Expect better Football teams to follow this Scheduling practice | Syracusefan.com

Expect better Football teams to follow this Scheduling practice

arbitragegls

All Conference
..as Ohio State has done to get ready for the new NC...schedule better teams and make sure they are AQ from the better conferences. The ACC move to 8 conference games provide its teams the ability to go schedule good games instead of games against poorer teams...the new NC is going to use the SOS as being a very large part of selection. Additionally, as previously pointed out this helps to keep FSU, Clemson, and GT happy and gives impetus for Notre Dame to make the final bridge to the ACC.

The article link below is very good as to why scheduling is changing:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--m...eduling-of-exciting-non-conference-games.html

I'll believe it when I see it. It doesn't matter if you schedule tough OOC games and lose 1 or 2 of them as you won't be playing for the NC. SOS will only be relevant vs the other couple of teams you are competing against for the NC draw. If you beat 4 cupcakes and win your mega conference, you will likely not be kept out of the mini-tourney. It will be paramount for teams from the fringe conferences, however.

The BCS currently takes SOS into account as well, but that hasn't really changed much in the way of OOC scheduling and a blowout win vs a cupcake carries more weight than a loss to a tough opponent.

I'll be the judge of that when I see SU's future Dome schedules.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2