Facebook Group - We Stand Behind BERNIE FINE | Syracusefan.com

Facebook Group - We Stand Behind BERNIE FINE

Not sure if this has been posted but you can show your support.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/115625575218098/
It seems like 75 percent of this board believes Boeheim will and should be fired if Bernie is shown to be guilty (even without any evidence that jb knew or should have known), but at same time 75 percent of the board is supporting Bernie and looking for any reason to discredit the accusers. Does that make sense? If you are in both groups of 75 percent how do you reconcile that? I think the opposite is true - that jb, based on decades of experience with fine and a knowledge that some of the allegations (ie hotel room) are false, is within his rights to say I support my friend and don't believe it, whereas the legions of fans with no clue calling the accusers ass clowns etc are the real fools.

It seems like 75 percent of this board believes Boeheim will and should be fired if Bernie is shown to be guilty (even without any evidence that jb knew or should have known), but at same time 75 percent of the board is supporting Bernie and looking for any reason to discredit the accusers. Does that make sense? If you are in both groups of 75 percent how do you reconcile that? I think the opposite is true - that jb, based on decades of experience with fine and a knowledge that some of the allegations (ie hotel room) are false, is within his rights to say I support my friend and don't believe it, whereas the legions of fans with no clue calling the accusers ass clowns etc are the real fools.

I am a different combination altogether. I don't believe the accusers' stories as they stand (and I am far from a fool).
I believe that BSK's investigation in 2005 was exhaustive and nothing further will come out that corroborates the story, nor will there be other alleged victims. No charges will be filed against Bernie (though,unfortunately, he can never be truly "cleared;" even if D & L recant their stories, some will claim they were bought off, intimidated, etc.), but he will retire anyway.

On the other hand, as the saying goes, if the facts change, then so too may my opinion. If I am completely wrong and it turns out that something dreadful did, in fact, happen and BSK somehow missed it, I still think that JB will survive, more or less. He will be retiring in a few years anyway. If the worst happens, he will leave in 2 or 3 years rather than 3 to 5.

I would never join that group. While I disagree with the way ESPN carried out their investigation, we don't know if the charges are true or not. While I believe them to be false, I'm not fully putting all my support in Bernie's corner. Sexual abuse is a heinous crime and until it is resolved I wouldn't support that group.

I would never join that group. While I disagree with the way ESPN carried out their investigation, we don't know if the charges are true or not. While I believe them to be false, I'm not fully putting all my support in Bernie's corner. Sexual abuse is a heinous crime and until it is resolved I wouldn't support that group.

Agree 100% - your levelheadedness is refreshing.

To all the people who refuse to put there name in the group because of some moral ground, I disagree vehemently. And to call someone an idiot for joining the group is just an uneducated and narrow-minded view.

Bernie Fine is innocent until proven guilty. At this point, there is no evidence to presume he committed these crimes. He deserves the presumption of innocence. There is nothing wrong with anyone joining this group. One of the real problem in this case is the tragedy that this news went public and Fine has had his reputation irreparably damaged whether or not there is a finding of guilty. He will never get that innocence back even if there is no further investigation or the accusers recant their claims. There will always people wondering if he really did it..

And when people say they will not support him (even if they thing the accusations are false) until the investigation is resolved , it plays into the hands of any accuser who does not have evidence to back up their claims. It makes it more likely that it will become open season on accusing anyone whose career involves involvement with minors. Anyone, whether they are teachers, child care providers, etc. are vulnerable. And to me, that is just as bad as the underlying crime.

I am a different combination altogether. I don't believe the accusers' stories as they stand (and I am far from a fool).
I believe that BSK's investigation in 2005 was exhaustive and nothing further will come out that corroborates the story, nor will there be other alleged victims. No charges will be filed against Bernie (though,unfortunately, he can never be truly "cleared;" even if D & L recant their stories, some will claim they were bought off, intimidated, etc.), but he will retire anyway.

On the other hand, as the saying goes, if the facts change, then so too may my opinion. If I am completely wrong and it turns out that something dreadful did, in fact, happen and BSK somehow missed it, I still think that JB will survive, more or less. He will be retiring in a few years anyway. If the worst happens, he will leave in 2 or 3 years rather than 3 to 5.
Agreed on all counts. Regardless of the outcome, Bernie has spent his last day courtside.

To each its own, I understand JB defending his friend, i'd probably do the same, but at the same time i've learned to let these things play out before I jump to conclusions and call people "liars", or "victims". If it turns out Bernie is not innocent than im more upset at our legal process in Syracuse and how they could just "tuck" this away. If it turns out that he's innocent than I will feel bad for him because his reputation will never be the same.

Many current and former players have joined

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Wow, impressive list. I am the perfect example of how this will and has tarnished his name. I currently am not joining the group, even though I believe he is innocent. I look at all the support and stories that support BF and they seem 100 times more convincing and legit than the shaky stories put forth by the 2 accusers and their friend. However, and its unfortunate, Bernie Fine's name will always have a stigma attached and this sadly is irreperable unless they recant their stories, which they wont. Even though its not a big deal, I may join the group when I start to see how this plays out, I do look at the list which includes Mike Hopkins, Fab, BT, CJ, Hakim Warrick, Rony Seikaly, Ryan Blackwell and much more and feel like im being a real ty fan by not joining this group at the present time.

Finally a voice of reason.

Finally a voice of reason.

And what if, and what seems to be the most likely outcome, it is never resolved. It just fades away after they investigate and dont have enough to go after BF. Will you always look at Bernie as a monster? In that case, you must believe someone has to prove their innocence rather than the other way around.

And what if, and what seems to be the most likely outcome, it is never resolved. It just fades away after they investigate and dont have enough to go after BF. Will you always look at Bernie as a monster? In that case, you must believe someone has to prove their innocence rather than the other way around.

I'm not interested in "choosing sides" until a thorough investigation has been completed. I don't believe that has happened yet. Even JB is now saying we have to let this play out. And I'm certainly not going to attack the alleged victims in the meantime.

The media spotlight on this case will force the powers that be to get to the bottom of this once and for all.

I'm not interested in "choosing sides" until a thorough investigation has been completed. I don't believe that has happened yet. Even JB is now saying we have to let this play out. And I'm certainly not going to attack the alleged victims in the meantime.

The media spotlight on this case will force the powers that be to get to the bottom of this once and for all.

I guess, I see a 3 ring circus unfolding and have reservations as to whether they can ever solve this one way or the other. Unless another credible victim steps forward I think he gets cleared but he will never have his reputation back because him being cleared to some, will not mean hes innocent.

All these accusations would explain our terrible recruiting in the early 2000s or whenever it was

Fine starting tickle fights while Orr reads passages from Revelations leads to James Thues as your point guard.

All these accusations would explain our terrible recruiting in the early 2000s or whenever it was

Fine starting tickle fights while Orr reads passages from Revelations leads to James Thues as your point guard.

Don't forget our mister recruit.Greg Davis.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Wow, impressive list. I am the perfect example of how this will and has tarnished his name. I currently am not joining the group, even though I believe he is innocent. I look at all the support and stories that support BF and they seem 100 times more convincing and legit than the shaky stories put forth by the 2 accusers and their friend. However, and its unfortunate, Bernie Fine's name will always have a stigma attached and this sadly is irreperable unless they recant their stories, which they wont. Even though its not a big deal, I may join the group when I start to see how this plays out, I do look at the list which includes Mike Hopkins, Fab, BT, CJ, Hakim Warrick, Rony Seikaly, Ryan Blackwell and much more and feel like im being a real ty fan by not joining this group at the present time.

None of those guys you mentioned are just "fans". They all are personally and deeply connected to Bernie and therefore have a lot more to base their support for him on than we as casual fans do. Put me in the wait and see group, although also very firmly in the desperately hoping the charges are a pack of lies group.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom