FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

Where any player's indicted?

No because it's probably not illegal. But it's against NCAA rules and I expect some of these kids being declared ineligible. And regardless, we have to stay away from anyone involved in this.

Louisville do the right thing.

Self shutdown the basketball program and the NCAA should give all the players an extra year of eligibility a la Duke lacrosse and let them finish the year at Louisville and immediately transfer. Or finish the semester and immediately transfer.

UL may fire the whole basketball staff. How can you even allow the Assistant Coaches to stay? I would not bet against UL going to ACC and tell them they are cancelling the whole season after they fire the Staff.

Why is Pitino the only head coach losing his job?
97f54461e2f2e30434e3e7e641e5d83f.png

No because it's probably not illegal. But it's against NCAA rules and I expect some of these kids being declared ineligible. And regardless, we have to stay away from anyone involved in this.

I do appreciate your opinion even though I do not agree with it. I would prefer to win.

Huge money in coal, natural gas and drilling to. One I'm aware of is a huge huge booster for Kentucky.

Some of those you mention were issues giving my friend big problems. He's a developer and commercial real estate lawyer as well.

Why is Pitino the only head coach losing his job?
Can't speak for the others, but what I thin made him so quick was the problems with the last scandal. That was his last get out of jail free card. If there was a couple of years in between, maybe he had a chance, but right on the heels of the other one, no way.

Can't speak for the others, but what I thin made him so quick was the problems with the last scandal. That was his last get out of jail free card. If there was a couple of years in between, maybe he had a chance, but right on the heels of the other one, no way.

Look Boeheim has had his own set of issues. Lets not try to cast blame without realizing this happens almost everywhere.

UL may fire the whole basketball staff. How can you even allow the Assistant Coaches to stay? I would not bet against UL going to ACC and tell them they are cancelling the whole season after they fire the Staff.

Particularly since it was a UL Assistant Coach that was tapped.

I think politics may play a small role in this too. The office involved (NY) is notoriously political and they got a lot of great press from this yesterday. Even if they don't get huge charges in the end, they will always have this case on their resume and can claim to be the ones that cleaned up the NCAA when it couldn't even do it on its own...don't underestimate that.

This. Very good point.

Believe that Fran was just referring to Quinerly on espn, said there was a kid from NJ heading to AZ that didn't even care where he went to college as long as his family was taken care of.

Particularly since it was a UL Assistant Coach that was tapped.

Was it an assistant or was it Pitino? I think it may have been Pitino himself...The Louisville board does too.

One thing I am sick of is this ex-player Tony Bland stuff. He is a San diego state grad. He was at SD St longer than he was at Syracuse. I expect we will be hearing ex Syracuse asst Rick Pitino any time now.

Who do they hire? Are we assuming that the entire staff is gonzo. Their BOT is not going to touch any Pitino disciple with a ten foot pole. Does some out of work coach take the job on a temporary basis? There are plenty of guys like Frascilla, Dakich, Lappas. Do you give them a one year contract and look for someone for next season.
What's Tom Brennan up to these days?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom