Experimental NIT Rules... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Experimental NIT Rules...

imho, these experiments are not radical enough. i no longer believe that a deep jump shot should be worth 50% more than any other shot. maybe make a regular field goal worth 3 points and a shot beyond the arc worth 4, so the difference is only 25%. a foul after a made basket is one shot, a common foul is 2, the bonus is 2+1, the double bonus is 3, a foul on a four pointer is 4 shots. combine it with a wider lane & emphasis on calling 3 seconds violations (both offensive & defensive)

I think you just created Baseketball.

base.png

I hate I because it slows the game down. Adding opportunities for stalled shots at the end of each Q is bad.
To speed up the game do this: TV time outs at 16, 12, 8, 4 remain the same. They are for commericals and you gotta pay for the game. All team called time outs are 30 sec, not 1 min. When a player fouls out, players can not huddle with the coach who gets 30 sec to make a subsitutation. (Hate that teams get extra time out this way) Coaches should be prepared for this situation. Offical reviews should hate a set time limit! (as should be in all sports). If a decision can't be made in 3 minutes, calls stand.

To speed up the game do this: TV time outs at 16, 12, 8, 4 remain the same. They are for commericals and you gotta pay for the game. All team called time outs are 30 sec, not 1 min. When a player fouls out, players can not huddle with the coach who gets 30 sec to make a subsitutation. (Hate that teams get extra time out this way) Coaches should be prepared for this situation. Offical reviews should hate a set time limit! (as should be in all sports). If a decision can't be made in 3 minutes, calls stand.
On foul-outs you get 15 seconds (instead of the present 30) to put in a new player, plus both teams have to stand in the foul circle away from their benches until the new player is waved in by the refs.

imho, these experiments are not radical enough. i no longer believe that a deep jump shot should be worth 50% more than any other shot. maybe make a regular field goal worth 3 points and a shot beyond the arc worth 4, so the difference is only 25%. a foul after a made basket is one shot, a common foul is 2, the bonus is 2+1, the double bonus is 3, a foul on a four pointer is 4 shots. combine it with a wider lane & emphasis on calling 3 seconds violations (both offensive & defensive)

Isn't the difference then 33%?

why jump ball ? how about random tossed ball ? ref closes his eyes , spins and chucks it wherever .

Come on people, let's get creative here! This is 2018, clearly the way to handle this is have a drone with the ball approximately 10 ft above the two players that drops the ball into play. Timing is everything, and no ref has to fear for their lives going in between two 240 guys trying to make space with elbows above their heads.

On foul-outs you get 15 seconds (instead of the present 30) to put in a new player, plus both teams have to stand in the foul circle away from their benches until the new player is waved in by the refs.
That is exactly what I meant. Thought it presently 60 sec not 30. They take 60! And if on any stopage teams don't immediately respond to offical's whistle, its a delay of game technical. No ands, ifs or buts! No 2nd call,

if all 5 players touch the ball without a dribble they can then hit any opponent with the ball and send them to the bench for 1 minute unreleasable for a sub to be picked by that teams mascot. if the ball is caught by said opponent or on ricochet the tosser sits for 2 minutes no sub.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom