Fan Frustration | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fan Frustration

Cuse69 I hear you but I think you're too pessimistic. Lots of teams go through bad seasons...as in really bad seasons. They can be turned around in 1-2 years.

Bad seasons aren't always bad coaching. This team was super young this year. There is a huge difference between 18-19 and 21-23 year olds physically. I saw the GRob years and this team looks different than those years. Sure we had good kids back then too but we were getting blown out earlier and more often.

2021 will be better. I'm confident we'll be around .500% with an upward trajectory from there.
yea this year as bad as it was does not compare with any of the Grob years. First of the eye test is not even close! You just knew back then that every game we ghad lil to no shot to win the game or be close.
like you said this season was affected by covid and massive amount of injuries which imo does not happen in that fashion very often!
Next season will be much better! Especiually with the very talented QB coming in and alot of very young talent that we saw especially on the defensive end plus the incoming talent the upcoming season looks much better in my eyes!

yea this year as bad as it was does not compare with any of the Grob years. First of the eye test is not even close! You just knew back then that every game we ghad lil to no shot to win the game or be close.
like you said this season was affected by covid and massive amount of injuries which imo does not happen in that fashion very often!
Next season will be much better! Especiually with the very talented QB coming in and alot of very young talent that we saw especially on the defensive end plus the incoming talent the upcoming season looks much better in my eyes!
I think we have a lot of young talent on D. Not sure any of the recruits will be immediately ready to step in. The thing that will determine next season like always is OL. Not confident at this point it will be fixed even with healthy bodies. If the team has to max protect constantly it limits the offense ability to be successful.

I think we have a lot of young talent on D. Not sure any of the recruits will be immediately ready to step in. The thing that will determine next season like always is OL. Not confident at this point it will be fixed even with healthy bodies. If the team has to max protect constantly it limits the offense ability to be successful.
i definitely like the transfer we have coming in on the offensive line and i dont think we are that far off imo in the trenches and im pretty sure we ger everyoine back plus the transfer i think we can do enough next season with our new QB as well our offense can be productive to quite productive!
lets hope for the ladder!!!!

You sure about that? Grob beat ND in his last year. Don't forget that MD debacle this past year. The overall body of work isn't the same but Grob had a 3 or 4 win season, We won 1 freaking game and got pasted by some pretty lousy teams. Stop sugar coating it.

You sure about that? Grob beat ND in his last year. Don't forget that MD debacle this past year. The overall body of work isn't the same but Grob had a 3 or 4 win season, We won 1 freaking game and got pasted by some pretty lousy teams. Stop sugar coating it.
I have to think Grob's teams would be worse with pretty much a all acc schedule with opt outs/injuries of his best players.

my point is that as bad as this past season was there were so many variables this past season, shall i name them??? lets go for it. 1/ injuries and opt outs, 2/ 2 brand new coordinators to break in
3/much better competition! thats for sure and last but not least just plain n simple the eye test, Grobs teams for the most part were embasrrased every play, every game.
It was a bad season yes but Grob! please there is no comparison

Attachments

• 58FD8038-BD37-42C9-9219-D942F6FDEBE4.jpeg
    58FD8038-BD37-42C9-9219-D942F6FDEBE4.jpeg
    40.1 KB · Views: 95

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online