Fantasy Baseball Help? | Syracusefan.com

Fantasy Baseball Help?

JackBauer44

'18 & / '21 Cali Winner: Receiving & Rushing Yards
Are there any Fantasy Baseball players out there?

I'm passing time at work right now and have been thinking about my team. I've been a casual baseball watcher my whole life, and this year was asked by a bunch of college friends to join their keeper league they were starting (100 bucks a team, 10 team-auction draft league). I know they figured I would be an easy victim, but I studied my ass off to draft a good team. At the All Star break, I'm sitting in 4th place, but want to position myself for the stretch. There are 3 regular season weeks left and then the playoffs start. While I am in 4th place, there are 3 teams behind me with close records and also 2 teams ahead of me with close records. I'm going to post my roster below, and if anyone can give me some advice, it would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to win this thing...

Categories: Batting- H/R/HR/RBI/BB/K/SB/AVG Pitching- K/QS/W/L/SV/BAA/ERA/WHIP

Roster:

C: Carlos Santana
1b: Joey Votto
2b: Chase Utley
3b: Adrian Beltre
SS: Troy Tulowitzki
OF: Chris Davis
OF: Starling Marte
OF: Shin Soo-Choo
UTL: Yasiel Puig
Bench: C Wilin Roasrio, SS Jean Segura, 3b Josh Donaldson

(Disclaimer, I lead the league in most of the hitting categories. Pitching is where I struggle)

SP Matt More
SP AJ Burnett
SP James Shields
SP Jeff Locke
SP Jose Fernandez
SP Johnny Cueto
RP Addison Reed
RP Bobby Parnell
RP Aroldis Champan
RP/SP Zack Wheeler

I just traded this week CC Sabathia for Aroldis Chapman. CC's ERA/WHIP/L's were killing me. I'm thinking of trying to trade Tulo or Puig for a high end starter to shore up the pitching. I'm not too sure how the 2nd half of the season is going to go. Any help on moves to make or players to target would be greatly appreciated! I'm not too sure who I can get for that kind of value!

So I take it this is a weekly matchups thing? Do you get a win for each category, or just one win per week?

I don't know your keeper values on some of these guys, so it's a little hard to say if you should necessarily trade a guy like Puig or something.

My first thought in looking at your roster is I would try and move Jeff Locke. He has good numbers, but I think if you look at some of the underlying numbers he has been really lucky, and I wouldn't think he will do nearly as well in the seocnd half.

Between Tulo and Segura, I would definitely look at moving one of them, assuming you don't have a Middle Infield spot. If you can only play one of them, then for sure try and deal one. I don't know how pitchers are valued in your league, but I would think Tulo straight up should get you a top 10/15 SP, if not better.

So I take it this is a weekly matchups thing? Do you get a win for each category, or just one win per week?

I don't know your keeper values on some of these guys, so it's a little hard to say if you should necessarily trade a guy like Puig or something.

My first thought in looking at your roster is I would try and move Jeff Locke. He has good numbers, but I think if you look at some of the underlying numbers he has been really lucky, and I wouldn't think he will do nearly as well in the seocnd half.

Between Tulo and Segura, I w ould definitely look at moving one of them, assuming youdon't have a Middle Infield spot. If you can only play one of them, then for sure try and deal one. I don't know how pitchers are valued in your league, but I would think Tulo straight up should get you a top 10/15 SP, if not better.

Yes, You play head to head with a different team every week. Whatever your win total is at the end of the week ( 14-4) gets added to your total. the 6 highest totals make the playoffs.

I got Puig off of waivers for $10. Segura and Chris Davis both cost me 1$ off fo waiver claims. You can only keep 3 players. My thinking is to keep Segura, Davis, and Votto next year. That could change and I could keep Puig as well. I've heard numerous people say that about Locke. I like that he's a lefty, but I'm still honestly trying to decide where to go with him. I've been talking a trade out with someone for the past couple of days and think I may be able to get Jordan Zimmerman for Puig.

I would definitely look to move Locke, but it's possible a lot of the people in your league think he is going to fall off as well. If you get to keep Segura and Davis for a $1, then they would look to be pretty obvious keepers. What could you keep Votto at?

I would definitely look to move Locke, but it's possible a lot of the people in your league think he is going to fall off as well. If you get to keep Segura and Davis for a $1, then they would look to be pretty obvious keepers. What could you keep Votto at?

Votto would be $34. You start with $260 in your auction budget.

I have been on fire throughout the last 6-7 weeks. I'm currently in the semi-finals of the league.

I ended up making a trade. I traded Jose Fernandez, Jeff Locke, and Jean Segura for Clayton Kershaw, Carl Crawford.

I also picked up Alex Wood, who has been dealing the past month. It's going to be a fun week and a half to see if I make it into some big money. It would definitely be a huge deal for me to get into the finals (as I knew nothing in depth about baseball until this summer).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom