Facilities Upgrade | Syracusefan.com

Facilities Upgrade

cuseboy6

Walk On
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-football-stadiums-heading-into-2012/page/41
Best College Football Stadiums- #81 Carrier Dome
This is exactly why something needs to be done. The Carrier Dome has so much history that we can build upon. Whether it's adding a new deck, or doing something completely different, something needs to be done. I also found another article by Bleecher Report that has Syracuse as one of the top football venues that need an upgrade. Everyone can be ticked all they want about Cuse's loss of recruits, but here's one of the reasons why.

Stupid article. It suggests we didn't play at the dome because there is something wrong with the stadium. Not what happened.

Internet 101: Don't take anything from Bleacher Report seriously.

Especially when written by someone who has never been to the Dome.

Or do you really believe that we lost recruits because the Dome doesn't have air conditioning? :rolleyes:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-football-stadiums-heading-into-2012/page/41
Best College Football Stadiums- #81 Carrier Dome
This is exactly why something needs to be done. The Carrier Dome has so much history that we can build upon. Whether it's adding a new deck, or doing something completely different, something needs to be done. I also found another article by Bleecher Report that has Syracuse as one of the top football venues that need an upgrade. Everyone can be ticked all they want about Cuse's loss of recruits, but here's one of the reasons why.
The Dome just had an upgrade. The field turf was replaced a couple of years ago. With the new scoreboards, the Dome is far ahead of venues like the Rent in East Hartford, the Rutgers Stadium, Nippert Stadium, etc. The scoreboards at the Dome are far better than Raymond James Stadium in Tampa Bay as well.

The sound system is good. The lighting is good. The seating for football is the best of any college venue; thanks to its uber small footprint, no stadium in the country has the sight lines of the Dome. The Dome today is colorful, vibrant and something to be proud of.

The Dome just had an upgrade. The field turf was replaced a couple of years ago. With the new scoreboards, the Dome is far ahead of venues like the Rent in East Hartford, the Rutgers Stadium, Nippert Stadium, etc. The scoreboards at the Dome are far better than Raymond James Stadium in Tampa Bay as well.

The sound system is good. The lighting is good. The seating for football is the best of any college venue; thanks to its uber small footprint, no stadium in the country has the sight lines of the Dome. The Dome today is colorful, vibrant and something to be proud of.
It's the location of the Dome that sucks

and they sell beer which is the single most important factor for in game enjoyment.

SU did the field turf in 2005 correct?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

SU did the field turf in 2005 correct?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
Correct, just prior to the start of football season. Time flies when you are having fun.

The Dome itself is not the problem. The lockerrooms need an upgrade but the overall stadium is fine.

The issue is not having a dedicated IPF for a school located in the great white north, and the training/rehab facilities.

I'm with Tomcat on this one.

I think the Dome is the best football venue I have been to in both college and professional football.

Every seat is a good one and the atmosphere is truly great when the Orange is playing well and there are some folks in the seats.

Next year should be fun.

I think from a recruiting angle, it's got some wow factor...even now. Most kids have never played football indoors or have been to an indoor stadium. It may not get them to sign...but by no means do I think it is a negative. From a fan perspective, I still love it given the weather factor in the Cuse. Sure, it could be spruced up (many opinions about how) but most college stadiums are in that boat (cept for those that use pro stadiums). Is it time for the "If we had $15M to spruce up the dome, what would we spend it on?" thread?

I'm with Tomcat on this one.

I think the Dome is the best football venue I have been to in both college and professional football.

Every seat is a good one and the atmosphere is truly great when the Orange is playing well and there are some folks in the seats.

Next year should be fun.

I agree 100%.Been in many pro and college stadiums and I wouldn't trade it for any of them.There really isn't a bad seat in the house.It was looking a little dated prior to the changes made over the last 7-8 years,but now it looks great,imo.Can't really speak to the locker room issue if there is one,but the dome itself IS NOT some liability,imo.

...The sound system is good. The lighting is good. The seating for football is the best of any college venue; thanks to its uber small footprint, no stadium in the country has the sight lines of the Dome. The Dome today is colorful, vibrant and something to be proud of.

I love the Dome as much as the next guy, but the lighting FOR FOOTBALL is mediocre at best - especially when watching on TV.

It's MUCH darker than NFL domes in Atlanta, Detroit, Indy and St. Louis and slightly darker than the Super Dome in New Orleans.

Don't know if its the number of lighting banks, the wattage of the bulbs or types of bulbs, but the Carrier Dome just ain't as bright as the aforementioned Domes when football is being played.

Though strangely, it always looks very bright for hoops.

People are right ... Theres not a bad seat in the house because there are no seats. Bench seating sucks unless you like the person pressed next to you.

Get some seats already!!!

No, it should be located in Syracuse, i just wish it was up on Sky Top for a better fan experience before and after the game.

Agreed. If and when a new stadium is built, one that has better parking and space for a huge tailgating party before and after the game will greatly benefit the program. People love to get drunk and party and the current setup as is doesn't produce that. I was watching some youtube videos and some of the fans that go to games don't know jack about football, they just go to have a good time, and when you see the environment, its not hard to see why. I think most fans have the mindset of get to the stadium 10 minutes before the game and leave 10 minutes early to beat traffic. There is no great party game in and game out.

Agreed. If and when a new stadium is built, one that has better parking and space for a huge tailgating party before and after the game will greatly benefit the program. People love to get drunk and party and the current setup as is doesn't produce that. I was watching some youtube videos and some of the fans that go to games don't know jack about football, they just go to have a good time, and when you see the environment, its not hard to see why. I think most fans have the mindset of get to the stadium 10 minutes before the game and leave 10 minutes early to beat traffic. There is no great party game in and game out.
Honestly, I have no idea why a great big parking lot is better than multiple smaller ones. It's not like you can interact with everyone in the lot. I have tailgated at places with huge lots and frankly, I like the smaller ones better. We park in an SU lot. We go in, we setup camp. We party. Not sure how a huge lot helps me do that better. In addition, it is really easy to swap a bar for a tailgate if desired (like in bad weather).

Honestly, I have no idea why a great big parking lot is better than multiple smaller ones. It's not like you can interact with everyone in the lot. I have tailgated at places with huge lots and frankly, I like the smaller ones better. We park in an SU lot. We go in, we setup camp. We party. Not sure how a huge lot helps me do that better. In addition, it is really easy to swap a bar for a tailgate if desired (like in bad weather).

You're a diehard. Before joining this site I had no clue that there was parking at Manley and I'm still not totally sure were the "party" is at. Would the casual shopper go to the mall if there were no parking lots by the mall? Doesn't having those lots right outside the mall make access much easier? If you had to park at St Joes and then walk to the mall would you expect that to be a smart design? The diehards will go to the game no matter where its at. I'm trying to diagnose the attendance problem and how we struggle to get 40,000 actual fans in the seats. To me, the gameday atmosphere is so stale that there is no reason to go to a game unless the team is ranked or a big opponet is coming. Once again, I'm trying to give an outlook from what a casual fan would think.

I see a video of "The Grove" at Ole Miss and I get it. I get why there team isn't that great but they still sellout their games. I get why the SEC is the SEC. The games are an all-day event. This is just my opinion.

No, it should be located in Syracuse, i just wish it was up on Sky Top for a better fan experience before and after the game.

Long walk to Cosmo's and Faegan's.