exit clause | Syracusefan.com

exit clause

goodroc

Starter
so does SMU -UCF -boise and whoever else is going to be in big east need to give their conference any notice? if not i would guess this is our last yr in big east...

so does SMU -UCF -boise and whoever else is going to be in big east need to give their conference any notice? if not i would guess this is our last yr in big east...
Orlando Sentinel:
If the Knights ultimately decide to join the Big East, Conference USA officials told the Sentinel that UCF would have to pay an exit fee of about $7 million. Schools leaving C-USA must pay their annual share of television revenue under dual contracts with Fox Sports Network and CBS Sports for five years and an additional one-time $500,000 fee.
The last time Conference USA lost members, it negotiated games with remaining league members in exchange for reduced exit-fee payments. USF ended up playing a four-game football series with rival UCF, in part, because of its Conference USA exit-fee arrangement.
If C-USA schools leave this year, league leaders are not currently planning to offer any game trades to reduce exit fees and will require a bonded percentage of the full exit fees before schools can join other conferences.
Conference USA also plans to enforce its exit rules, which means the earliest UCF could join the Big East would be for the 2013 football season.

Link : http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...f-leaders-bowl-championship-series-conference

I don't see anyway SU is out of the BE before 2013. 2012 is a pipe dream. Book your Cinci and South Florida trips now.

I agree...consolation prize: hopefully I'll be planning a tailgate(s) at Houston and/or Dallas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom