expectations for conference wins | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

expectations for conference wins

You can just admit that is why it was so important that he got fired Monday

I didn’t want him fired Monday and never once said that. There were like 3 people who said or hinted at that and you’re turned that into some board philosophy. We get it, you got bored having nothing to post about for a few years and now you have something to go nutty on. Cool.

"It was not for fear that he would win games which is some weird azz narrative that you have made up in your head."

the emotional want me to think they've been clear that they wanted him fired before he won enough games to keep his job , but when I say it, it's a weird narrative

You guys will understand when you get a little more rest and relax
It's not fearing the wins. It's fearing that we keep a failed coach because the easy to win games. You have to look a bit deeper. You're a stats guy you can understand this. You're choosing not to and then pointing at others. Don't be obtuse.

Conference records of ACC teams that recruit somewhat similar.

Dave Clawson 30-47. 7 Bowls in 9 years
Addazio 22-34. 6 bowls in 7 years
Hafley 12-19. 3 bowls out of 4
Elko. 8-6. 2 bowls out of 2
Bronco 22-27. 3 bowls out of 5
Collins 7-19. No bowls
Elliot 2-11. No bowls.
Babers 20-44. 2 bowls 8 years
Narduzzi 42-30. 6 bowls 9 years

Maybe this is just indicative of the fact that there are so many bowls every year in college football that getting a bowl game at the end of the year is not that tough.

5 wins .ok. who have we beat ?
Colgate 5-5 (home )
W. Mich 2-6 (home) ranked 128th
Purdue 2-5 (away) ranked 83rd
Army 2-5 (home) ranked 95th
Pitt 2-5 (basically home) ranked 74th.

win totals alone aren't enuf to save dino's job. we ain't beat NOBODY !
and get stomped to the turf when we do face REAL COMPETITION.

Maybe this is just indicative of the fact that there are so many bowls every year in college football that getting a bowl game at the end of the year is not that tough.
Agreed. Going .500 overall is not that tough. (Bowl) .500 in the ACC? That's pretty decent.

Initially my conference win expectation was .500. I'll revise that to .500 overall, as a baseline. I WANT .500 in the ACC. Easier said, than done.

Agreed. Going .500 overall is not that tough. (Bowl) .500 in the ACC? That's pretty decent.

Initially my conference win expectation was .500. I'll revise that to .500 overall, as a baseline. I WANT .500 in the ACC. Easier said, than done.

Over .500 regular season IMO. I think 3.5 W average in the ACC is fair. Our OOC P4 0.35 W is fair given ND. The other 3 OOC we should win. That is 6.85 Ws per year.

Bowls IMO shouldn’t count for much given opt outs.

It is hard to not go 7-5 now that we don’t have Clemson and FSU yearly.

Over .500 regular season IMO. I think 3.5 W average in the ACC is fair. Our OOC P4 0.35 W is fair given ND. The other 3 OOC we should win. That is 6.85 Ws per year.

Bowls IMO shouldn’t count for much given opt outs.

It is hard to not go 7-5 now that we don’t have Clemson and FSU yearly.
For our recruiting reality, that is completely fair. Puts us right in the Clawson/Addazio category. Obviously, I'd prefer Narduzzi, or Elko's ACC record. I REALLY like what Elko has brought to Duke. Many of our ACC peers have performed better than us. Geoff Collins, and Elliot(he may turn it around)have performed worse.

Fix the QB to just above avg and we would be fine with our current pieces. Is it too much to ask to get a qb who can complete some passes down the field a few time a game..

maybe go look at some D2 kids who would love a chance to compete, there must be some decent throwers in that mix.

Fix the QB to just above avg and we would be fine with our current pieces. Is it too much to ask to get a qb who can complete some passes down the field a few time a game..

maybe go look at some D2 kids who would love a chance to compete, there must be some decent throwers in that mix.
We need more than that.

Our last three opponents didn’t have a QB who could make a pass. It isn’t that easy.

I'm saying you wait and see what his record is.

it might be 3-5. and then your average for two years is 3.5 and 4.5

Everyone wanted him fired early because they worried he might win.

Fire people because you worry they'll lose
I wanted him fired early bc he sucks. 8 years of this is enough. People are making this out to be way harder than it needs to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom