Experimental NIT Rules... | Syracusefan.com

Experimental NIT Rules...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
DXEHTmkWkAAnhHf

At least we don't have to take penalty laps for every missed FT.

Wow... all of those rules actually seem modestly favorable to a standard Syracuse team.
  • Longer 3-pt line = harder for opposing offenses to score, easier to force more long 2-pointers
  • 4 quarters = more stopping in play, more rest for a short rotation
  • 20 second shot clock reset = less time for opposing offense to reset and run play when we give up ORs

So, I get a rebound with 24 seconds left, I lose 6 seconds. That would be my only question. I would rather see the trapezoid lane as well. Is that still in use?
I would also like to see additional free throws after say 7 fouls in a quarter, or in the 4th quarter, you get the option of 2 FTs plus the ball.

if we do get relegated to the NIT, guessing that FIBA 3 point line won't exactly be our friend.
Our 3 pt per-centage is so low, I don't think it would have a major impact on our offensive production. Teams that rely more on 3 point shooting (like Villanova) might feel a greater impact. And wouldn't extending the 3 pt line make our zone defense all the more effective?

Wow... all of those rules actually seem modestly favorable to a standard Syracuse team.
  • Longer 3-pt line = harder for opposing offenses to score, easier to force more long 2-pointers
  • 4 quarters = more stopping in play, more rest for a short rotation
  • 20 second shot clock reset = less time for opposing offense to reset and run play when we give up ORs
I agree. And a wider lane so teams can't pack it in as much with 4 guys for a million seconds.

i'd like to see a 5 point circle mid court just wide enuf to accommodate tip off and worth 5 if you have one foot in.

I hate I because it slows the game down. Adding opportunities for stalled shots at the end of each Q is bad.

I think it may speed the game up on the foul issue though; instead of shooting on the 7th in each half, you'd need 5 in each quarter. So theoretically, there would be fewer foul shots taken. I think

I think it may speed the game up on the foul issue though; instead of shooting on the 7th in each half, you'd need 5 in each quarter. So theoretically, there would be fewer foul shots taken. I think
Yeah, you may be right.

I still hate it.

I would love to see the wider lane in college ball.

2 free throws at 5 fouls should be interesting...will the Louisville types play softer?

I wish they’d go back to a real jump ball on tie ups.

I would love to see the wider lane in college ball.

2 free throws at 5 fouls should be interesting...will the Louisville types play softer?

I wish they’d go back to a real jump ball on tie ups.

It resets at the quarter end, theoretically, there should be fewer foul shots.

Theoretically. Though I wonder if that's off set by the loss of the one and one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom