Filipowski better be suspended | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Filipowski better be suspended

Sweeping the legs underneath someone doesn’t warrant a suspension?
It wasnt as bad as people are making it out to be. Its all Duke hatred (And i hate duke)

The kid he “Tripped” didnt biff it hard so it was overblown. Should have been a flagrant one called and move on. If we werent going to be possibly playing Duke noone would give a crap.

Last edited:
It wasnt as bad as people are making it out to be. Its all Duke hatred (And i hate duke)

The kid he “Tripped” didnt biff it so it was overblown. Should have been a flagrant one called and move on. If we werent going to be possibly playing Duke noone would give a crap.
How could it be worse?

The kid he “Tripped” didnt biff it hard so it was overblown. Should have been a flagrant one called and move on. If we werent going to be possibly playing Duke noone would give a crap.
He tripped him….everything else that you said about how bad it was doesn’t matter what matters is he tripped him and he should be suspended one game. It’s as clear as day. The ACC will be reviewing this call and it’s a complete joke if he isn’t suspended one game because of it

He tripped him….everything else that you said about how bad it was doesn’t matter what matters is he tripped him and he should be suspended one game. It’s as clear as day. The ACC will be reviewing this call and it’s a complete joke if he isn’t suspended one game because of it
Hey i hope he is suspended. If this was a louisville player vs BC noone here would be putting up a stink which was the point i was trying to make. If this were Q who was the accuser people would be all over this board claiming his innocence.

In the end i would be stunned if he is suspended

By rule an uncalled flagrant is an automatic suspension. That’s why Buddy was suspended.

Last edited:
By a rule an uncalled flagrant is an automatic suspension. That’s why Buddy was suspended.
Well buddys was pretty blatant. Closed fist punch. this was a trip per sey but you could argue against it even we probably know his intention.

By a rule an uncalled flagrant is an automatic suspension. That’s why Buddy was suspended.
Because he is a star Duke player he probably won’t be suspended and I think that is Marsh’s point but this is also why Buddy should of been suspended for the remaining game against Florida State and called it a day, but guess what the ACC made a point about Buddy and took away any chance we had at a bid by taking out our star player. Buddy was wrong, Kyle is now wrong here. If Buddy was a Duke player guess what he might of found a way into the next game

Oh come on. Why you putting quotes around tripped??That was a blatant trip. Its magnified because its a white duke player doing it again.Its a dirty play any way u slice it.

Oh come on. Why you putting quotes around tripped??That was a blatant trip. Its magnified because its a white duke player doing it again.Its a dirty play any way u slice it.
Hey look i hate puke almost as much as i hate uconn. All i am saying is that if this was a WAC school noone would care. If we werent possibly playing Duke next game noone would care. If one of our star players did this exact same thing people would be screaming from the hilltops that it wasnt that bad much like some were on here claiming Buddys punch suspension wasnt warranted. This wasnt a Grayson Allen type trip. They should have reviewed it right there and called a flagrant one and it would be over and done with.

in the end i hope he is suspended but i just dont see it happening.

Because he is a star Duke player he probably won’t be suspended and I think that is Marsh’s point but this is also why Buddy should of been suspended for the remaining game against Florida State and called it a day, but guess what the ACC made a point about Buddy and took away any chance we had at a bid by taking out our star player. Buddy was wrong, Kyle is now wrong here. If Buddy was a Duke player guess what he might of found a way into the next game
Oddly enough, that game that Buddy was out was the only time we were remotely competitive with Duke last year. Just an observation, not saying there was a connection.

Hey i hope he is suspended. If this was a louisville player vs BC noone here would be putting up a stink which was the point i was trying to make. If this were Q who was the accuser people would be all over this board claiming his innocence.

In the end i would be stunned if he is suspended
People here thought Buddy shouldn't have been suspended.

It’ll be interesting how we gameplan for Duke now. Should we have our guys practicing those car tire obstacle courses now?

I actually just saw the ACC added a new bylaw last night. Tripping shall be allowed on a one time basis if said tripper is a 5 star Duke player that has PTSD from a recent court storming event.

It’ll be interesting how we gameplan for Duke now. Should we have our guys practicing those car tire obstacle courses now?

I actually just saw the ACC added a new bylaw last night. Tripping shall be allowed on a one time basis if said tripper is a 5 star Duke player that has PTSD from a recent court storming event.
We still need to win the first game so I won’t be getting too far ahead of myself

Hey look i hate puke almost as much as i hate uconn. All i am saying is that if this was a WAC school noone would care. If we werent possibly playing Duke next game noone would care. If one of our star players did this exact same thing people would be screaming from the hilltops that it wasnt that bad much like some were on here claiming Buddys punch suspension wasnt warranted. This wasnt a Grayson Allen type trip. They should have reviewed it right there and called a flagrant one and it would be over and done with.

in the end i hope he is suspended but i just dont see it happening.

I dont think he’ll be suspended either, but it was 1000% a blatant intentional trip and a very dirty play. Of course its gonna get more attention cuz its duke and they have a history of tripping guys, that doesnt make it any less of a dirty play.

And look he tries to act like hes injured after the play cuz he knows he tripped him, what a joke!!

We still need to win the first game so I won’t be getting too far ahead of myself
It's a lock! Did anyone watch NCState / Pitt? Prob zero people since it was on CW and overlapping with better games.

Really though I read DJ Horne went down injured early. I also don't see Burns being effective play multiple games in a row.

I dont think he’ll be suspended either, but it was 1000% a blatant intentional trip and a very dirty play. Of course its gonna get more attention cuz its duke and they have a history of tripping guys, that doesnt make it any less of a dirty play.

And look he tries to act like hes injured after the play cuz he knows he tripped him, what a joke!!

Agree it was intentional with no doubt in my mind. I'm in a wheelchair so I don't have any experience getting up off the ground to a standing position. But I have seen it done many times before and I don't ever remember someone's leg going in an upward motion like that to accomplish it.

Absolutely dirty and absolutely should be suspended. Because he is such a big guy it was a slow trip and his leg wasn’t extended enough to fully inhibit Ingram’s momentum thus it looks softer. That said it should be called as such and a suspension issued.

As someone who blew 3 knee ligaments and was never the same because of a cheap shot in a pickup game that while soft still caused injury I’m saying suspend the punk and if it was an SU player suspend that dude all the same. No more coddling stupidity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom