FIFA 2014 World Cup all-purpose thread | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

FIFA 2014 World Cup all-purpose thread

FWIW, DaMarcus Beasley was AWESOME in his fourth WC. He played tight defense, made some great runs forward and busted his butt to get back when the ball went the other way.

And Jermaine Jones had the best stretch of games I've ever seen him play.

Howard is probably done but what a way to end his USA run. I doubt he will be the keeper next year at the Gold Cup MAYBE he plays in the 2016 Copa America in the USA but he won't be the keeper in 4 years sadly.
Green did more in 15 minutes than Bedoya and Zusi did in 4 games what a future. Our team has a lot of youth Green, Yedlin, Johnson, Johannsson, we are a top 15 team in the world we just need a little more depth and it will be a top 5 team in the world.

I wish Jones was young enough for 1 more WC cycle he was nails this tournament. We need a golden generation of USA players if we want to win a WC.
Win next year's Gold Cup and we will lock a bid to the 2017 Confederations Cup.

I wish Jones was young enough for 1 more WC cycle he was nails this tournament. We need a golden generation of USA players if we want to win a WC.

Gold Cup, Confederations Cup.. Tell me more.

Edit- I have way to much work I should be doing to google these. Thanks lol

Yedlin and Green and Johansson are an awfully nice start to a golden generation.

Why the hell not?!

(Seriously asking. I know nothing about the sport. Why not stick around, so much future for this team)
Well he has a contract that runs through then, but he's getting a lot of interest from European clubs. Who knows.

Klinsmann is one of the highest paid managers in the world. Only Fabio Capello I know makes more. He won't leave the USMNT for money it will be because he hated the criticism he got from Bayern Munich.

Cusetroop the Gold Cup is the CONCACAF regional tournament every 2 years. It was broadcasted on FOX last year. The USA beat Panama in the final last year. If you win your confederation you get to compete in the Confederations Cup the year before the WC in the host country as a test run. The US got the fin in 2009 last year Mexico represented our region. The US will clinch a bid if they win the Gold Cup next he if not they will play a playoff for the Confed berth in 2017.
The Copa America is coming to the USA in 2016 that will be fun and rival Euro 2016.

Howard is probably done but what a way to end his USA run. I doubt he will be the keeper next year at the Gold Cup MAYBE he plays in the 2016 Copa America in the USA but he won't be the keeper in 4 years sadly.
Green did more in 15 minutes than Bedoya and Zusi did in 4 games what a future. Our team has a lot of youth Green, Yedlin, Johnson, Johannsson, we are a top 15 team in the world we just need a little more depth and it will be a top 5 team in the world.
Bedoya was a ghost on the field every game. Zusi at least set up Clint's goal vs. Portugal if I remember correctly, but he underwhelmed too.

I never would have guessed that our best midfielder would have turned out to be Jermaine Jones.

Klinsmann is one of the highest paid managers in the world. Only Fabio Capello I know makes more. He won't leave the USMNT for money it will be because he hated the criticism he got from Bayern Munich.

Cusetroop the Gold Cup is the CONCACAF regional tournament every 2 years. It was broadcasted on FOX last year. The USA beat Panama in the final last year. If you win your confederation you get to compete in the Confederations Cup the year before the WC in the host country as a test run. The US got the fin in 2009 last year Mexico represented our region. The US will clinch a bid if they win the Gold Cup next he if not they will play a playoff for the Confed berth in 2017.
The Copa America is coming to the USA in 2016 that will be fun and rival Euro 2016.

I like it.

Yedlin and Green and Johansson are an awfully nice start to a golden generation.
Josie's still young and we've got Terrance Boyd waiting in the wings too. We need to start pumping out better defenders, although the back four today did about as much as could be asked of them.

jekelish said:

Lets not forget Jozy Is only 23 as well. We need to develope some central mids but we're primed to have options in attack and on the wings, the defense will largely be in tact and Guzan will be the next in what is a remarkable run of US keepers.

Lets not forget Jozy Is only 23 as well. We need to develope some central mids but we're primed to have options in attack and on the wings, the defense will largely be in tact and Guzan will be the next in what is a remarkable run of US keepers.
His name is Julian Green. In 4 years I expect him to perform like James Rodriguez did for Colombia this year.