FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

"I will work tirelessly to restore the ethical fabric of UL"

petrino.jpg
Wish he said that with road rash on his face

Not if there is smoke they dont. This isn't going to be about SU. I have no idea why people worry. But this ain't over.

A really competitive booster would boost other school's illegal just to get a HOF coach fired. I can certainly imagine insidious acts of evil. Maybe that says something about me. I just assume the very worse in every facet of human behavior so I'm not really surprised by this scandal. I think the real scandal is why we have so little law enforcement to police the inevitable when it comes to corruption in human behavior.

It was an assistant that was taped initially, Pitino was referred to by the assistant and had two telephone conversation with the Adidas head of marketing.

Pitino may end up in jail!

Yeah, I know. Then this shows up. Not sure how accurate this is.

Could be technically they are both still employed until the press conference to announce they have been fired? Or are they being fired with cause, whereas they have to go through that process...so they may be suspended pending firing with cause process completion...

Trust-fund Yalies calling their brokers to dump their Adidas stock? ;)

I'm not sure. A scandal like this is probably worth a billion dollars in name recognition advertising. Heck, it might have been the plan all along.

The last thing in the world these coaches were thinking was that they were set up by the feds. As others have said, they were worried about the NCAA, not the FBI. I bet at least one ass't, if not more, didn't know they were breaking federal laws.

I don't think they were setup by the feds. It was not a sting operation. I just think they were banking on the federal government being completely incompetent. Whoops!!!!

I would think the next shoe to drop would be Larranaga. The ACC is going to be very interesting this year. They were 2 of the top 5 projected teams.
I know we have Louisville on the road and Miami on the road. I would like every kid to transfer out and them to play walk on's. I just moved my projected conference record from 9-9 to 11-7. WE JUST MADE THE TOURNAMENT BABY!

I know we have Louisville on the road and Miami on the road. I would like every kid to transfer out and them to play walk on's. I just moved my projected conference record from 9-9 to 11-7. WE JUST MADE THE TOURNAMENT BABY!

I'm not one to talk smack because I'm superstitious. Let's just hope those are not our only wins!

They'll probably play this season and have to vacate wins later when players are found ineligible. But they'll already have pocketed the money, so why not?

What the hell is going on?
My guess...as stated earlier, in order to be fired for just cause they need to be notified in writing 10 days prior to termination. today, they were called in to receive the written notification, and will be fired soon after the 10 days. This way the university can terminate without being on the hook for any more money in future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom