Fab Wow | Syracusefan.com

Fab Wow

Needs to learn how to rebound. For 7 foot 250 LBS he should be getting a lot more boards esp on the defensive end.

Love the effort though.

Fab is turning into a force! His defensive presence is becoming a game changer. Lots of fun to watch this guy blossom.

You can see it in his face- confident, relaxed...quite a contrast to last year. He's still very raw- we may see him improve from game to game...at least I hope so.

Espn credited him with ten today against a fairly big team. He was really active, I thought.

I'm just glad his detractors have to eat crow now. He just played amazingly well against a hot team, with good size. I agree that his rebounding needs to improve some. There were a few balls I thought he could have gotten if he went up for them.

Fab has done a great job, but there's a lot of room for improvement-- that's good news, as far as I'm concerned. One of his biggest rebounding problems, in my opinion: when he attempts a block, tries to take a charge, or stands with arms raised, his recovery time to rebounding position after the shot isn't good. It will come. One thing at a time. At least now, most of the time he is getting in much better defensive position, moving his feet--not flailing his arms in feeble attempts to block shots as much as last year.

Needs to learn how to rebound. For 7 foot 250 LBS he should be getting a lot more boards esp on the defensive end.

Love the effort though.
our center rebounding numbers will always be skewed because JB has them extending out to contest shots, taking them way from the basket. the guards and forwards really need to crash the boards better.

He's playing better - hopefully someone is still coaching him up and he keeps improving

I'm just glad his detractors have to eat crow now. He just played amazingly well against a hot team, with good size. I agree that his rebounding needs to improve some. There were a few balls I thought he could have gotten if he went up for them.

He used to suck. Now he doesn't. Why would anyone have to eat crow? Unless they said he'd never be any good, in which case they should be castrated for being so arrogant to think they know so much.

Fab has done a great job, but there's a lot of room for improvement-- that's good news, as far as I'm concerned. One of his biggest rebounding problems, in my opinion: when he attempts a block, tries to take a charge, or stands with arms raised, his recovery time to rebounding position after the shot isn't good. It will come. One thing at a time. At least now, most of the time he is getting in much better defensive position, moving his feet--not flailing his arms in feeble attempts to block shots as much as last year.

Roosevlet Bouie syndrome - great bod & athleticism, but so-so hands. A really good rebounder needs great hands.

He looks like a different guy than he was last year. Hard to understand how he made the transformation but hey, I'll take it!

He used to suck. Now he doesn't. Why would anyone have to eat crow? Unless they said he'd never be any good, in which case they should be castrated for being so arrogant to think they know so much.

There were plenty of people on this board last year saying he'd never amount to anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom