Fickle fans | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fickle fans

That’s just wrong.
After the five game win streak, some fans thought/wanted to think/wanted everyone else to think things were rosey. Some.
The more rational fans knew the schedule wasn’t balanced, that we still had flaws, and that the ‘upturn’ may not have represented ‘truth.’
And between those two different types of fans, all of them/us are still here, still watching all the games, and still passionate about ‘our’ team.

You must have a different definition of “fair weather” than I do. The conversation naturally changes because it follows context, not blind, simpleminded adulation.
Agreed.
For me, it was all about a ray of sunshine in an up-to-that-point, "hurricane of isht" season. We looked like a viable team again, and that streak was a foreshadow into what we might be in a couple of years w/ a veteran Buddy, JG, QC, Edwards, et al.
At the beginning of this godforsaken season, we didn't have anything to look forward to. No one but the most gullible and naive ever assumed we'd be playing for an ACC championship, not seriously anyway. But the streak resurrected hope that yes, we could continue the over-500 streak and make a postseason tourney this year, as opposed to a complete UNC-like collapse.
We'll be good, and soon...just not this year. No one was realistically imagining the worst was over, just that the best was once again, viable.

Getting your doors blown off on national TV will do that for you

Llvll blew our doors off in the last BET.
On national TV.

That still worked out pretty OK for us anyway.

(No, I don’t think we’re going on a surprise Final Four run again. I’m just saying that one bad game means exactly jack.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom