Feldman: BREAKING: Syracuse will hire Scott Shafer as its new head coach, source tells CBS | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Feldman: BREAKING: Syracuse will hire Scott Shafer as its new head coach, source tells CBS

Is Donnie Webb his source?

Any is it just coincidence that Donnie writes that article the very day Marrone is officially gone? Donnie back? Please say yes.

How he does will remain to be seen but that would have been the case even if we gave Chip Kelly 10mill to come here. No coach is guaranteed success at a new place. I'm completely fine with this hire though overall. Interested to see what else happens with the coaching staff. I have a feeling Hackett stays and I think we continue the course. We could be pretty mediocre next year but the reality is that was very possibly going to be the case with Marrone at the helm. The PSU game should be really interesting since we have no idea what to expect from some key players or from the staff.

Anyone would have been a gamble. Glad to gamble from within so that we could end the speculation quickly to maximize retention of current players as well as recruits.

Thank god, if true. Love Shafer's D, and his style of play. His background is good, and it sounds like his family and kids like it here. Hopefully we keep most of the staff and continue on our trajectory upward.

Greg Paulus@Greg_Paulus
Congratulations to Scott Shafer on becoming Head Coach at Syracuse! Excited for the program and him! His passion is contagious!

Rob Long@RobLong47
I'm very happy to hear the news about Coach Safer's promotion. He will do a tremendous job with this program. Tons of fire&passion Go Cuse!

Antwon Bailey@29atrain
Congrats to Shafer. Glad they promoted him. Great motivator, great passion. #GoCuse

216"]@BFeldmanCBS: BREAKING: Syracuse will hire Scott Shafer as its new head coach, source tells CBS: http://t.co/XCnNFwG9[/quote]

Really like this move for the recruits, especially Zack Allen

Solid. Like it.
Great call by Doc. I truly believe that if we went outside for the new coach we would have been rolling the dice. Shafer is a safe choice. This staff has done a great job. The kids like them, the HS and Juco coaches respect them. They did a great job this year. Sure Doug was the leader but if you have ever run anything of size you realize that it is the management team as much as the CEO that makes a company go. Glad to see that we may have a chance to keep the majority of these guys together. Now i cant wait to see who Shafer can retain and if he brings in a great recruiter with the open position. I really dont know who we could have hired outside of a golden who would have been a better bet. It is late in the game and we have a nice class lined up. We may actually keep the recruits including the gun slinger from TX with this hire. Good job Doc now wrap up boy Hack and we will be all set. Very good day for cuse

The players all seem to like the move.
Are there quotes available? Tweets, etc? I've searched some, but does anyone have a central location for tweets and so forth summing up the feelings of our players?

I'll make this prediction with one qualifier: If Shafer is successful (i.e. doesn't get run out of town), he will be here longer than Morrone was.

I love the guy's passion and energy. Hopefully he can parlay that into success on the field and the recruiting trail.

Congrats HCSS! Best of luck. LGO!!!!

@McMurphyESPN
Syracuse DC Scott Shafer is SU's coach & Nathaniel Hackett will remain OC, source told

@ESPN

. Shafer hiring 1st reported by

@BFeldmanCBS