branding.

My point is that these unis brand the manufacturer more than the school.

This is Oregon State:
orst-08-12-orangeblack-johnalbright-vert-620x886.jpg

Look familiar?

During Ben's tenure the classic SU orange pants / blue jersey / orange helmet uniform evolved.
Frank Maloney messed with it.
Coach Mac
restored it and it remained classic under Coach P.
GRob messed with it.
Doug restored it.
Shaf stood by as Nike messed with it.
It's time for Dino or Wildhack to restore it.

So, coaches with losing records messed with the look, while successful coaches ran with the classic orange and blue.
Let's return to greatness!

Those uniforms were awful.

I love aggressive uni's - Oregon/Maryland etc. Ours are neither traditional or aggressive. They're some gross in-between.

Uniforms are butt ugly. It appears they were designed by 8th graders

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom