Filipowski better be suspended | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Filipowski better be suspended

It wasnt as bad as people are making it out to be. Its all Duke hatred (And i hate duke)

The kid he “Tripped” didnt biff it hard so it was overblown. Should have been a flagrant one called and move on. If we werent going to be possibly playing Duke noone would give a crap.
You may be the only person on earth that sees this incident the way you see it. Also, at the risk of sounding oblivious, what does “ biff it hard” mean?

It wasnt as bad as people are making it out to be. Its all Duke hatred (And i hate duke)

The kid he “Tripped” didnt biff it hard so it was overblown. Should have been a flagrant one called and move on. If we werent going to be possibly playing Duke noone would give a crap.

The kid ran over Flip's legs as he was getting up. It was probably a trip but that ain't a sucker punch to someone's gut.

Tripping is a pretty big no no in basketball obviously Ingram wasn't hurt but this is a clear cut 1 gamer bc they missed the flagrant. ESPN has it on their main page because again intentionally tripping an opponent in hoops isn't a grey area its totally forbidden and your rep as a player takes a hit when you do it. Most dirty plays in basketball flying elbows and the like can be excused as part of the game no matter how excessive intentional trips can't.

You may be the only person on earth that sees this incident the way you see it. Also, at the risk of sounding oblivious, what does “ biff it hard” mean?
The kid jumped over him. Was it a trip? Probably. He fell over him, lost his balance and hit the floor. Suspension worthy? Who knows. And in the end i really could care less to be honest.

The kid ran over Flip's legs as he was getting up. It was probably a trip but that ain't a sucker punch to someone's gut.
Doesn't matter. No one should argue that what Buddy did and what Flip did were exactly the same. One was worse than the other. Having said that, Flip intentionally tripped a opposing player. Period. He should be suspended for a game. That he won't be, is almost a bigger issue.

Doesn't matter. No one should argue that what Buddy did and what Flip did were exactly the same. One was worse than the other. Having said that, Flip intentionally tripped a opposing player. Period. He should be suspended for a game. That he won't be, is almost a bigger issue.

Agree on part one, 100%.

I think he tripped the kid, but the way the play went down he'll get away with it. UNC kid could've taken a different path down court and that's what Duke will argue if it gets to a point where they need to argue anything.

Agree on part one, 100%.

I think he tripped the kid, but the way the play went down he'll get away with it. UNC kid could've taken a different path down court and that's what Duke will argue if it gets to a point where they need to argue anything.
Filipowski's weak-assed explanation doesn't help him. He's not being disingenuous--he's lying through his teeth.

Filipowski's weak-assed explanation doesn't help him. He's not being disingenuous--he's lying through his teeth.

Just watched again - UNC kid pushed him down jumping over him.

Ingram put both hands on him pushing him down going forward, Duke can make the plausible argument that he was trying to get up. Ingram initiated contact.

This isn't Grayson Allen, just my opinion.
So it was the guy who was tripped fault? I agree he won't be suspended. Only that he should be. If it was a player on any other team (other than UNC) he would be. No question. Especially if said player was playing UNC or Duke next.

So it was the guy who was tripped fault? I agree he won't be suspended. Only that he should be. If it was a player on any other team (other than UNC) he would be. No question. Especially if said player was playing UNC or Duke next.

He ran right over him and put both arms on Flip, didn't have to do that.

As a bigger point if the refs don't make a call life goes on, hate these reviews.

I don’t know why anyone is defending a trip here. Duke or no Duke, if Buddy Boheim is suspended for a little shot to the gut, how does this kid not get suspended for tripping?

Objectively, he purposefully tripped an opponent on the court. Suspension. It’s that simple. The point others are making is the fact that it IS a Duke player is why there’s a double standard. Otherwise, it’s a clear call. I can’t see how it can be argued.

If the ACC doesn’t suspend, the conspiracy theorists have good reason to crow.

Would it make a difference if Ingram had sprained his wrist or broke an arm or hit his head causing concussion protocol? That is why you don't trip. Very lucky something worse didn't happen. Just because everyone was able to play on doesn't excuse the trip. This had the potential to be way worse than Buddy's punch-which was not only stupid but warranted the suspension.

I don’t even care that they are playing us next. If they were playing BC I’d say he should be suspended. This is Draymond Green/Grayson Allen level sht. No, it wasn’t a punch, but when he got injured after the awake game he was trying to trip that fan too. If I’m another AD in the league I’m making a huge deal of this.

So he deserved to be tripped for that, got it
Not only that, but he didn’t “push him down with both hands”, he was simply running down court and sought to clear and avoid the Duke player lying on the court. It was the Duke player who sought to trip.

It’s pretty clear as day. All these arguments about contributory actions and no harm no foul are irrelevant. Kid tripped the other kid. Should be suspended. If he’s not, it’s a bad look for the league. Let’s see what happens.

What consequences did Judah get for slapping the dude. That was so much worse. I recall getting kicked from the game but did he serve a game suspension? I only recall him not starting due to a coaching decision.

this! Certainly it’s not as bad as a punch but the error is the no call on the court. If they deem that it is worthy of a flagrant that results in ejection and not called then the penalty gets assessed at the next game.

That was most of our biggest issues with the Buddy situation. If called in the moment most would have understood and been ok (still not happy) with it. It basically just comes down to what they deem is standard punishment for that kind of trip.

What consequences did Judah get for slapping the dude. That was so much worse. I recall getting kicked from the game but did he serve a game suspension? I only recall him not starting due to a coaching decision.
He didn’t get suspended because they reviewed it during the game and kicked him out then. If he didn’t get kicked out then by rule he would have been suspended the next game for committing a flagrant 1.

He didn’t get suspended because they reviewed it during the game and kicked him out then. If he didn’t get kicked out then by rule he would have been suspended the next game for committing a flagrant 1.
Putting Judah aside, seems to be that if a player slaps another in the face, that should warrant more action than just getting kicked out for the current game. Flip ought to be suspended for the upcoming game, but nothing more than that.

I cant believe people are defending this. Weird hill to die on. Theres no he “probably” tripped him. Or “maybe” it was intentional. Or the carolina player ran over flip’s legs (lol)

Thats as obvious a trip as youll see. Then him faking an injury after, just like he did after the wake court storm. And the terrible explanation “i was just getting up…my foot slipped…i dont know how i caught him…DURRRRRRRRRRRRR”

Tripping is a pretty big no no in basketball (except for Duke players) obviously Ingram wasn't hurt but this is a clear cut 1 gamer bc they missed the flagrant. ESPN has it on their main page because again intentionally tripping an opponent in hoops isn't a grey area its totally forbidden and your rep as a player takes a hit when you do it. Most dirty plays in basketball flying elbows and the like can be excused as part of the game no matter how excessive intentional trips can't.
FIFY

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom