Fan health and coping skills during SU games | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fan health and coping skills during SU games

I typically lose my voice until about Wednesday and I’ve gotten a lot better with losses. I’m able to brush them off pretty well now. But man , I embellish, savor, and totally indulge the wins. The UNLV win completely reversed the Stanford loss in my mind. Just wiped it away for me.

Sports are a perfect blend of fantasy and reality. As a fan, we hold the reins of our own perception and reactions to the happenings and outcomes of the games. Nitpicking every mishap and failure on the field just doesn’t do it for me, at the same time I love reading the game threads. :)

Make no mistake, all those losses we endured and miserable games of the past are going to make this winning era that much sweeter. We as ‘Cuse fans have the potential for a far greater emotional high than any of the factory school fans who are miserable at 9-3.

Age, 72, and grandchildren, 5, will change you. I watch the games passively and still very much enjoy the wins but the losses are forgotten in minutes. The last time I yelled was that killer late out of bounds hit at Clemson two years ago. And I will mumble something if we are missing front ends of 1&1's in tight hoops games.

Meh as i have gotten older i dont get worked up anymore. While i am very much into the game emotionally i dont let losses linger like i used too when i was younger. The stanford game would have bothered me for weeks 25 years ago. I was over this loss before i got back to my car.

I hit rock bottom when we lost to Tennessee in football and swore I would change. Then Butler happened and that person came out again and i made the decision I would never will go back to that person ever again. I see younger kids act like the way i used too and chuckle.

Last edited:
I have still not emotionally recovered from the late hit penalty at Clemson when we were leading and sitting at 6-0. plays in my nightmares
you mean the one where the qb's left foot was still inbounds?!!! Bastids....

At the end of the day it's just sports. If I can't sit and enjoy watching a game for a couple of hours then what's the point?

Losing can be tough especially when it's over a long period of time, but breaks can help and it can also make the wins feel so good

I used to be sick for a week after a loss. Gerg ended that.

The game thread is still a total joy though.

If we ever somehow made the playoffs - I might go nuts again.

Until then? Really enjoying this year and hopeful we don’t fade like we usually do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom