Festivities after the game | Syracusefan.com

Festivities after the game

MSOrange

2020 Cali Award Winner, Regular Season Record
One of my friends from elementary school helped out with the catering at an after-game party at JB's house last night. We may have had board members there who can give better reports and I also don't want to invade anyone's privacy since it wasn't a public event. But all of the ESPN announcers were there (except Vitale) as well as Autry and Hopkins and their families. He's posted pictures so far of McDonough, Dave Bing and JB. My friend was able to watch the end of the Arizona - Cal game sitting between JB and Bilas. He also played ball with McDonough at 2 am. Looks like JB has a pretty nice indoor court. Seems like it was quite an amazing night for my friend - and boy would that party have been a letdown if we had lost!

Autry was at the Sheraton with the visiting recruits.

The Grants were grabbing a post-game meal there, and Wallace was also in attendance.

I'm interested in hearing about the fights post game at Faegan's in case anyone has any juice.

I forgot to mention that my friend got a poster and ball autographed by the entire team and also a JB autographed ball for his work for the night. (I assume he got paid too, but those were more interesting to me than money). And towards the end of the night, they all went out back and shouted at the top of their lungs. (Okay one of those things might not be true. I'll let you guys decide which)

I'm interested in hearing about the fights post game at Faegan's in case anyone has any juice.
Gary Parrish was there.

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- After the game was over and the column was filed, I settled into a booth with a few friends at Faegan's Pub near the Carrier Dome to grab a late drink and bite to eat. Predictably, the place was full of Syracuse fans in Syracuse gear -- all of whom were celebrating a win over Mike Krzyzewski's Blue Devils, most of whom were singing along to the same songs I remember hearing in bars when I was in college too many years ago.

(Can we forget about the things I said when I was drunk/I didn't mean to call you that.)

Arizona-California was not on any of the televisions.

So nobody was watching it.

But at some point a guy grabbed a microphone and announced that Arizona had just lost to Cal. He then followed that with this: "Cuse is going to be mother-[expletive] No. 1!"

There were loud cheers from everybody.

Because everybody knew he was mother-[expletive] right.

Anyway ...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...yracuse-orange-are-no-1-in-the-top-25-and-one

I was passing a guy wearing a UConn hat on Marshall Street after the game and he was saying Duke sucks at SU fans as they passed by. I of course pointed out to him that UConn sucks and he started giving me the business and I chanted AAC as I moved off into the night :)

MSOrange said:
I forgot to mention that my friend got a poster and ball autographed by the entire team and also a JB autographed ball for his work for the night. (I assume he got paid too, but those were more interesting to me than money). And towards the end of the night, they all went out back and shouted at the top of their lungs. (Okay one of those things might not be true. I'll let you guys decide which)

How utterly classy of JB.

Well, this likely answers the question I posed regarding who CTO was drinking with last night.

If he's posted pics, put up the link!

They are on his personal facebook page. I'll ask him but I wouldn't feel comfortable posting them without permission.

My son and your buddy were very good friends and wrestling buddies in high school. Happy that he had such a wonderful day. I don't know why or how but some of those pictures ended up showing on my timeline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom