Fans have a right to be a little bitter if Doug leaves | Syracusefan.com

Fans have a right to be a little bitter if Doug leaves

I wont be bitter- but honestly watching that i have to laugh-- if he leaves he probably wants that tape burned

Generally, when you start a job, you are going to be amped up and positive.

You aren't going to come out and say "hey thanks, but this is my stepping stone until I get promoted".

I would shake his hand, wish him luck and thank him for bringing our program out of the pits of hell. No bitterness here

Problem is, it might be only temporary and he really didn't finish the job.

Watching that makes me realize how much we have taken advantage of what we have and possibly had! HCDM brought us from the depths of hell that the guy before him (can't even say his name) to a program that can be respected. I for one will be very sad to see him go! I still hope that if he stays he can bring back the passion her showed in that video. The Doug Marrone we saw after the Minnesota game is not the guy we saw in that video!

You aren't going to come out and say "hey thanks, but this is my stepping stone until I get promoted".

Every job I've had I tell everyone it's my dream job. So far I've had about seven.

Problem is, it might be only temporary and he really didn't finish the job.
Agreed. We're just getting really good. In the next couple of years we have a chance to be really special.

Really, I can? Cuz Im confused as to how I should feel and think. Heads spinning.

Must have hit refresh 6000 times today...

I would shake his hand, wish him luck and thank him for bringing our program out of the pits of hell. No bitterness here
Exactly. You hire a young guy and you can't expect him to stay forever. In basketball there are very few Jim Boeheim's, in football there are probably even less. Even Coach Mac who was no spring chicken still left for the NFL.

We had a lifer and ended up firing him. I am sure for the right price he would come back if any of you want him.

Yeah, I love that everyone who is feeling bitter will be super excited when the next guy talks about how special a place syracuse university is. Honestly folks, can we all just understand that it's really fun to root for these teams but getting to invested in any single thing a player or coach does in any area other than on the field/court is absurd? I mean, I love JB. LOVE him. But when someone points out that JB doesn't appear to care in the least about any activities his players engage in outside of hoops, even I have to go, "Well ... that's true, but still ..."

It reminds me of the simpsons where big mac says something along the lines of "do we want to talk about all this other stuff or do you want to see me hit some homers?!?!?!" and the whole crowd screams "homers! homers! homers!" It's truly best if we ignore all the other stuff -- whether it's bad things or speeches that make alumni have accidents in their pants.

Maybe I would agree if he had had fan support before the end of the Pinstripe Bowl ( not including the diehards).

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

call me crazy, call me naive.

Marrone isn't going anywhere. ever.

This video convinced me. This is a ploy for more money and more assets.

until I hear confirmation otherwise, I'm sticking to my guns.

Wouldn't be bitter at all. Bummed yes, but not bitter. I may bitch about a 4th and 1 decision, I may not agree with the Spruill decision, but those are minor details. Big picture he is the right guy and has done a great job. I don't want him to leave. I hope he is here long term.

He is in a career with a family. He has to do what is best for him and his family.

For us, it is entertainment. For him, it is real life.

No bitterness at all here.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Wouldn't be bitter at all. Bummed yes, but not bitter. I may bitch about a 4th and 1 decision, I may not agree with the Spruill decision, but those are minor details. Big picture he is the right guy and has done a great job. I don't want him to leave. I hope he is here long term.

He is in a career with a family. He has to do what is best for him and his family.

Ok that's the tipping post, I know how I feel. I'm with ya, thanks bro :)

Agreed. Not bitter here either.

going to a 2 hour movie is entertainment.

i gave my wife dates that were off limits for our WEDDING. Those dates involved every syracuse football and basketball weekend.

I may sound like a loser, but Syracuse football is more than entertainment.

I'm not angry, I'm not angry anymore.
I'm not angry, I'm not angry anymore.
Ooh, I know what you're doin'.
I know where you've been.
I know where, but I don't care,
'cause there's no such thing as an original sin.

And that is what makes you a mature, reasonable, grounded person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom