storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
Watching McCord the other night I thought he he NFL scouts have to love him
1 Gets rid of the ball quick
2 Makes reads instantly
3 Great touch
4 Leader
5 Competitive

Looked at some draft sites and found him as the # 16 QB in one and not in the top 25 in another

What gives

2 Makes reads instantly
3 Great touch
4 Leader
5 Competitive

Looked at some draft sites and found him as the # 16 QB in one and not in the top 25 in another

What gives
How tall is he? He doesn't look very tall. It's probably that simple.

He is better than Minchew and ODonnell for the Raiders.

the biggest throws of the game last night for the Giants and Jones was late on simple 3-5 yd passes both times and McCord has made those throws all yr.

Last edited:

the biggest throws of the game last night for the Giants and Daniels was late on simple 3-5 yd passes both times and McCord has made those throws all yr.
Comparing throws made in an NFL game to those made in a college game is silly. You're implying McCord makes those passes if you swapped him in in those exact moments.

Comparing throws made in an NFL game to those made in a college game is silly. You're implying McCord makes those passes if you swapped him in in those exact moments.
You never know for sure , Everything happens a split second faster. I love how quick Kyle gets the ball out ( usually accurately). You don’t know if it will transfer to the NFL with any QB .

6’3” 220. it’s not that .
I looked at a scouting report and weaknesses they mentioned I haven’t seen. One was the deep pass….. I guess we haven’t seen a whole lot of deep balls so perhaps that’s something.

FWIW, PFF rates McCord #1 in the country for balls thrown downfield (20+ yds).

Jones is terrible at that play. he lives on making simple passes and being able to move in the pocket.

the biggest throws of the game last night for the Giants and Jones was late on simple 3-5 yd passes both times and McCord has made those throws all yr.
Both of those guys were excellent college QBs, as is Kyle. Hard to say he's better, especially Minshew who has won games in the league.

You never know for sure , Everything happens a split second faster. I love how quick Kyle gets the ball out ( usually accurately). You don’t know if it will transfer to the NFL with any QB .
The issue with QBs is waiting to make plays vs anticipating plays. From that bunch set the play doesnt happen quicker in the pros because that is the throw. Jones waited for it to come open and then threw late vs knowing what he was going to do and throwing before it came open.

I looked at a scouting report and weaknesses they mentioned I haven’t seen. One was the deep pass….. I guess we haven’t seen a whole lot of deep balls so perhaps that’s something.
Seems to me he can throw a deep ball too. We just don't do it a lot. Had some nice deep balls early in the season.

Both of those guys were excellent college QBs, as is Kyle. Hard to say he's better, especially Minshew who has won games in the league.
college QBs are all hard to read because of the offense they run. So much RPO that it leads to bigger windows and more wide open WRs. At least Kyle is already used to not running and no windows. Whether he has the pro arm who can tell, but a gun isnt required in the pros to win either it just helps.

2 Makes reads instantly
3 Great touch
4 Leader
5 Competitive

What gives
If it increases our chances of bringing him back I’m all for this

Arm strength and lack of mobility. Many of the throws he completes in college are picks in the NFL and he can’t escape or throw on the run exceptionally well. Again, he can seemingly get by adequately in college but would be a dead man running in the pros.

He is a VERY good college QB. We are extremely lucky to have him and to watch him play. It is a pleasure. Without him we aren’t winning many games this year. He makes great throws with anticipation and many that could be called NFL throws. And, I could see him hanging on in the pros, he’s just not the elite arm and athletic talent they look for.

Arm strength was not in his weaknesses, Pure athletic ability is on his downside. Vertical , shuttle , ect …… There have been highly successful QBs that aren’t great athletically. You have the Lamar Jackson’s vs the Tom Bradys

Last edited:
lots of teams have guys who dont have great talent playing QB. Some have great athletes playing QB who dont know what they are doing as well. Just needs to find that fit to have a career.

Seems to me he can throw a deep ball too. We just don't do it a lot. Had some nice deep balls early in the season.
He can do it but like you say hasn't done it much. Maybe not enough speedy receivers although Peña is pretty quick.
I have no issues with efficient short passes that moves the ball.
He seems to be a master at short quick shots.

Arm strength was not in his weaknesses, Pure athletic ability is on his downside. Vertical , shuttle , ect …… There have been highly successful QBs that aren’t great athletically. You have the Lamar Jackson’s vs the Tom Bradys
He doesn’t have a poor arm, but he doesn’t have an exceptional arm. What’s being discussed is why he’s not higher on NFL boards. He makes some exceptional throws because he’s on time and in rhythm, which is great, but not because he can just fling it. Again, great college QB with potential for the NFL. But if the question is why isn’t he more highly rated, it’s because of athleticism and arm strength.

He doesn’t have a poor arm, but he doesn’t have an exceptional arm. What’s being discussed is why he’s not higher on NFL boards. He makes some exceptional throws because he’s on time and in rhythm, which is great, but not because he can just fling it. Again, great college QB with potential for the NFL. But if the question is why isn’t he more highly rated, it’s because of athleticism and arm strength.
Fair enough , and I could see it keeping him out of the first couple rounds or so …… 16th. , not in the top 25. ……. No way.

Arm strength and lack of mobility. Many of the throws he completes in college are picks in the NFL and he can’t escape or throw on the run exceptionally well. Again, he can seemingly get by adequately in college but would be a dead man running in the pros.

He is a VERY good college QB. We are extremely lucky to have him and to watch him play. It is a pleasure. Without him we aren’t winning many games this year. He makes great throws with anticipation and many that could be called NFL throws. And, I could see him hanging on in the pros, he’s just not the elite arm and athletic talent they look for.
He throws a great ball off the run actually.

He throws a great ball off the run actually.
Look, I love him. We’ve been in a QB desert for longer than I care to recall. He’s hands down the best QB we’ve had since McNabb. However, I’d respectfully disagree. Throwing on the run is not his forte. Has he been capable throwing on the run for us this year? Yes, he has, which is, once again, awesome! But, no, it’s not a strength of his. Once more, the question is about NFL draft board ratings, and on that metric, McCord would not be rated highly as a QB who can throw on the run. I don’t want to seem like I’m denigrating the kid because I’m not. These are just simply the reasons why he’s not projected as high at the moment.

2 Makes reads instantly
3 Great touch
4 Leader
5 Competitive

What gives
Plus his entire team went to his birthday party!

He has the most completions over 20 yards in CFB currently. The deep ball is not a problem nor something we don't do enough.

YES...lack of mobility...

image.jpeg
Philip Rivers Stats, News and Video - QB | NFL.com

image.jpeg
Tom Brady - Wikipedia

He would appear much more athletic if he didn’t wear pajamas under his jersey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom