Famous Dome game Villanova, Duke1.0,or Duke 2.0 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Famous Dome game Villanova, Duke1.0,or Duke 2.0

These ae three of the top games in terms of overall enjoyment, excitement, hype, energy, ending, and really everything you look for in a basketball game.
How would you rank them.

Duke 1.0
Nova
Duke 2.0

Same:
Duke 1.0
Nova
Duke 2.0

I was at Duke 1.0 so I'm going with that as #1. Best regular season game in college basketball that year. That Nova game was incredible too. It shoulda been the signature regular season win in the mythical march to our 2nd national championship(*). Ugh. And the ending to the Duke game this season was one of the most thrilling Dome finishes ever.

Last edited:
Duke 1.0
Nova
I was at both of these with my grown sons. Amazing atmosphere! Was in Faegans before the Nova game watching underdog teams clad in orange beat teams in blue (Tenn over UK and Okla St over KU). I took that as a good omen.

Duke 1.0 was like a heavyweight fight with both teams landing haymakers! Watched Duke 2.0 on the tube and wished that we made the trip but the mid-week timing made that unworkable. I'd have to make that #3.

bad choice. Great game but not in the league with those three.

Pretty comparable to last year's Duke game it would seem.

Neither had anywhere near the pregame hype of Nova or Duke #1. Neither had as big of a crowd.

But both had 30,000 and 2 of the best endings ever in SU games. For pure noise, that Pitt game has to be way up there during the 2nd half.

That was a great moment. Nova is the answer out of the three for me because it was the first big record breaker game. So much build up for it. Then the team just comes out, and dominates.

I think I agree. That's a factor. With all the pregame hype and then just watching us clearly play on another level from Nova...at that moment there was not a college program out there that could touch us. We were the best team in the country, and the future was blindingly bright with the new Melo Center and the recruits we had coming in(Waiters, Fab).

I dunno about famous but for sheer excitement, passion, importance and absolute hatred...any of those three Georgetown games cited are the best.

The first Duke game was the best played basketball game ever in the Dome...notwithstanding CJ's inability to foul someone before Duke hit the game tying shot in regulation.

I dunno about famous but for sheer excitement, passion, importance and absolute hatred...any of those three Georgetown games cited are the best.

The first Duke game was the best played basketball game ever in the Dome...notwithstanding CJ's inability to foul someone before Duke hit the game tying shot in regulation.

I was at the Nova game, was incredible...does anyone know where i can find that game? It isnt on youtube and there are barely any highlights of it anywhere :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom