Fan Fest Report | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Fan Fest Report

I agree that winning begets fans, but we will never break any attendance records if simply due to the fact the Dome has fewer seats than it used to.
You know what I meant haha

How many P5 football programs have open practices during fall camp? Can anyone name a few?

How many P5 football programs have open practices during fall camp? Can anyone name a few?
I only follow Iowa as closely as I do Syracuse. They had 2 open spring practices and 1 open scrimmage in the fall on Aug. 14

The only people who are going to the games right now are already motivated fans. Look at the fair, look at the movies.
fair thing is somewhat surprising- there was all this talk about pent-up demand. Then again the fair didn’t help itself with some of its decisions and planning.

I think this was a missed opportunity. It felt much more like a spring game with no scrimmage. There was nothing for the kids except a tin. My 13 year old was bored to tears within 10 minutes and ended up on his phone the whole time. So there wasn't many people there, that's because of two things losing and lack of fan motivation. Fan fest can't fix losing but...put on a decent fan fest, generate some buzz about the QBs/WRs/RBs(we diehards love to tell everyone how we're going to be better). Then when the fair weathers see us beat Ohio by 3TDS, the Rutgers game suddenly becomes more interesting to the casual fan. Right now, nobody gives two poops and I doubt they will even if we beat Ohio. There is ZERO energy for this team in the syr metro area, nada, zilch, niet, none.

Honestly, I wasn’t blown away from the look of the interior. Trying to look up at the championship pennants and you get blinded by the lights. My son kept asking where was Gerry’s uniform , where was the Jim Brown mural etc. A lot of the banners were generally hard to read they were so small.Up top could use some spiffing up . A lot of grey around the top of the Dome interior
The center scoreboard is amazing. Crystal clear.
I've been in a few times. I personally was thrilled with how crisp the upper wall looked. It is 100% painted. Orange blue, and gray. It is no longer just concrete. You can argue whether you like the gray, but it is new fresh paint.

I think this was a missed opportunity. It felt much more like a spring game with no scrimmage. There was nothing for the kids except a tin. My 13 year old was bored to tears within 10 minutes and ended up on his phone the whole time. So there wasn't many people there, that's because of two things losing and lack of fan motivation. Fan fest can't fix losing but...put on a decent fan fest, generate some buzz about the QBs/WRs/RBs(we diehards love to tell everyone how we're going to be better). Then when the fair weathers see us beat Ohio by 3TDS, the Rutgers game suddenly becomes more interesting to the casual fan. Right now, nobody gives two poops and I doubt they will even if we beat Ohio. There is ZERO energy for this team in the syr metro area, nada, zilch, niet, none.
The only thing that matters is winning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom