FIFA 2014 World Cup all-purpose thread | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

FIFA 2014 World Cup all-purpose thread

If you like great attacking play with edge of your seat defending I have the perfect English Premier League team for you. Please refer to my avatar for reference.

lol I'm going to have to do a little research before I pick an EPL league. I'll prolly just start watching any match I can find, and see which team jumps out at me

Im curious if Yedlin will be the breakthrough mls player that a bigger european team poaches for a sizable fee.
Ian Darke mentioned during the Portugal game that Man United were interested in Fabian Johnson but he already made a move in the Bundesliga this offseason. We need USA players playing in the Champions League.

Ian Darke mentioned during the Portugal game that Man United were interested in Fabian Johnson but he already made a move in the Bundesliga this offseason. We need USA players playing in the Champions League.

Agree 100%. Want to see Yedlin and some other young prospects find their way to Europe. MLS is a good training ground, but we need guys getting experience against world-class competition.

Yedlin should only move if its a spot where he will be get a chance to be a starter. He has potential but moving and sitting on the bench won't help. Julian Green is going to be loaned out for sure this year from Bayern Munich hopefully he lights it up in Bundesliga when he goes on loan.

As much as I am not fan of the Yankees of the BPL Man U they will be a top 4 side next year IMO. Moyes was horrible, but Van Gaal is a good manager and they should be better. Did Man U qualify for Europa?

I like starting next year the winner of the Europa league gets an automatic bid into the following year's Champions League. Thus, that will be the only way for a country like Spain, England, Germany to get 5 teams in the Champions League over the max 4 right now.

[quote alsacs, post: 1076289, member: 652"]As much as I am not fan of the Yankees of the BPL Man U they will be a top 4 side next year IMO. Moyes was horrible, but Van Gaal is a good manager and they should be better. Did Man U qualify for Europa?

I like starting next year the winner of the Europa league gets an automatic bid into the following year's Champions League. Thus, that will be the only way for a country like Spain, England, Germany to get 5 teams in the Champions League over the max 4 right now.[/quote]

They qualified for nothing. The coach was bad but their roster is the problem. Big contract players that underperform, core group got old, and no youth system because they never gave young guys run thus they stopped coming in. Now they have to buy in a market with bigger money clubs and no CL to offer. Its remarkably similar to where Liverpool were 4 years ago and we just managed to dig out.

After watching USA-Portugal even though he scored a gimme goal I don't understand Man U's thinking resigning Nani for 5 more years.
Man City is getting hit with that transfer ban right. BPL should be interesting. I am glad QPR got back up I like them even though they aren't my favorite team.

[quote"Alsacs, post: 1076301, member: 652"]After watching USA-Portugal even though he scored a gimme goal I don't understand Man U's thinking resigning Nani for 5 more years.
Man City is getting hit with that transfer ban right. BPL should be interesting. I am glad QPR got back up I like them even though they aren't my favorite team.[/quote]

Nani Is useless and they have the wrong Valencia from Ecuador. De Gea looks great in net but he has to.

Wondo, Wondo, Wondo...

Oh Lord:bang:Oh Lord

Sorry, had to say it. Donovan pounds that home.

Otherwise, HOLY CRAP what a set piece they ran for Dempsey. If he one touches it, it's the equalizer. No doubt in my mind.

Am I totally disappointed? Yes. Emphatically. Howard deserved the W and our guys couldn't get it. However...

• We advanced out of the Group of Death...without Jozy Altidore and Landon Donovan, and with injuries to Clint and Jones. If you had told me that we would beat Ghana and essentially beat Portugal without Jozy (and Bradley having off games) I would have bet JoeCollege's farm against it.
  • We hung tough with Germany and took their best shot in a pressure situation.
  • We traveled the most of any team in the tournament and still had enough in the tank to take Belgium to extra time.
  • And we played with HEART, and GUTS and DETERMINATION, even if we did lack the technical part of the game. We proved once again that we can play this game at the highest level.
I am so excited for the future of this team. Yes, we will be losing Clint, Tim, probably DeMarcus, maybe Landon too. But damn do I LOVE Yedlin and Greene! Hopefully those kids become the nucleus of "Golden Generation" for US Soccer.

I think Klinsmann did a tremendous job with what he had, even if, ultimately, the choice of Wondo over Donovan may have cost us on some existential level. We had our chances to steal the game today, none bigger than Wondo's. How ironic that the guy who makes a living knocking home sniper goals in the box misses the biggest one of his career?

Great run. Sad to see it end.

PeteCalvin said:
Wondo, Wondo, Wondo...

Oh Lord:bang:Oh Lord

Sorry, had to say it. Donovan pounds that home.

Otherwise, HOLY CRAP what a set piece they ran for Dempsey. If he one touches it, it's the equalizer. No doubt in my mind.

Am I totally disappointed? Yes. Emphatically. Howard deserved the W and our guys couldn't get it. However...

[*]We advanced out of the Group of Death...without Jozy Altidore and Landon Donovan, and with injuries to Clint and Jones. If you had told me that we would beat Ghana and essentially beat Portugal without Jozy (and Bradley having off games) I would have bet JoeCollege's farm against it.
[*]We hung tough with Germany and took their best shot in a pressure situation.
[*]We traveled the most of any team in the tournament and still had enough in the tank to take Belgium to extra time.
[*]And we played with HEART, and GUTS and DETERMINATION, even if we did lack the technical part of the game. We proved once again that we can play this game at the highest level.

I am so excited for the future of this team. Yes, we will be losing Clint, Tim, probably DeMarcus, maybe Landon too. But damn do I LOVE Yedlin and Greene! Hopefully those kids become the nucleus of "Golden Generation" for US Soccer.

I think Klinsmann did a tremendous job with what he had, even if, ultimately, the choice of Wondo over Donovan may have cost us on some existential level. We had our chances to steal the game today, none bigger than Wondo's. How ironic that the guy who makes a living knocking home sniper goals in the box misses the biggest one of his career?

Great run. Sad to see it end.

Waiting four years sucks!

Alsacs said:
Van Persie probably wants to strangle Rooney as well. The BPL should be wide open. Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arensal, Everton look like a good top 5.

Hey! COYS!

Don't forget we absolutely breezed through qualifying compared to what it took in prior campaigns. Jurgen did an unbelievable job. I really, really hope he stays.

The USMNT has a lot to be proud of and our best days are in front of us.

Van Persie probably wants to strangle Rooney as well. The BPL should be wide open. Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arensal, Everton look like a good top 5.
Chelsea is loaded. Look at a guy like Courtois. We could never let it go to penalties today because he wasn't letting more than three in. If it's a fair fight, then he will beat out Cech. Then you have Willian, Oscar, Hazard, Ramires, Schurrle, Matic and now Costa up front. It's an unbelievable midfield. Chelsea would have won the league last year if they had taken care of business against bad sides. It shouldn't be wide open next season. Mourinho will deliver a victory parade along the Kings Road once again.

[quote"Alsacs, post: 1076301, member: 652"]
Nani Is useless and they have the wrong Valencia from Ecuador.

I think Robbie Martinez will be the ManU manager within three years. Not sold on Van Gaal.