FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

FBI walking into the press conference today like

200.gif

How come nobody in the presser is talking about the other alleged four schools? Well, coaches. Unfair to lump a whole institution into this.

Question-

What happens to the recruits taking the money?

What options do non dirty players have if their school is indicted?
Jail? Wire fraud, tax evasion, etc, all seem on the table, no?

I think they are stuck at their schools this year, at least the first semester, since we're a month in at most places. Maybe they get waivers to transfer in January for immediate eligibility, but I guess that would assume punishments have been levied by then.

Jail? Wire fraud, tax evasion, etc, all seem on the table, no?

I think they are stuck at their schools this year, at least the first semester, since we're a month in at most places. Maybe they get waivers to transfer in January for immediate eligibility, but I guess that would assume punishments have been levied by then.

Wire fraud, tax evasion are definite threats and I'd think even potentially money laundering depending on how they handled the proceeds and whether they tried to hide the source of the funds.

Wire fraud, tax evasion are definite threats and I'd think even potentially money laundering depending on how they handled the proceeds and whether they tried to hide the source of the funds.
Im sure they didnt claim or pay taxes on that money

It's always the same schools getting caught doing this stuff. USC. Miami. Louisville. They don't even cheat good.

Come on man. I'll give you Louisville. Different eras and sports re: USC/Miami. SU was busted twice under Boeheim. I still am not seeing anything about Miami being officially charged. USC and Bush getting hit the way they did was a damn joke. Just like SU. Meanwhile, Cam Newton/Auburn go under the radar unscathed.

Im sure they didnt claim or pay taxes on that money

Oh no doubt about it. If they can get Capone on it they certainly can get these guys on it.

Come on man. I'll give you Louisville. Different eras and sports re: USC/Miami. SU was busted twice under Boeheim. I still am not seeing anything about Miami being officially charged. USC and Bush getting hit the way they did was a damn joke. Just like SU. Meanwhile, Cam Newton/Auburn go under the radar unscathed.
u serious right now?

That's bull. 100% bull. No way the NCAA gets to claim to be "hamstrung." If this kind of shady recruiting and cheating was that rampant, the NCAA had ways to find out.

Agreed. I'm sorry but with this type of activity at this level going on, there had to be some serious smoke for a while. The head in the sand because we don't have the resources just doesn't play anymore.

Man this is just crazy! Morbidly entertaining to say the least. Just think, after Hopkins left there was a many a poster wanting to pick up Book Richardson to fill the spots... glad we went with Griffin! I think this vindicates JB to some extent for some of the recruiting decisions he's been lambasted for, there's just so much the average poster is completely unaware and uninformed in.
Sad to say...I'm not totally sure SU won't be dragged into this. We are a historic Top 10 program.