Fan behavior in section 321 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Fan behavior in section 321

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on, it's a juvenile joke game
Juvenile did you say?

D110045F-D858-4378-AB36-4435BDF11BF1.gif

Honestly, I don't think you can just outright say they are flashing a racist symbol. Sure, some white supremacists use it, but the overwhelming use of the symbol is an innocuous one:

That’s not an A OK. Not when the one kid is trying to do it discreetly.

Honestly, I don't think you can just outright say they are flashing a racist symbol. Sure, some white supremacists use it, but the overwhelming use of the symbol is an innocuous one:
How about just do nothing? Sit there and smile. Whenever you wear a uniform you are representing the organization whose uniform you are wearing, regardless of whether you are “joking” or not. It’s a bad look.

How about just do nothing? Sit there and smile. Whenever you wear a uniform you are representing the organization whose uniform you are wearing, regardless of whether you are “joking” or not. It’s a bad look.
These posts are a bad look. Doofuses here are disappointed to find out its harmless and not racist

These posts are a bad look. Doofuses here are disappointed to find out its harmless and not racist

How do you know it’s not racist?

Even band members giving the finger I have a little bit of an issue with... again, you are representing your university, wearing an official university uniform. Have some class. Is that too much to ask?

How do you know it’s not racist?

I don't know that it's not racist but I also don't know that it is racist so I'd rather not make accusations based on something that has a high likelihood of being totally harmless.

Even band members giving the finger I have a little bit of an issue with... again, you are representing your university, wearing an official university uniform. Have some class. Is that too much to ask?
It's not the middle finger. It's harmless. Sto pbeing so mad it's not racist ffs.

Last edited:
I don't know that it's not racist but I also don't know that it is racist so I'd rather not make accusations based on something that has a high likelihood of being totally harmless.

I’m sure someone might find one, but I’m struggling finding one of SU’s 4-5000 students and band members doing it. If they’re just “joking around”, it’s a poor look representing your school.

It's not the middle finger. It's harmless. Sto pbeing so mad it's not racist ffs.
To me, it’s simple. They’re either doing it to “own the libs” or they’re doing it because they believe it’s legitimately a white power sign. There’s been so much written about it that it’s very unlikely it’s another reason.

Even if you give them the benefit of the doubt, they’re still far right trolls from SC. And Trump supporters have been shown to be racists above all else at this point.

You can argue they’re harmless racists trying to be funny or serious ones. Up to you. But I personally believe these people don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore. They may have claimed ignorance in 2016 but it’s clear what they’re supporting now. And they should have to own it and defend it.

To me, it’s simple. They’re either doing it to “own the libs” or they’re doing it because they believe it’s legitimately a white power sign. There’s been so much written about it that it’s very unlikely it’s another reason.

Even if you give them the benefit of the doubt, they’re still far right trolls from SC. And Trump supporters have been shown to be racists above all else at this point.

You can argue they’re harmless racists trying to be funny or serious ones. Up to you. But I personally believe these people don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore. They may have claimed ignorance in 2016 but it’s clear what they’re supporting now. And they should have to own it and defend it.
You're wrong. It's a game that has nothing to do with race. This is stupid.

A sitcom from a long time ago proves the point. It’s been adopted by other groups as either a troll or a legit symbol. And the ones that are trolls are Trump supporters who are by and large racists (they’re not voting in their own self interest anymore, that’s for sure).

I was very happy with that as I sit in 111 and my ears could not take them in 110 2 years ago.

It’s as if Twitter is making its way into the real world.

We’ll look back one day and miss the days of people just being anonymously obnoxious.

Oh come on, it's a juvenile joke game

The stupid “made you look” game that we did countless times.

Apparently we were just displaying our white power the whole time?

I wish this country had a reset button. Press in case of emergency.

The stupid “made you look” game that we did countless times.

Apparently we were just displaying our white power the whole time?

I wish this country had a reset button. Press in case of emergency.

Things change over time. They’re young white boys from SC - there’s a reason they’re doing it vs something you did decades ago.

Things change over time. They’re young white boys from SC - there’s a reason they’re doing it vs something you did decades ago.
people still do it. There weren't memes decades ago. You assume white southern kids are racist, you don't even need symbols, you know in your heart they're racist anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom