FIFA 2014 World Cup all-purpose thread | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

FIFA 2014 World Cup all-purpose thread

Speaking off "off the books" behavior, the US media needs to get better at ignoring the possibility of collusion (the gentlemen's term is "playing for a draw") between the US and Germany in the run-up to Thursday. The first rule of collusion is not to bring attention to it. But the link to one story on ESPN.com last night was simply titled "Collusion" while Yahoo sports had a story today asking whether the US and Germany would collude. You gotta take a page for the European media playbook, which is that no one acknowledges it could happen and the mere suggestion evokes outrage. Like Fight Club, the first rule of Draw Club is you do not talk about Draw Club.
Parlay ... Jack Sparrow

Bq2HdgiCIAEbIri.jpg

My predicted winners today. Costa Rica 1 England 1, Italy 1, Uruguay 2, Columbia 2 Japan 1, Greece 1 Ivory Coast 0

Group C winner Costa Rica
runnerup Uruguay

Group D winner Columbia
runner up: Greece

Knockout matchups Costa Rica vs. Greece, Columbia v. Uruguay.

My predicted winners today. Costa Rica 1 England 1, Italy 1, Uruguay 2, Columbia 2 Japan 1, Greece 1 Ivory Coast 0

Group C winner Costa Rica
runnerup Uruguay

Group D winner Columbia
runner up: Greece

Knockout matchups Costa Rica vs. Greece, Columbia v. Uruguay.

Uruguay v Colombia would be an awesome match though I like Italy a lot today. The Italians usually get better as the tournie progresses and I don't feel like they have played their best game yet (also true of Belgium and Germany). Whereas I think Uruguay, the US, Algeria, France and Mexico have taken their best shot.

Could there possibly a more volatile striker match up than Suarez and Balotelli?
Depends on how you feel about Ronaldo and his violatility with how being serviced well at Madrid.
However Super Mario and Suarez is great.

Imperial called it
Marchiso WITH stupid red going over the ball on the tackle. Italy subbed Balotelli out before he got red carded.

So red card you are out of the current game, but can play the next game..

but two yellows you can stay in the current game, but sit the next?

The Canable Suarez strikes again and he got away with it.
Uruguay goal they deserve it with all the time wasting from Italy.

I think that's it for Italy. No way they can score to level the match with 10 men. Not with it being this rough and dirty. I predict a dive in the box.