Feel bad for Nassib | Syracusefan.com

Feel bad for Nassib

phil77

Hall of Fame
He was the only person that DM didn't take with him to Buffalo. He took everyone from coaches to ball boys but he did not take his QB.

By not taking Ryan ... after ostensibly trading down for the purpose of taking him...Doug made Ryan look like "damaged goods" in the eyes of every other NFL team. Ryan is a terrific young man. I hope he gets drafted by a team ... that will allow him to show the Bills just how large a mistake they made.

Friday is round 2 and 3. He'll get drafted before round 3 is over.

By not taking Ryan ... after ostensibly trading down for the purpose of taking him...Doug made Ryan look like "damaged goods" in the eyes of every other NFL team. Ryan is a terrific young man. I hope he gets drafted by a team ... that will allow him to show the Bills just how large a mistake they made.

Doug/Nix never intended to draft Ryan. That is clear by how this shamefully played out. The saving grace for Ryan, as terrific as he is in all respects by all accounts, is that he and his family are spared becoming part of the lengthy and continued tortuous existence of the Buffalo Bills and their entire community. Ryan and his have been spared, and that's a good thing. He will be employed tomorrow.

DISCLAIMER: I am a lifelong Bills fan and was hoping they took Ryan (or no QB at all).

Dougs a jerk. He is all for himself.

Ok, so now because he didn't take his college QB in a really weak QB draft, in the first round...he's a jerk.

Right.

You may think he is a jerk for why/how he left. And that's fine. But not taking Nassib in the 1st round does not make him a jerk.

And, btw, he didn't just walk out the door. There is more to it than that.

44cuse

Doug/Nix never intended to draft Ryan. That is clear by how this shamefully played out. The saving grace for Ryan, as terrific as he is in all respects by all accounts, is that he and his family are spared becoming part of the lengthy and continued tortuous existence of the Buffalo Bills and their entire community. Ryan and his have been spared, and that's a good thing. He will be employed tomorrow.

DISCLAIMER: I am a lifelong Bills fan and was hoping they took Ryan (or no QB at all).

Marrone did a lot for Ryan by hyping him at 8.

44cuse

The irony is that Ryan is the reason Marrone got the Bills job.

I agree, but Marrone's stone cold decisions are also what helped get the Syracuse football program back on track.

Nassib hang in there, we're rooting for you.

marrone isn't the gm

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

A few things with this.

1. Most of the Nassib to Bills hype was over played by ESPN and draft gurus

2. Nfl is a business

That being said this is still a horrible pick for the bills at that position.

as a non marrone fan and a bills could move to toronto and i wouldnt care type of guy

THIS IS AWESOME- best thing that could have happened for ryan - now he has a shot of going to a real franchise -

if his game is good enough he will get drafted

Guys on MSNBC Morning Joe are laughing at Nassib. Calling it humiliation of the highest level his old coach not taking him when the world thought he would

marrone isn't the gm

Marrone & the gm will be getting their pink slips soon enough as the jills continue their slide

CBS sports gave buffalo a fat F for a grade picking the sixth rated an off the board. Buffalo deserves to be bad. My frustration is that Nassib is made a laughing stock and marrone showed again how is a disloyal coach leaving the program because he didn't get what he wanted while he was tapping his spoon at the dinner table . I recognize how su football is in a better position than it was but it doesn't mean I will agree with his decision making which never was really great to begin with

CBS sports gave buffalo a fat F for a grade picking the sixth rated an off the board. Buffalo deserves to be bad. My frustration is that Nassib is made a laughing stock and marrone showed again how is a disloyal coach leaving the program because he didn't get what he wanted while he was tapping his spoon at the dinner table . I recognize how su football is in a better position than it was but it doesn't mean I will agree with his decision making which never was really great to begin with
laughing stock? this is crazy talk

Ryan will be fine. The worst thing that could have happened to him long term was to be a top ten pick. After last season when Luck and RG III were so good the hype and expectations on a rookie QB would have been unreal. If Ryan is good enough he will get a chance to play and earn. Up until the last six games did anyone think gee I wish my NFL team would draft Nassib. Take that to the next level, did you ever say I wish my NFL team would use a top ten pick on Nassib. Being over slotted is the worst thing for a QB. I often wonder how Rodgers would have developed if he switched places with Smith.

bills ownership appears to be purposely stinking up the team -

hire a dumbazz gm -check

have your house idiot hire a reach at hc-check

waste draft picks on 3rd rounders in the 1st-check

Yes, fine, maybe not going in Rd 1 was "embarrassing," but no one should feel bad about RN not going to Buffalo. They are a mess. With the exception of the Jets (sigh...), I don't think you can argue there is a more defunct franchise.

I think he did Nassib a favor. The expectations put on him if he played in Buffalo for Marrone would've been absurd. EJ can have that mess and Ryan can go to a team where he can learn the system and get acclimated without a 10,000 watt spotlight on his every mistake.

Ryan will go 2nd round and get a 4 year contract instead of 5 BUT will get a year to get acclimated before he has the weight of a franchise on his shoulders.

IMO Geno Smith looks more like the QB that got left out with all of the closeups of him on TV waiting last night.

As a life long Bills fan, I've grown used to seeing dumb personnel decisions since Bill Polian left and quite a few before Polian's tenure also.

Ryan will do well where ever he goes. Gary Anderson managed to survive after the Bills cut him...

Same here. But I guarantee you, wherever RN was, he didn't look like Geno Smith did last night.

Guys on MSNBC Morning Joe are laughing at Nassib. Calling it humiliation of the highest level his old coach not taking him when the world thought he would
The next intelligent comment coming from MSNBC will be the first one! Seriously feel bad for Ryan, but I share the opinion of others here, that this is probably a blessing in disguise for Ryan. Hope he gets drafted into a good situation and has a nice career n the league.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom