Familiarity of ACC to Syracuse zone | Syracusefan.com

Familiarity of ACC to Syracuse zone

SaltineWarrior

Scout Team
While I will acknowledge the points we've heard so far that the ACC teams have really not seem the SU zone like the old Big East foes used to see year after year, I think the announcer the other night (Alexander?) completely underestimated the position SU as well as Pitt & ND are in this year.

These are all new teams, schemes, players, coaches and even opponents gym these teams have to get used to as new league members. The ACC has to scout 3 "new" teams, including a tough 2-3 zone. The old Big East teams had to scout 12 "new" teams. Neither are easy, but our boys have 4 times as many new opponents.

I guess he's trying to defend the idea that the Big East teams are driving the ACC right now, but that is also a function of the ACC attracting the strength of the former Big East.

While I will acknowledge the points we've heard so far that the ACC teams have really not seem the SU zone like the old Big East foes used to see year after year, I think the announcer the other night (Alexander?) completely underestimated the position SU as well as Pitt & ND are in this year.

These are all new teams, schemes, players, coaches and even opponents gym these teams have to get used to as new league members. The ACC has to scout 3 "new" teams, including a tough 2-3 zone. The old Big East teams had to scout 12 "new" teams. Neither are easy, but our boys have 4 times as many new opponents.

I guess he's trying to defend the idea that the Big East teams are driving the ACC right now, but that is also a function of the ACC attracting the strength of the former Big East.
Doesn't that door swing both ways. We don't know the courts, the players, the styles.

I think his argument is that it's twice as hard for teams to adjust to us because our brand of defense is so 'unique' nationwide. There is nothing like what we do across the nation. Where as the stuff they do on the court isn't nearly as hard to adjust too.

That said I think he underestimates having to get acclimated to so many new teams, and more importantly the sheer number of venues, travel spots, cities and everything else. At first it's exciting, but it wears on the team after awhile.

As to which is harder I have no idea, but if you go purely by results p, we have certainly been better at adjusting to opponents than they have been adjusting to us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom