Excited For Next 2 Years | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Excited For Next 2 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I choose Will over Skill if given only one of the two options. Love to have both at all times...but I love the flat out gamers

I watched our comical attempts to break WVU’s press that were easily solved by one substitution.

He’s a good player with limitations. At this point I’m concerned at the team’s passing ability and our ability to handle the ball against pressure for next year. I don’t think we’ve adequately replaced Kadary and Marek in that regard, and I’m frightened at how we’ll do against teams that have the athletes to get after it.

almost every year we lose a player or players and say to ourselves, how are we ever going to replace him (them).

almost every year we lose a player or players and say to ourselves, how are we ever going to replace him (them).
True. And all the same, it’s been a really long time since we had a “complete” team.

Felt like we were getting closer last year.

Right now I feel like we’re going back the other way a bit.

Hope we can reel in and keep a strong 2022 class.

True, but in the past, we have always had a bunch of talent coming in. We still have that happening, but not the same volume that we're used to which is what is most concerning.

As of right now we’ve added an average Ivy League player, and two guys who couldn’t get off the bench at Big East schools while loosing 3 starters and our two best guys off the bench.

Are you guys high?

As of right now we’ve added an average Ivy League player, and two guys who couldn’t get off the bench at Big East schools while loosing 3 starters and our two best guys off the bench.

Are you guys high?
I see a depth guard piece with the physicality to near Kadary’s defensive presence in the zone. The potential’s absolutely there. He doesn’t need to replace Kadary on O. He’s a depth piece

A stretch sharpshooter who gives us another player to pull defenders to the perimeter and space the opposing defense. You didn’t have to guard Marek 60% of the time, you’ll have to guard Cole. He just didn’t fit well in Nova’s system considering the athleticism they rely on. How big of a liability he’ll be in the zone is to be seen.

I haven’t see enough of Jimmy to comment.

I see a depth guard piece with the physicality to near Kadary’s defensive presence in the zone. The potential’s absolutely there. He doesn’t need to replace Kadary on O. He’s a depth piece

A stretch sharpshooter who gives us another player to pull defenders to the perimeter and space the opposing defense. You didn’t have to guard Marek 60% of the time, you’ll have to guard Cole. He just didn’t fit well in Nova’s system considering the athleticism they rely on. How big of a liability he’ll be in the zone is to be seen.

I haven’t see enough of Jimmy to comment.
How much is the zone dependent of athleticism and knowledge? We lose both.

He needs to take pull up jumpers from 12 feetish before he looks to shoot from 3. He should be able to make those at a high rate and that will pull the 5 out. He can also pump fake on those shots too and go to the foul line for points. That would back his defender off and give him better looks at 3.
he really to improve on what he does inside the arc...if he doesnt have it, he needs to not shoot. I think he just does the "right play" AKA shoot a layup even when he has zero chance of getting it past the defender...the PG needs to be able to do that, but just capitualting into a block shot is worse than not shooting in that situation.

much of his improvement has to do with not doing things instead of doing more.

I would not be surprised to see us turn into a well-spaced juggernaut. Jimmy is versatile in the mid-post both directions, Benny is predicted to create his own shots, Cole's release looks like a machine even with pressure jumping at him. Also, like his frame for bumping like Jimmy's. Look forward to Jessie getting stronger, faster, and fluent. Joe will probably gain speed to stop time around him a bit, needs to keep working on going left though. Symir feels more like a crawl walk run with potential than someone who has to work extra hard to be serviceable.
tightening passing lanes will come, but staying in front of our man worries me a bit.

Last edited:

Are you guys high?
And guys who have never played high level zone. Even Jimmy.

Good point. As far as the upcoming season is concerned, SU will have multiple players with multiple years of years of college experience. If these veteran guys buy in, reasons to be optimistic
I just don't find myself getting excited anymore. I'll take a wait and see approach.

Sorry jg as your guard doesn’t cut it. It’s his height, ball handling and athleticism. he can’t get by his defender To open up the court. Did you see the guard for UCLA or any of the top teams. They are the spark for their team. Jg doesn’t cut it as an aP5 guard

I love your enthusiasm. I guess I'm still a bit sour on "big brain's" rotations this year and letting Kadary leave. I'm just not so bullish on the next two years but will still be rooting like a crazy man during every game like always.

I see a fun team to watch. But like this season up until the tournament I feel ilke other teams are going to have a way of playing well against us every single night.

We'll see maybe they can have our first respectable regular season since 2014. Don't think we've been ranked during ACC play for more than a couple weeks total during the 7 seasons.

I see a fun team to watch. But like this season up until the tournament I feel ilke other teams are going to have a way of playing well against us every single night.

We'll see maybe they can have our first respectable regular season since 2014. Don't think we've been ranked during ACC play for more than a couple weeks total during the 7 seasons.
Syracuse starting 5
Pg- jg
Sg- buddy
Sf- Benny
Pf- cole
C- Edward's
6th Torrance
7th ?
8th ?

Cool, a poster makes a post expressing HIS feelings of optimism and others manage to weigh in with their negativism and bashing of one of our players.

When has this happened when the player has left for a lesser program vs the NBA or graduation?

Cool, a poster makes a post expressing HIS feelings of optimism and others manage to weigh in with their negativism and bashing of one of our players.
Bees, I've been on this board since the late 90s and recently this group of anti's is positively prodigious (some of them with tens of thousands of posts). If they hate the program so much they should go root for Rutgers.
It's okay to dislike Boeheim, Boeheim's kids, every point guard we've ever had since Sherman Douglas; but do they need to say it over and over and over again. The pounding that Girard is taking is weird coming from grown adults.

What are your expectations for the program was the question.

You don’t expect a Final Four was the answer you gave.
So you don’t expect to compete for
National titles.

That is a fair expectation.

If fans don’t expect to be old Syracuse the anger should subside.

Jim Boeheim should stop saying publicly he wants to be 2 seeds in the NCAAT. If he didn’t just say that he would be telling the fanbase to recalibrate their expectations like you have.

The problem is the double speak. We aren’t old Syracuse anymore and when fans follow your lead the anger should go away.
When did JB say this about wanting 2 seeds? I missed this.

There were times this year where you could just see the confidence drained from JG. I agree he’s not the fastest kid. He’s not the most athletic. He isn’t the tallest. He doesn’t have the greatest handle. But he is a competitor. A kid that will just keep coming back again and again. When his confidence failed - which happens to lots of players at various times in their careers - it took away his greatest edge. A kid who is blessed with the ability to jump through the roof will always have that to lean on even if things aren’t going well for him. JG has his competitive spirit. That’s tough to rely on when your confidence is faltering. It becomes more evident when you start trying to do too much, or when your shortcomings (almost every player has some) are exposed.

I am expecting a healthier JG to come back after an offseason of working on his game, more confident with his edge back. Still believe his best spot is off the ball, but I expect he will rotate between the two guard spots. With more shooters, he will have some options to pass to. But getting in the lane will be difficult for him again if we can’t find some legitimate inside threats.
It’s easy to keep confidence when you know you aren’t getting replaced as the starting point guard no matter how bad you do

Not bashing ...evaluating. Don’t look through kool aid eyes be realistic... I hope that he grows to 6’5”, can jump higher than 12 inches and gets faster with unbelievable moves and agility. But even though it’s Easter I don’t believe in miracles delivered bu the Easter bunny. Have a nice holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom