Famous Dome game Villanova, Duke1.0,or Duke 2.0 | Syracusefan.com

Famous Dome game Villanova, Duke1.0,or Duke 2.0

20Plus

These ae three of the top games in terms of overall enjoyment, excitement, hype, energy, ending, and really everything you look for in a basketball game.
How would you rank them.

Duke 1.0
Nova
Duke 2.0

I had a hard time not putting Villanova one. If the last second shot had put us in the tournament that would be tough to beat

What year was that Villanova game?

The Duke 1 game was epic, there were over 20K in the Dome two hours before tip. Took the elevator downstairs from the Sheraton and the lobby, bar and ballroom were just jammed, and the Dome had long lines before the doors swung unlocked. Playing for #1, Vanessa Williams, K and JB...

I wasn't in attendance for Duke 2.0 but was there for Nova and Duke 1.0.

You can't go wrong picking either of the latter as the better one.

Amazing night, The Orange splats on the backboard, GT pulls his team from the floor, Pearl hits the game winner, Best court storming ever. I was there, the atmosphere was indescribable.

DITTO. :cool:

I'd also say the 2OT JTII ejection game was pretty awesome as well.
(I wasn't there for that one tho)

But honestly, my favorite was the comeback against them in '89, which had some of the most amazing highlights in a short period of time for a Syracuse team, ever.
Sherm capping off the win (and his Dome career) in OT with a reverse dunk - was amazing. :cool:

Dome Ranger came out of retirement for Villanova 2010 game.

That would be the answer for me.

That was a great moment. Nova is the answer out of the three for me because it was the first big record breaker game. So much build up for it. Then the team just comes out, and dominates.

These ae three of the top games in terms of overall enjoyment, excitement, hype, energy, ending, and really everything you look for in a basketball game.
How would you rank them.

Duke 1.0
Nova
Duke 2.0
Duke 1 and it's not close.
And I was at all three.

Duke 2 is a great ending but the entire Duke 1 game felt like a buzzer beater

Didn't go to Duke 2, So I'll rank them Duke 1 and Nova

Cant really compare these 3, but I was able to witness the 2 great games this yr (UVA and Duke) and this yrs Duke game still gives me chills when I think about it and that ending

Was at all 3. Duke 1, duke 2, nova. Id put duke 2 first buttttt...Duke 1 was just the greatest college basketball game ive ever seen next to six in the city.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom