Fab melo memories. Plz share | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fab melo memories. Plz share

JarHeadJim said:
SYRACUSE vacating 14 wins that he played in from the 2nd Semester of his Soph season.

Boy, we really should have just had him play in the ncaa tournament if we were going to get punished regardless. What's the worst that can happen? A vacated final four or championship. I'd take it.

I lived on Winding Ridge on South Campus my Sophomore year 2011-2012. Was in bed with the window open one night probably 3 or 4 am and I heard a verbal altercation outside. Looked out the window and It was Fab Melo and a female. Don't remember what was said but it did not sit well with me. That will be the one memory of Fab that will stick with me.

For all the dumb stuff he did off the court he was still a very good player when he was on it. I just watched this mix of him and I can't believe the all the stuff that he did well that I had long since forgotten, like his passing for instance.
People are dumb. He had turned into an excellent player. I mean we lost what 1 game reg season?

People are dumb. He had turned into an excellent player. I mean we lost what 1 game reg season?

There is no way Fab Melo was worth the headache he's caused SU basketball. I understand he's not the full reason we are being investigated but really don't understand the argument that he had an overall positive influence on the program.

There is no way Fab Melo was worth the headache he's caused SU basketball. I understand he's not the full reason we are being investigated but really don't understand the argument that he had an overall positive influence on the program.
Eh he's an easy scapegoat. He hasn't caused much more heartburn than devo, scoop, southerland, etc. there's a reason the ncaa is looking at "institutional" type issues. my biggest issue with him was that his upside was 10 times those guys.

and that 1 reg season loss was while he was suspended.

For all the dumb stuff he did off the court he was still a very good player when he was on it. I just watched this mix of him and I can't believe the all the stuff that he did well that I had long since forgotten, like his passing for instance.

Fab was a really good player for us his Soph year. People love to rip on him, and I understand it, but it doesn't diminish the fact that he was a pretty important player for Syracuse in a pretty special season.

Also, from watching that video it's so apparent to me how not all assists are equal...so many plays where Scoop sends a simple pass to Fab & Fab makes an excellent move to score, or Fab converts a poorly thrown alley-opp to score, etc. Just funny to think Scoop gets assists on those plays. Whereas a guy like MCW or even Ennis had Keita instead haha. Not exactly a fair comparison. (I will always contend that MCW's Soph year performance was even better than stats give him credit for, considering the level of talent he had surrounding him.) Think the guys on this years team may be benefiting from some inflated assist totals because of how well RAK is currently playing this year.

He looked like he had bad breath.

Strange thread. We're gonna get hit with major violations and people want to hang 1 person? And that's a player where any one player is probably the least culpable seeing as we supposedly have an academic support system.

Let's be careful before we blame the academic support system for the major violations as well. Plenty of blame to go around it would seem.

Full_Rebar said:
Let's be careful before we blame the academic support system for the major violations as well. Plenty of blame to go around it would seem.

I didn't blame them for any major violations. I minimized Melo especially since we have an academic support staff. I don't see Melo as being the reason for major violations.

I've seen this thread lurking on here and I gotta say it pisses me off. Fab Melo getting suspended was such a punch to the gut - right before the NCAA Tourn out of nowhere. So deflating. Add in the fact that Fab was supposedly a real loser (pushed his girlfriend, his academic stuff, etc). No good memories that I care to remember for me.

I didn't blame them for any major violations. I minimized Melo especially since we have an academic support staff. I don't see Melo as being the reason for major violations.

Ok. I misinterpreted what you said, but you're right Fab isn't the reason, and people should avoid blaming him for everything .

Fab was ungood with sliding glass doors. Like really ungood.