Feldman: BREAKING: Syracuse will hire Scott Shafer as its new head coach, source tells CBS | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Feldman: BREAKING: Syracuse will hire Scott Shafer as its new head coach, source tells CBS

Is Donnie Webb his source?

Any is it just coincidence that Donnie writes that article the very day Marrone is officially gone? Donnie back? Please say yes.
I almost forgot the big balogne got pissed at the best writer we have had since arnie. Man i would love to have donnie back

@McMurphyESPN
Syracuse DC Scott Shafer is SU's coach & Nathaniel Hackett will remain OC, source told

@ESPN
. Shafer hiring 1st reported by

@BFeldmanCBS

Good news. Solid staff for next year. It will be interesting to see if Shafer brings in a DC or has one of the position coaches split duties with him (Daoust).

@McMurphyESPN
Syracuse DC Scott Shafer is SU's coach & Nathaniel Hackett will remain OC, source told

@ESPN
. Shafer hiring 1st reported by

@BFeldmanCBS

I regurgitated in a new thread. I will edit and list bnoro as my source.

Very happy with the promotion! Good call DG! I hope we can keep Hack around for at least three years into our ACC journey. At that point we should be relevant enough as a program to hire some beast assistant coaches if need be. Can't wait to see HCSS's defense in the ACC wih all the depth and talent we have. Let's go Cuse!

I'm not so sure about that. I remember plenty of posters that weren't sold on GRob's defensive credentials.
I lived in KC new Dick and was sick beyond belief when we hired Grob. I knew that he was a going to be a disaster

RT

@BFeldmanCBS

: Have heard many good things from coaches who have worked with new Syracuse head coach Scott Shafer.

Weird, coaches are usually so negative about their own.

I kid, I kid.

I'm not so sure about that. I remember plenty of posters that weren't sold on GRob's defensive credentials.

There were some, not a lot. Probably about the same number of people wondering if Shafer is the best choice.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Dave is better. Far better.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
I really like Donnie got to know him years ago and when it was much harder to get info he would always take my call. Good guy im biased

Like the hire, He keeps the continuity and momentum going. It is why had to be done so late in the season. It's huge that we were able to retain Hackett as well.

However, if it were me, I would have went with Hackett as HC and Shafer as DC. I like Hacketts potential much more.

That said, good move hope it looks good later. I hope we did not rush into a mistake.

I lived in KC new Dick and was sick beyond belief when we hired Grob. I knew that he was a going to be a disaster

I remember you expressing concerns at the time.

I guess we won't be playing WVU again any time soon. I think the hillbillies have seen enough of Shafer.

Like the move. Would have liked it even better if Hackett got the top spot.

I really like Donnie got to know him years ago and when it was much harder to get info he would always take my call. Good guy im biased

I "like" Donnie, too. He's a neighbor of my parents and a good guy.

That said, he didn't enjoy covering SU [for a variety of reasons that were out of his control], and he in general is very negative about SU football. Based upon personal interactions, I wasn't disappointed to see him move on from covering SU for that reason. But that doesn't change that he is a good guy, and a solid reporter.

Die hard Alabama fan--he had a flag waving outside his house over the holidays.